[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead
Phantasy Star Cave Message Board • View topic - You know... I think nintendo needs a new slogan.

You know... I think nintendo needs a new slogan.

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:21 pm

Think about it. Back in the late 80's and thrught the 90's(minus the n64 years) Nintendo had some of the best slogans. And these slogans actually helped with the sales of the snes and nes.<p>Rememberthe good ol days for the snes & nes with nintendo, they would use "PLAY IT LOUD!" That definitely got my attention. They need something like that for the cube. And the slogan "gamecube." isn't good enough.<p>Anyone with me on this.
HuBBsDoctor

Postby Benoit » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:19 pm

I never saw many commercials on TV here, where the Mega Drive ruled all. :D
Benoit

Postby Monocromatico » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:26 pm

Until the N64 days, Nintendo never hit directly our market. There were many third party companies that build NES-compatible consoles and cartridges, and each one had independent advertisement campaigns.<p>In fact, except for Atari and Master System, no one bothered doing much publicity over here. All I know about PS2, X-Box, N-Gage, GBA, Game Cube, and every other console in existence is through the internet, because they don´t make any tv commercials at all.
Monocromatico

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:10 am

We need a PSO commercial! It can go like this<p><Khyron> "Yo Hubbs! wanna face De Le Rol?"<br><HubbsDoctor>"Sure! Let me see if Benoit is on!"<br><Vangarrett> "Alright, Vangarrett is joining!"<br><Benoit> "Benoit here to kick some A.Beast ass!"<p>And then cut scenes to actual game animation for 30 seconds fighting De Le Rol..<p><Khyron> "Whew! Almost got whacked! Thanks for the Resta Hubbsy!"<br><HubbsDoctort>"Anytime! We kicked his tail so hard his mother will feel it!"<br><Vangarrett>"Eh.. my wife is kicking me off, she wants to go out to eat."<br><Benoit> "Aw.. well we are down to 3! What's next?"<p><All 3 in unision> Dark Force!<p>::cut to a picture of Dark Force's Pilla attack killing a team of 3 people... Then his Form 3 Grantzing to death 3 hunters whose levels promintently display "100, 110, 98, 56"::<p>At the end the caption "Can you survive the plunge? Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2!"<p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1082254282[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1082254430[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:34 am

Cool! :D
Benoit

Return to General Discussion