W00T! I passed the year!

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Benoit » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:47 pm

We have three grades here in Belgium.<br>A means you passed.<br>B means you passed, but you have to do another direction.<br>C means you failed.<p>I got an A! I passed my year. :D Studying Computer Science. I may go<br>to the sixth and last year. I have three assignments though, because<br>of weak grades in some categories.<br>-German<br>-Electricity<br>-Math<p>Oh well, it's okay. I passed the year. ^_^
Benoit

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Siren » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:48 pm

Congratulations. I just passed too. :)
Siren

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby ThePeaGuy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:02 pm

Congratulations, Benoit. You earned it. #)
ThePeaGuy

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby The Exile » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:34 pm

congrats! but if you have only 3 grades in the system how do you compare your grades to other students' grades? i imagine it to be like 'i got an A! yay!' 'well of course you did, you're still here dummy!' 'half the class got it anyway. so what?' <br>how do they express it when one person does glitch-causingly well and passes with ease, but another person just scrapes through?<br><p>[size=small][Edit by The Exile on [TIME]1088620547[/TIME]][/size]
The Exile

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Benoit » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:45 pm

You look at their report. %) <br>There was also an odd system associated with the letters that they normally don't use, but my main teachers of this year argued that it always existed.<p>There's A1, A2, A3, B3, C4, C5.<br>I got A3.<p>My class consists of 17 people.<br>8 got an A, of which 2 got A2 and the rest A3.<br>1 got a B<br>The rest, 8 people, got a C4.
Benoit

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:24 pm

Good job, Benoit. :) <br>In my school, they use percentages to grade you. Under 50% is a fail. To be on Honor Role, you must have higher then 80%. We have three terms, and they average all your marks of that term to get your average for that term. Then, at the end of the year, they average all of your terms to make your final mark. Not to mention finals.<br><blockquote>B means you passed, but you have to do another direction.</blockquote> <br>What exactly do you mean by "another direction"?
LaconianShot

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Benoit » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:37 pm

Not that much different over here, LaconianShot. It's just overshadowed at the end of the year by those letters.<p>By different direction, I mean studying something else. Like secratary/languages, commerce, and other things. That's what I mean with direction. Another 'package' of things to learn.
Benoit

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Alucard » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:44 pm

My high school had under 60% as failing. Above 95% was an a...I aced all my classes with a 99 as the highest 96 being the lowest i had 6 classes, rest were study hall. I didn't graduate number one though, i guess i'll hafta try in college now that im started and all.
Alucard

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Demon Child » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:53 pm

I envy you LaconianShot, anything below 70% is failing with the homeschooling program Im on. It is pretty easy to fail some of the classes. Sometimes I wish I were back at the school with my almost daily beatings. The lack of contact with humanity and stress over the insanely high standards of homeschooling has begun to drive me insane.~_~ <p>Anyway congrats Benoit.
Demon Child

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Monocromatico » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:26 pm

Congratulations to you crazy people from the north hemisphere where the year ends in the middle of the year and the water whirls to the wrong side.
Monocromatico

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Neo48 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:58 pm

Congratulations.
Neo48

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Butoden » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:23 pm

Good job Benoit! I also passed this year! I guess this means two thumbs up! One for you and one for me! :tup: :tup: :roll:
Butoden

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Mizehrith » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:09 am

Congratulations!
Mizehrith

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby Etra McGarl » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:30 pm

GRATS Benoit nice to hear that. :D<p>My school as well has a failing grade of 70% and my Honors is a 90% average, SO it kinda sucks that some of you people have failing grades of 50% and 60%.....I'm jelous %)
Etra McGarl

W00T! I passed the year!

Postby The Exile » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:59 pm

i think if the pass grade is lower, the exams are probably higher. thats how it works here. an easier qualification to get is probably worth less as well. <br>
The Exile

Return to General Discussion