Your first video game...

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Your first video game...

Postby Gipper » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:03 pm

I noticed this on another topic, and thought it would be a good idea to ask:What was the first video game you ever played? Tell a little anecdote about your experience as well if you can remember.<p>For me, it was Super Metroid. My uncle had a Super Nintendo, and two games, Breath of Fire and Super Metroid. Whenever he played either, I would always watch him like a little shadow. He played one Saturday when I was six, and then went to sleep, leaving the game in. I had seen him turn the system on and off enough to know how, and I turned it on. That day, Super Metroid happened to be in the SNES. I watched the whole opening scene, listening to the music, enthralled. I pushed the buttons, trying to find my way through. I must have played for hours. I made it to the first boss after dying five times when my uncle came in back from his pre-night shift nap. He seemed surprised that I was as far I had gotten, and after telling me to ask before I played, said to keep going. Not long after, I played Breath of Fire, and though that is one of my favorites (#6), it holds not even a candle to Super Metroid. It took me three weeks to beat that game the first time. I nearly cried when the Metroid died, and yelled so loudly at the Mother Brain that my mom threatened to never let me play again if I yelled like that. I killed off the Mother Brain, and beat the game-two days before my uncle, who had had the game for a month longer that I had ever played.
Gipper

Your first video game...

Postby KexMex » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:06 pm

Super Metroid isn't all that awesome.<p>The first game I played... iiiis... Super Mario World!!! Not so awesome either.
KexMex

Your first video game...

Postby ThePeaGuy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:08 pm

My first was probably Head over Heels on my Amstrad CPC464.<p>
ThePeaGuy

Your first video game...

Postby Malakai » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:09 pm

Super Mario Bros. for the good ol' 8 bit theatre was my first. Ride the turtle!
Malakai

Your first video game...

Postby Neo48 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:13 pm

Super Mario Bros. NES style...wow, am i special or what? :p
Neo48

Your first video game...

Postby zoothe » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:29 pm

I can't remember but it had to be something on Calecovision or the Atari 2800... I remember this game we used to play a lot with these two tanks.
zoothe

Your first video game...

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:15 am

My first game and RPG was Dragon Warrior for the NES. I love that game...and a great many others... :p
LegoMuskCat

Your first video game...

Postby KexMex » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:17 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Dreamer</i><p>My first game and RPG was Dragon Warrior for the NES. I love that game...and a great many others... :p<br></blockquote><p>Aw... that's such a charming game... :)
KexMex

Your first video game...

Postby Tekno-Crystal » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:49 am

The original Donkey Kong on the Atari, ya know, the one where he throws the barrels down the platforms and you (Mario) have to jump over then and get to the top to save the princess :D. Good times.
Tekno-Crystal

Your first video game...

Postby Gipper » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:17 am

You know my first and second, but I will now enlighten you with the story of the <b>fourth</b> game I ever played:PSIV. The same uncle that put me on to Metroid landed me in the PS series with PSIV. My first experience with PSIV was weird, to say the least. I had the misfortune to enter the game just before Alys died, having hijacked my uncles saved game. As such, I didn't have the connection with the characters that some people have when they get to that point. I had only discovered combos by accident, having combined a "Zan" with a "Wat" without intending to, and good thing, because I wouldn't have likely beaten Juza without it. But as I played through the game, I learned more about the characters as I played, and really got into the game. But due to my first start point, neither Hahn nor Alys are very high on my list of favorite characters.
Gipper

Your first video game...

Postby KexMex » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:40 am

*Listens interested* Okay, now to your fifth, tenth and sixty-first game! ~_~
KexMex

Your first video game...

Postby Gipper » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:46 am

5th? That was Pokemon Blue (hey, at that point, I was 7, ok!?!)<br>10th? PSII (:))<br>61st? The most recent one, NHL 2005. HIT STICK KICKS @$$!!!<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Gipper on [TIME]1112060822[/TIME]][/size]
Gipper

Your first video game...

Postby KexMex » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:57 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Gipper</i><p>5th? That was Pokemon Blue (hey, at that point, I was 7, ok!?!)<br></blockquote><p>Bwaaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahaha--- Wait a minute!<p>Didn't Pokemon come out around -99?
KexMex

Your first video game...

Postby ThePeaGuy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:05 am

Earlier than that, Kex.<p>The Pokemon series first came out on the original Gameboy back in the early '90s. It was originally called Pocket Monsters at that time before it was abbreivated into Pokemon.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1112062049[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

Your first video game...

Postby KexMex » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:12 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by ThePeaGuy</i><p>Earlier than that, Kex.<p>The Pokemon series first came out on the original Gameboy back in the early '90s. It was originally called Pocket Monsters at that time before it was abbreivated into Pokemon.<br></blockquote><p>Really? Cool!<p>How come it was so slow for i t to get popular?
KexMex

Next

Return to General Discussion