Hobbies

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Hobbies

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:01 am

Yeah, I know, I <i>could</i> just read your profiles section (assuming that you've filled it in) but I find that it's more fun to tell what you're interested in yourself.<br>As for me, I like reading, writing, drawing (one of my favorites) biking, skiing, karate and Phantasy Star.<br>Anybody else interested in Karate? If so, what style/grade are you at?<br>And skiing...which has got to be one of the best things on the planet...is anyone interested in that?<br>So, reply!
LaconianShot

Hobbies

Postby Neo48 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:04 am

Hockey, one sport Canadians live to watch and enjoy, heh heh, my philosophy :D . I love hockey, play it whenever I can, ice, road, field. Uhhh, oh ya, and video games, music too, CJ92 rocks! Recent interest in graphics. (Photoshop, Bryce4, etc.)
Neo48

Hobbies

Postby Prince Noah » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:26 am

Bike riding, model assembling, video games, car fixing (body work, NOT mechanical), taking black & white pictures from the net and giving them color, car detailing....(cleaning)
Prince Noah

Hobbies

Postby zoothe » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:49 am

Writing music is my biggest hobby. I'm like a one man band; performing every aspect of the song. I don't do it for some dream of fame, but for the satisfaction of listening to the finished product. So, music... and playing RPGs (currently I'm playing Tales of Destiny *for the first time*)
zoothe

Hobbies

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:04 am

I like practically anything that I can do without an electric/electronic machine. I mean, anything, can´t think of a single thing I don´t like to do, or did not enjoyed doing at least once, as a hobby.<p>The only interference of those lesser artificial beings I let in my private life is when we get into the videogaming field and photoshopping.
Monocromatico

Hobbies

Postby Prince Noah » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:48 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><p>I like practically anything that I can do without an electric/electronic machine. I mean, anything, can´t think of a single thing I don´t like to do, or did not enjoyed doing at least once, as a hobby.<p>The only interference of those lesser artificial beings I let in my private life is when we get into the videogaming field and photoshopping.<br></blockquote><p>Really? I thought your bio in PSDB said you had a hobby of being angry. :p Haha, just messin with ya.
Prince Noah

Hobbies

Postby Mizehrith » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:07 am

Some of my hobbies include drawing, playing keyboards, listening to music, playing Magic: the Gathering with friends, going for walks through the forest during warm weather, and videogames. I also like to go camping when I can.<p>Me and a good friend of mine have been thinking about starting a band of some sort, hopefully some time in the near future, where the plan would basically be for him to take on the lead guitar, and I'd be on keyboards - then we would need to look for someone willing to play bass, and then someone for the drums, and so on. <p><blockquote>Anybody else interested in Karate? If so, what style/grade are you at?</blockquote><br>Some time ago, I studied Shotokan for about five years, on and off. I made it to 4th dan during that time, and then I eventually ended up having to drop out because of academic issues. I think that if I were to assume a new style, it would probably end up being some form of Ninjutsu/Taijutsu. <p>
And skiing...which has got to be one of the best things on the planet...is anyone interested in that?
<br>Yes. I, too, enjoy skiing - though, I'm not a very big fan of the winter season, so it usually doesn't end up happening for me.
Mizehrith

Hobbies

Postby Benoit » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:29 am

For me, just read my thread in the Introductions forum. ;)
Benoit

Hobbies

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:32 pm

Oh! I forgot to mention that I play Baritone Sax...in a Jazz and Concert band.<br> <blockquote>Some time ago, I studied Shotokan for about five years, on and off. I made it to 4th dan during that time, and then I eventually ended up having to drop out because of academic issues. I think that if I were to assume a new style, it would probably end up being some form of Ninjutsu/Taijutsu.</blockquote> <br>I take Wado Ryu, on my third year. And just passed my 8th Kyu yesterday, in fact. 4th Dan? Holy shit, in Wado Ryu, that's a black belt level...we go Mon,Kyu,Dan...eight levels in the first two, and numerous in the last.
LaconianShot

Hobbies

Postby Mizehrith » Sun May 09, 2004 10:13 am

Ah jeez. I'm sorry, my bad - 4th Kyu. Honest mistake.
Mizehrith

Hobbies

Postby LaconianShot » Sun May 09, 2004 4:17 pm

Oh, that's alright. Hey Benoit, your Introduction thread says "heading in the Computer Science direction"...what exactly does that mean? Because working at RadioShack could be considered "in the Computer Science direction". So are you wanting to be a programmer, or something else?
LaconianShot

Hobbies

Postby Benoit » Sun May 09, 2004 6:44 pm

I would like to be a programmer, yes. A programmer of games, mostly. :)
Benoit

Hobbies

Postby Demon Child » Sun May 09, 2004 7:09 pm

:) Short list of hobbies for me.<br>1. Playing video games: Phantasy Star, Legacy of Kain, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Sonic, Shining Force, .Hack//Infection.<br>2. Playing Magic the Gathering :p Mainly because noone beats my Squirrel deck.<br>3. Watching Tv: Inuyasha, .Hack//Sign, Trigun, Drew Carey, Mythbusters, Tripping the Rift.<br>4. Watching Movies: Matrix, Terminator, and any other science fiction movie.
Demon Child

Hobbies

Postby LaconianShot » Sun May 09, 2004 7:29 pm

A programmer, you say? Hmm...I aspire to be a Senior Artist at a game development company. That means drawing/designing the characters, enemies, NPCs, bosses and (sometimes) structures. And concept art. Most of these things are done with both pencil and computer. That would be a great job, I think.<br>Benoit, you better get learning C++! :)
LaconianShot

Hobbies

Postby Benoit » Sun May 09, 2004 8:46 pm

Yeah, I should. I've gotten a programming environment program for ages, but since I can't do a thing in C, I haven't used it yet. It's hard as hell...
Benoit

Next

Return to General Discussion