Console pads

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Console pads

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:43 am

Out of the three consoles, which control pad(the official ones, that is)do you feel comfortable with: the PS2, Gamecube or the X-Box? <p>I prefer the Gamecube pads, because I feel that they are a bit more easier to handle than the other pads. <p>I hope that this topic doesn't become into one of those flaming console war topics as that is not my intention.
ThePeaGuy

Console pads

Postby Siren » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:17 am

Yes, I agree with you PeaGuy, I find the Gamecube pads more comfortable.<p>However... I've always thought that the Dreamcast had one of the most comfortable pads in existence.<p>Don't worry, I think everyone here is mature enough not to turn this into a trash-talk thread. That's why we don't need mods. :)
Siren

Console pads

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:36 am

Mmmm... I'm a bit sceptic with the DC control pads, I'm afraid. <p>First of all, I don't like the design of the pad.<p>Second, you have to buy a vibrator for the pad which is a bit of a rip-off in Sega's part, because the pads don't come with a built-in vibrator like the PS-one models.<p>And finally, although I enjoyed Soul Calibur on the DC, the pad didn't feel right for the game as it was too big.
ThePeaGuy

Console pads

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:12 am

I say: Gamecube controllers. They fit right into your hand, and contrary to the DC controllers, work great for Soul Calibur II.
LaconianShot

Console pads

Postby ill-intent » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:42 am

Unfortunately, having large, gnarled hands/fingers has forced me to hate the Gamecube micro-pads with a passion. But, it's tough to judge the others as the PS style pads have been around a long time and the (newer) X-Box ones are just DC ones with a few more buttons. (admit it, they are) <br> Then again, I'm kinda biased. For RPGs/strategies , the controller doesn't really matter that much, and for Fighters (my other game vice) I use arcade sticks (the only way to go).
ill-intent

Console pads

Postby Redeemer » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:47 am

I feel accustomed to the original xbox controllers cause im mainly used to them
Redeemer

Console pads

Postby Monocromatico » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:42 am

The only pad I have experienced is the PS2 one. Too many buttons for my Mega Drive-based mind :^P (I find the standard Super NES controller to be too complicated already :^P)
Monocromatico

Console pads

Postby Benoit » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:16 am

The GameCube pad. It feels weird at first, but once you get used to it. ;)<br> <blockquote>However... I've always thought that the Dreamcast had one of the most comfortable pads in existence.</blockquote> <br>Yeah, me too. The only drawback was the position of the analog pad, because it made you hold the pad a little sideways to be able to use the L-trigger.<br> <blockquote>Second, you have to buy a vibrator for the pad which is a bit of a rip-off in Sega's part, because the pads don't come with a built-in vibrator like the PS-one models.</blockquote> <br>It's not a rip-off. Controllers with built-in vibration are still relatively new. When Dreamcast came out, vibration was also relatively new. It would also make the pad weigh more.<br> <blockquote>Too many buttons for my Mega Drive-based mind :^P (I find the standard Super NES controller to be too complicated already :^P)</blockquote> <br>Same here. The position of those 4 buttons is bad... :(
Benoit

Console pads

Postby Mizehrith » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:43 am

GC controllers for me.
Mizehrith

Console pads

Postby Goldark » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:39 pm

Since I have to choose from the three stated above I go for the GC. PS2 ones are not bad, and I don't like the Xbox ones. Also, I REALLY REALLY HATE SOOOOOO MUCH VIBRATION, it makes ME do a lot of mistakes, especially in driving games, also I couldn't play Soul Calibur II properly on my friend's Xbox because of it. Whenever I can I turn it off, or go for the vibrationless joypad.<br>Of all the console joy I have tried the most confortable (for me) was the one for the DC, ugly but really comfortable, also, I don't think that the joy for the Xbox is similar to the one for the DC.
Goldark

Console pads

Postby Benoit » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:09 pm

While I don't despise vibration, I do turn it off when I'm presented with the option. It's kind of annoying to feel while you play. I don't mind when playing Super Smash Bros. Melee, though, since the pad only vibrates when the battle is over before announcing the winner. I can live with that.
Benoit

Console pads

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:21 pm

I think vibrations are excelent in driving and flight simulators, the best idea ever.<p>But there are too many buttons :^P
Monocromatico

Return to General Discussion