SEGA, What happened?

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Kienashe » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:26 am

!@#$ I'm playing my Genesis, and then I get slaped in the face with: they're gone. That's to make a long story short. I was told they're bankrupt... I don't think so though. speaking of SEGA, what console is the PhSO series for and do you know where to get it?
Kienashe

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Ryucross » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:27 am

They’re owned by Sammy I hear.. so its all good. Plus, Sammy’s not interfering at all, letting SEGA do their thing. :)
Ryucross

SEGA, What happened?

Postby The Exile » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:51 am

i didnt know the merger realy hppened. i thought sammy called it off because sega would bring down their proifts or something.<p>i dn't think it matter what sega do now because it will not affect the games already made, which are good, or the games made by others that would have gone on a sega console (I'm hoping for a Dark Savior 2...)
The Exile

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Kienashe » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:58 am

Okay, another question: Who's Sammy?<p>My unanswered question: What console is the PhSO series for and do you know where to get it?
Kienashe

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Monocromatico » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:53 pm

Sammy is a japanese company that makes Pachinko machines, a very popular game genre in Japan.<p>And PSO is originally for Dreamcast, but these days there are versions for all kinds of consoles and PC<p>(can´t be sure... because Game Cube, Playstation and XBox are the same thing in my head)
Monocromatico

SEGA, What happened?

Postby cbjones » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:07 pm

sammy is also known for the guilty gear series.<p>think in one of the few sega fans who didnt panic. all this means is that sega sammy has become the biggest developer over in japan, and their stock has skyrocked sence the merger. im hoping that series like last bronx, or better yet fighting vipers get revived...<p>another figters megamix would be nice, everybosy loves cross over fighters judging by the sales of capcoms vs snk/vs marvel games.<p>
cbjones

SEGA, What happened?

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:08 pm

Nope, Sammy didn't buy Sega out, they merged with Sega. Sega is aloud to keep all their <br>in-house developers ( AM2, Sonic Team, etc.), which will work in conjunction with the Sammy studios.<br>By the way, Sammy does make, mainly, pachinko machines, but they have also made some video games, most noteably, the Guilty Gear series.
LaconianShot

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Siren » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:38 pm

Kienashe: Phantasy Star Online is for the XBox and the GameCube, as well as the Dreamcast, which Mono already mentioned.
Siren

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Cherok » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:46 pm

As the other users said, Sega merged with Sammy( or Sammy bought and now owns the majority of Sega's shares, thusa giving them decision making power) <p>As for the quality of the games, If that is what you meant, I find that the whole industry has been gradually declining in game quality for the last little while. Graphics seem to be the only aspect to gaming that are improving.. Storytelling, plot and character innovation/originality and overall gameplay have not advanced at all
Cherok

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Kienashe » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:32 pm

Okay, thanks. I get the picture now. Any more info though?
Kienashe

SEGA, What happened?

Postby The Exile » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:38 am

is it even possible to improve on the plot of Soleil or PS4? perfection has already been reached. new games are just poor imitations, like people trying to become gods. <p>i kinda liked the plot of ffta though. it would have been better if the game world stayed and reality was nuked and then everybody would be happy. maybe that'd be an idea for ps5, but replace 'ff' with 'ps'.
The Exile

SEGA, What happened?

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:51 pm

This is the future of sega below come October 04.<br>Image
HuBBsDoctor

SEGA, What happened?

Postby Ryucross » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:53 pm

Does that mean we may lose the SEGA sound? :(...
Ryucross

SEGA, What happened?

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:24 pm

Ah, sometimes that Sega sound annoys the hell out of me, but I wouldn't feel the same without it.<br>Anyway, I can speculate that we'll see pictures of Sonic on pachinko machines real soon.
LaconianShot

SEGA, What happened?

Postby cbjones » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:35 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by HuBBsDoctor</i><p>This is the future of sega below come October 04.<br>Image<br></blockquote><br>thats only the corp. logo, we wont be seeing that on game packaging.and there was already a sonic pachinko mechine ironicly enough. <p>[size=small][Edit by cbjones on [TIME]1090791423[/TIME]][/size]
cbjones

Return to General Discussion