Hello everyone

New here? Introduce yourself to the community!

Hello everyone

Postby Adrastia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:15 am

I'm new. o.o

I've been playing Phantasy Star games since the early 90s. My first was Phantasy Star 2, then 3 and 4. I didn't play the first game until the GBA collection came out.

Phantasy Star 4 is my favorite game of all time. I've played through all but the first game several times actually.

I've also played PSO and PSU offline mode.

I think my favorite thing is the blend of sci fi with fantasy and the way its so seamlessly mixed together.
Adrastia
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Welcome to the board, Adrastia. I found this place looking for a walkthrough for PS3. I myself started playing Phantasy Star IV when I was about 7. For me it was 4, then 2, then 3, and then 1. Piecing the stories together was diffucult from playing in that order, but simple once you realized all the stories. I agree with you on how the series fused two totally unlike things into such a phenomonal series. It's a shame so few people these days realize just how great Phantasy Star is.
I wonder what people will see in the final days?
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Welcome to the board, Adrastia! Nice custom avatar you have there. :)

I played the series backwards, kind of -> PSIV, PSII, PSI, PSIII. I don't have a real favourite, but if I was pressed to choose one, it would be PSII.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Zucca » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Adrastia wrote:I think my favorite thing is the blend of sci fi with fantasy and the way its so seamlessly mixed together.
I 110% agree.
I think it is just the thing that keeps me playing these games all over again. :)

I played these games in this order: 2, 3, 4, 1.

Welcome!
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Sange Mahlay » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:34 am

Welcome Adrastia!

I too, started playing them in the 90's. The first game for me was PSIV , and then I sort of worked backwards from there.

Sit back and enjoy yourself.
"I'm broad-minded enough to concede that they might possibly not be complete idiots, but I much prefer the company of people who agree with me."
Sange Mahlay
Locusta
Locusta

Postby thriwren » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:17 am

Welcome aboard. I started with IV then II then III then I. I had an odd way of thinking of I (Thinking that dark force terrorized Landen then Algol then back again every 1000 years or so). I started about 1995 or 1996 when ever Sega Channel came out in the States.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Mono » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:35 am

I have been on this boat for 17 years...
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Introductions