Hi, I'm Benoit

New here? Introduce yourself to the community!

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:44 pm

As it seems to be the case with most, I'm not exactly new here either.<br>I've been visiting the PSDB for something like 2 years, and after some time started posting on the PSCave MB, back when it was the only thing up for quite some time, due to PSCave moving servers.<br>I'm not on the PSDB anymore, though. I left there for somewhat-personal reasons a year ago, but I still lurk to see what other people have to say.<p>I'm 18 years old, a student, currently in the Computer Science direction. My hobbies are playing video games, messing around with my PC (not as much as I used to, though), programming (QBasic and Visual Basic), surfing the web, swimming, and badminton.<br>I also like to read manga and post many messages at message boards. :D <p>My favorite video games are:<br>Phantasy Star series, Lufia series, Sonic series, Mega Man series, Skies of Arcadia, Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, and possibly some others, but these are the major ones.<p>My favorite manga are:<br>Fruits Basket, Mars.<p>What you need to know about me:<br>I am autistic, under the form of Asperger's Syndrome.<p>That's about all. Want to know something, just ask.<p>EDIT: Forgot some stuff.<p>I have two little websites that are Phantasy Star related.<p>The Phantasy Star Webring - http://www.geocities.com/pswebring<br>is a webring, as the name says. But not just any webring. This webring is administered by me, so that it is as accurate as possible. What this means is that I add the links manually, correct links manually, etc. So no script stuff that your usual webring has. There are also status notes which tell you if the site is still being updated or not, and a page of archived sites.<br>I started this when I saw how obselete the existing Phantasy Star webring are, to do something about it.<p>The Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Script - http://psoscript.netfirms.com<br>is a site that collects the script of Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II. Both script from offline and online quests are featured. This is for story research and quoting purposes.<p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1076439462[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:22 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>My favorite video games are:<br>Phantasy Star series, Lufia series, Sonic series, Mega Man series, Skies of Arcadia, Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, and possibly some others, but these are the major ones.<p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1076439462[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><p>No Lunar SSS or Lunar 2 EB? Tsk, tsk.
HuBBsDoctor

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:38 pm

You're definitely in a Lunar mood lately. ;) <p>I have never played the games. Never had a Mega CD either, and don't have a GBA (SP). The rest is self explanatory.
Benoit

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Missagh » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:07 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><br>I started this when I saw how obselete the existing Phantasy Star webring are, to do something about it.<br></blockquote><p>Are you refearing to the PS webring created by "nomoreself"? It's somewhere at geocities? Or the earlier PS webring (the original) by Neilast (webmistress of Beyond Algo)? As for the original webring, it was great and very useful - though that was many many ages ago.<p>Best regards,
Missagh

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Benoit » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:23 pm

Yeah, both of those, plus the "Phantasy Star Development Ring" and possibly some others, I'm not sure.<p>Oh yeah, that's right, PS Cave hosts a webring too! Forgot about that... However, I find it to not be that up-to-date... (@) <p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1076540814[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Missagh » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:54 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><br>Oh yeah, that's right, PS Cave hosts a webring too! Forgot about that... However, I find it to not that up-to-date... (@) <br></blockquote><p>Why you little... :@ <br>No, hehe, true words... I was going to remove all the broken/bad links in the webring today actually, but the back-up thing has taken all day, I'm just finished with it. I hope I'll fix the PS Ring tomorrow, along with a PS Cave update.<p>Best regards,
Missagh

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:06 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>You're definitely in a Lunar mood lately. ;) <p>I have never played the games. Never had a Mega CD either, and don't have a GBA (SP). The rest is self explanatory.<br></blockquote><p>I've always been in a Lunar mood. And I'm even more Lunar-esque every since I bought the saturn japanese versions of the games in mint condition.
HuBBsDoctor

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Dr_Odin » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:00 pm

Benoit, I like your site man! wasn't it hard to write down the entire script for PSO.<br>I would never make time for that.<p>''Dr. Odin
Dr_Odin

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Benoit » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:28 pm

Yeah, it sure took a while. Two months for the offline script. Online quests are done one at a time, spread out in my shedule.
Benoit

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Rika/Phoenix » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:58 pm

Has anyone heard from Neilast since she "disappeared?"
Rika/Phoenix

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Benoit » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:12 pm

What the hell does that have to do with my topic?
Benoit

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Monocromatico » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:13 pm

I don´t know about Neilast, but I hope she is dead.
Monocromatico

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Rika/Phoenix » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:07 pm

Well since folk were discussing it I thought I ask.
Rika/Phoenix

Hi, I'm Benoit

Postby Benoit » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:47 pm

As far as I know, it was about webring, not about Neilast or her site...<br>OK, she has a webring, but... meh.
Benoit

Return to Introductions