Getta loada THIS

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Getta loada THIS

Postby Prince Noah » Tue May 11, 2004 5:03 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Prince Noah</i><p>By the way, if you have no interest in cars, do NOT spam this thread.<br></blockquote><p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>And I won't ever get a car. :)<br>Don't want one of those polluting boxes.<br></blockquote><p>DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD!!! :@<p>Besides, This thread was about that Toyota jacked up. Not pollution. >_<<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Prince Noah on [TIME]1089060951[/TIME]][/size]
Prince Noah

Getta loada THIS

Postby Neo48 » Tue May 11, 2004 5:33 pm

Ford = Fast on Racing Day, lol. I have nothing against fords, or any vehicle really. If it gets from A to B....
Neo48

Getta loada THIS

Postby Benoit » Tue May 11, 2004 5:50 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Prince Noah</i><p>This thread was about that Toyota jacked up. Not pollution. >_<<br></blockquote><br>And then it went to cars in general. To which I replied that I won't ever get one, and stated my reason.
Benoit

Getta loada THIS

Postby Prince Noah » Tue May 11, 2004 9:12 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Neo48</i><p>Ford = Fast on Racing Day, lol. I have nothing against fords, or any vehicle really. If it gets from A to B....<br></blockquote><p>Not first Fast On Race Day at all. Ford really sucks. Ford will not support my weight. Only Chevy and Toyota will.
Prince Noah

Getta loada THIS

Postby LaconianShot » Tue May 11, 2004 10:12 pm

Benoit, <i>you</i> may not feel the need to get a car, but I know that I will. You see, public transport is probably very common where you live. However, public transportation would cost more then it's worth where I live, and is very rare in Canada at any rate. <br>And getting a car doesn't automatically equal pollution...there are hybrid cars that run on a mix of hydrogen and methanol...enviromentally safe. Of course, they cost quite a bit, but if you were really concerned about the enviroment and you needed a car, you would probably buy that.<br>But, do what you wish. I know a lady that walks <i>everywhere</i> because she has never felt the need to drive.
LaconianShot

Getta loada THIS

Postby Prince Noah » Tue May 11, 2004 11:13 pm

He's right, Benoit. Public transport DOES cost more than it's worth. Besides money, they only come at certain times, they're slow, they make many stops. (NOT counting the red lights) PLUS, they put out 50 times more pollution than anything ELSE in the world.<p>And don't you dare correct me on this. :p
Prince Noah

Getta loada THIS

Postby Neo48 » Wed May 12, 2004 3:31 am

I seriously don't understand why so many people are against fords. They don't support your weight Noah? That doesn't make sense, lol. Sarcasim I guess that was.
Neo48

Getta loada THIS

Postby Goldark » Wed May 12, 2004 9:28 am

What's so bad about Ford's cars? Really, I've always seen the as reliable cars, and they do not broke so many times as others. Actually here in Italy the most economic cars are FIAT, also they are unreliable, tend to fall apart after 10 years (ans I'm assuming you have treated it well), well, not all, but most of them are crappy cars. <p>About public transportation, I belive that in a country as big as US or Canada it can be dififcult to menage them efficently, especially since cities are spread in a vast territory, in big cities thing are better I think. BTW here in Italy things are slightly better, and more specifically, where I live (Milano) public transportation is actually a faster way to travel and is cheaper (on long distances), also you don't have to find the a parking space, and THAT can take up to 10 minuts! BUT travelling between cities, or at late hours, well, driving a car is the way to do it.<p>About pollution and cars, GPL (dunno how it's called abroad, BTW is Gas Propane Liquid) is cheap, it produces only carbon bioxide and water from its combustion. It only costs a lot to install it, but the fuel only costs 1/3 of the normal fuel.<p>Last but not least, ON TOPIC, the guy who modified that car must be really f***ed up! One of the most hilarious car ever!
Goldark

Getta loada THIS

Postby Benoit » Wed May 12, 2004 3:54 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Prince Noah</i><p>He's right, Benoit. Public transport DOES cost more than it's worth. Besides money, they only come at certain times, they're slow, they make many stops. (NOT counting the red lights) PLUS, they put out 50 times more pollution than anything ELSE in the world.<p>And don't you dare correct me on this. :p <br></blockquote><br>I think I will. :D<p>Public transport costs much where YOU live. Not where I live. The price here is worth it. And you can always take a subscription which makes it even cheaper. As for me, because of my autism, I have some advantages, like having received special public transport card for free, that is valable for some years until I probably get a new one.<br>They only come at certain times indeed, but that's why you leave at times when you can get a bus. ;)<br>And they are not that slow as you think. It's reasonable.<br>And yes, they do pollute, BUT since buses ride anyway, whether you are taking it or not, it doesn't matter.<br>If everyone would take the bus, there would be less polution because of this.
Benoit

Getta loada THIS

Postby Prince Noah » Wed May 12, 2004 5:22 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>If everyone would take the bus, there would be less polution because of this.<br></blockquote><p>Well, I suggest you adapt to it, cuz it's not gonna happen!<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Neo48</i><p>I seriously don't understand why so many people are against fords. They don't support your weight Noah? That doesn't make sense, lol. Sarcasim I guess that was.<br></blockquote><p>What I meant was, Ford will fall apart on me. I've driven them, they suck. They get the worst gas milage ever, they're noisy, they're NOT smooth riders at all, and I have to keep fixing them very often.<p>That is why I switched to Toyota. I have yet to have to fix it. Great gas milage, rides smoothly, and it's quiet. That is why I disgust Ford. That's what I meant when I said Ford will not support my weight.<p>Ford= The worst on the market<p>[size=small][Edit by Prince Noah on [TIME]1089901982[/TIME]][/size]
Prince Noah

Getta loada THIS

Postby Siren » Wed May 12, 2004 10:26 pm

<blockquote>FOrd</blockquote> <p>FOrd? Would that be...<p>Force, Truck? A new PSO class! Cool!
Siren

Getta loada THIS

Postby LaconianShot » Wed May 12, 2004 11:19 pm

I can see why there would advantages to public transportation in a place like Belgium, and pretty much all of Europe. See, Belgium is about one fifth the size of the province that I live in, though it's probably more populated. Those reasons alone are enough to make public transportation affordable, convenient and environmenatlly friendly...well, mostly.
LaconianShot

Getta loada THIS

Postby Prince Noah » Wed May 12, 2004 11:19 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Siren</i><p> <p>FOrd? Would that be...<p>Force, Truck? A new PSO class! Cool! <br></blockquote><p>It was a typo, Siren. <br> :p <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Prince Noah on [TIME]1084404011[/TIME]][/size]
Prince Noah

Getta loada THIS

Postby Mizehrith » Wed May 12, 2004 11:42 pm

Hahaha! :D
Mizehrith

Getta loada THIS

Postby Prince Noah » Thu May 13, 2004 3:25 am

Anyway, Mizehrith, what's your oppinion on that 'lil truck with MONSTER tires? I think it sucks. I like my Toyota, but not THAT much. :p
Prince Noah

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion