Thanks for everything.

New here? Introduce yourself to the community!

Thanks for everything.

Postby Nate556 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Hello everyone. I must have missed this part when I first started.
Please allow myself to introduce to you... myself. :P

I'm a man, 25, from the USA. I've been playing video games since I was an infant. I started on the Commodore 64 and my favorite games on that were Ghostbuster, Below the Root, and Gemstone Warrior.

I first discovered Phantasy Star when I rented Phantasy Star 2 for a weekend. I was only about 9 or 10 at the time, and it was a VERY difficult game for me. However, I did manage to get Tiem rescued, but then it was time to take it back, and we couldn't afford to rent another one.

I am very glad I was able to remember it, and now thanks to emulation I've been able to go back and play the original Phantasy Star 1, and then Phantasy Star 2. I've beaten them both, and I loved every moment of it! even the grind!

I am currently playing Phantasy Star 3, and alos loving every minute of it as well. I plan on playing Phantasy Star 4 after beating 3. I am also in the process of getting an Xbox 360, on which I will play Phantasy Star Universe, and if it's possible, I'm going to find Phantasy Star Online to play.
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:02 pm

Welcome, welcome!
I started with C64 too, but never actually own one. My faw games for C64 were Boulder Dash, Wizard of Wor (the oroginal WoW) and Mr. Robot.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Go away.

Just kidding. Welcome to the board! I started on the Sega Master System when I was 6 years old.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Lol, I started on the Genesis at six, Ben. XD That's kinda strange lol. IT's been almost 12 years since I began, eh? Wow, time flies. Welcome to the board, Nate. You've already opened my eyes to what Duke Nukem REALLY is! A clone!
I wonder what people will see in the final days?
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Danny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Heroic_Chaz wrote:Lol, I started on the Genesis at six,

That's about the same age I started playing Sega Genesis games too. PSII was my first game I played on it. Not the best pick for the first game seeing how hard the dungeons seemed for me back then.

Anyways...

Welcome to pscave Nate556! It's great to see that there's still people who are interested in the Phantasy Star series. You'll be in for a nice surprise when you play PSIV for the first time! :)

Also, be on the look out for run away sand worms. There's a prize for 5000 meseta if you happen to catch one.
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Should be easy to get them. They only seem to fornicate with the ground, not move XD
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Nate556 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:52 am

Well thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm glad I remembered the PS2 from my childhood and decided to come back and re-play them all. The games remind me of the Dune books, in terms of their size and scope. I like to compare Alis to Paul, Mother Brain to Leto II(the one that turned into the worm).

It really seems like I missed out on a great phenomena by not getting a Dreamcast and playing PSO. I'm hoping getting Phantasy Star Universe will make up for some of that, but so far i've not had a chance to hit the game shop to get the 360 and the games. So far I've not been able to find Blue Burst, I'd like to play PSO, even if it's not the same as it was 8 years ago.
I don't know why I am so obsessed with Phantasy Star now, after so long. It's kind of like playing the games satisfies something inside me, I don't know what. Usually when I play games so much, it's because my mind is working on a problem. Like for example, when i was playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time, it was around when i first started considering getting my GED, and I literally taught myself Algebra while playing that game just by thinking about it.
A little on that, and some history about myself.

I was always a good kid until I was about 12, we moved and I had to change schools. After that, all the kids in the new school would pick on me, and even the teachers would publically ridicule(which only made the kids even more brazen and ruthless), so I turned violent and started getting into fights all the time. I was really quite like a wild animal, it didn't take much for me to jump on someone with fists flying.
After 2 years of being bullied by both teachers and students, I dropped out of school at 14. I was still pretty wild though, and at about 15, I started getting interested in religion. So i found a bible in the old house we were living in and I read the whole thing. My parents noticed my interest, and then my mom started taking me to the church she went to as a child.
It was there my life changed. I met a martial arts instructor, and then I went to his dojo where I really calmed down, and aside from 1 case of pure self defense, i've not been in a fight to this day(10 years later). I've since decided to leave the religious aspect behind, seeking to discover the spiritual in my own way, on my own path. I don't consider myself a religious person by anymeans at all, and I personally do not talk about some of my religious views, let alone argue about them.
In my opinion, sacred things should not be used to score points in an argument. But also, IRL, I am a very quiet and reserved person. I don't tout my religious or political views to anyone but those I trust and deeply respect and i know will respect what I have to say, even if they might disagree with it.
I don't really have any friends. I had a good friend once who was also my cousin, and we worked together reposessing cars. Once on a dangerous repo, he left me behind. I had a hard time startng the car, and the person came out holding a big stick. Well, He though it was a gun, so he floored the truck he was in and got out of there ASAP, leaving me to deal with the person.
The guy didn't attack me, but almost did since he thought we were stealing his car, but I explained who I was and diffused the whole situation. After that, I've turned inward again and I just can't put myself into a true friendship.

I'm going to cut it short there, or else i'll have a book typed up and you all will go to sleep with sheer boredom. Catch ya'll later.
Nat.
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Do a Google search for PSO Private Server. You can download PSO Blue Burst there. This version of PSO has always been free, but you had to pay to play (online).

By the way, long posts are encouraged! Don't feel bad to put your thoughts down in detail. I like to think that we have attention spans here.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Nate556 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:20 pm

I am playing now on scht serv. It's a lot of fun, thanks for telling me what to do!

It took a lot of guessing to figure out how to play, but I'm playing now, and this is a lot of fun!!
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby thriwren » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Nate556 wrote:I am playing now on scht serv. It's a lot of fun, thanks for telling me what to do!

It took a lot of guessing to figure out how to play, but I'm playing now, and this is a lot of fun!!
I have a few characters on that server. All my characters are sub 20.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Nate556 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:17 pm

I named my first character Valtam, after Odin's father. He's a human blade-something. He also uses guns. I really like the guns in this game! It reminds me a lot of Star Wars though, with the "saber", but Phantasy Star does have a lot of elements of Star Wars in it. (remember the guards from PS1?)
I can't play this game all the time, as I only have 1 PS2 controller, and my dad's been on a gaming binge lately. I'm a nice guy when it comes to sharing my toys, LOL.

Some other games I play are: World of Warcraft, but i don't play it very much. I wonder if it's worth paying for, since I don't hardly play it.
Flyff, or Fly For Fun. This game is a lot of fun. I made a girl character in it to play because i think the boy character models are goofy looking. I like the cartoony graphics and how the game doesn't take itsself too seriously. It really is about flying around for fun.

Some offline games I play are: I still play Final Fantasy 12. It's a lot of fun, and Fran is good for the eyes. I also like to play the .Hack//Games I've beaten .Hack//Infection, and got about halfway through .Hack//Mutation when I started playing WoW. Someday, I will go through and play all the way through them, but for now....
I also enjoy playing Age of Empires 1 and 2, and Civilization 3. I also LOVE the old game "Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons". I've read entire books while sailing from place to place in that game, it's in a special place in my heart.
Nat.
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby The HuBBs » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:38 pm

welcome. got soda?
-----I am HuBBs-----

coming soon.....
The HuBBs
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:30 pm

NAte, you're officially awesome. You have the same view as I do on Final Fantasy 12... or Fran in general XD

IF you liked the .hack games, I HIGHLY recommend GU. I liked the other .hack games, but I think GU is the best in the series. The main character is actually BT from the previous games, but a new person in general :3
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Nate556 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:55 am

Heroic_Chaz wrote:NAte, you're officially awesome. You have the same view as I do on Final Fantasy 12... or Fran in general XD

IF you liked the .hack games, I HIGHLY recommend GU. I liked the other .hack games, but I think GU is the best in the series. The main character is actually BT from the previous games, but a new person in general :3

Should I beat the original 4 before playing the GU ones ?
Nate556
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Yes, and make sure you have the save data from the end of the fourth, if you do you'll get some good bonuses when beginning volume 1 of GU. Oh, and in Final Fantasy 12, how many hunts have you done so far?
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Next

Return to Introductions