Music

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Music

Postby Siren » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:59 am

Music is a heavily influencial power in our world, and I'm very interested as to what music people listen to. Let's hear your thoughts, in this format preferably.<p>Band/artist:<br>favorite song:<br>favorite album:<br>any other comments:<p>Me? I like Red Hot Chili Peppers (Around the World), the Foo Fighters (Everlong), the Matthew Good Band (Apparitions)and yes, Phantasy Star music. (the Power theme)
Siren

Music

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:39 am

Mine are nearly the same.<p>Favorite Band: Red Hot Chilli Peppers <br>Favorite Song: Fortune Faded<br>Favorite Album: Blood Sugar Sex Magic<br>comments: I also like a multitude of other bands, but I really don't much like the new music these days. Some of my favorite bands are Foo Fighters, Jane's Addiction and many others.<br>
LaconianShot

Music

Postby Mizehrith » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:39 am

Favourite Band: Symphony X<br>Favourite Song: Incantations Of The Apprentice<br>Favourite Album: The Oddysey<br>Comments: Having to choose my favourite out of all the songs that Symphony X has produced over the years is never an easy task; I like nearly every single one of their songs as much as the next. However, the chorus of "Incantations Of The Apprentice" is what I've got sigged at the moment, so I'm just gonna go with that. Some of my other favourite bands and artists include Astral Projection, Skyfire, Children of Bodom and Evanescence, just to name a few.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Mizehrith on [TIME]1078389336[/TIME]][/size]
Mizehrith

Music

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:34 am

Our Lady Peace<br>Naveed<br>Our Lady Peace Live<br>comments: You should've just asked what some of our favorite bands were. I really wanted to names most of them. Oh well. :p
HuBBsDoctor

Music

Postby Goldark » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:40 pm

Favourite Musician: Joe Satriani<br>Favourite song: Tears In The Rain<br>Favourite Album: The Extremist<br>Comments:What can I say, I consider him to be the greatest guitarist living (Hendrix is the best of all time), after all his songs are instrumental, and being around for almost twenty years means somthing :). I like almost any song he made, and that's really rare. Ulnlike many, he menages to infuse emotions thru his songs; there are many other things I'd like to say, but that's the sum of the more importants, IMO.
Goldark

Music

Postby Zylo » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:25 pm

Band/artist: Whitesnake<br>favorite song: Here I go agian, Slow and Easy,Slide it in <br>favorite album:Slide it in <br>any other comments: No comment<p>Band/artist: IPPO<br>favorite song: Ps3 intro<br>favorite album:??<br>any other comments: Long live IPPO<br>
Zylo

Music

Postby Redeemer » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:50 pm

Band-Rammstein<br>Fav song-Du Hast<br>Fav Album-Sensucht<br>Comment- All their lyrics are in German
Redeemer

Music

Postby Benoit » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:16 am

Just video game music.<br>Mostly from RPGs.
Benoit

Music

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:36 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Redeemer</i><p>Band-Rammstein<br>Fav song-Du Hast<br>Fav Album-Sensucht<br>Comment- All their lyrics are in German<br></blockquote><p>You do know the memebers of Rammstein are facist nazis right?
HuBBsDoctor

Music

Postby Siren » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:37 am

You're free to list some of your other favorite bands in comments, Hubbs. ;) <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Siren on [TIME]1078198657[/TIME]][/size]
Siren

Music

Postby Amwhere » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:52 am

I second beniot. I've got 3700 music files of varying formats (MIDI, MP3, SPC, PSF) and every one of them is from a game. In fact, I own a grand total of 0 music CDs.
Amwhere

Music

Postby Goldark » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:43 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>Just video game music.<br>Mostly from RPGs.<br></blockquote><p>After having aquired over 20 gigs of MP3, and deleted most of them, after having bought some original CDs, I have to say that only a little portion VGM music is worth hearing and buying, still it have some little piece of art, that are, BTW, WAY better of the majority of mainstream music.<p>If you are interested I have a link to a community which had a very active forum about VGM, and a, FTP section. Since I don't know if I can post about such a thing, then I don't. If you are interested, then PM me.<p>BTW, PS albums are really something worth hearing. Too bad I couldn't find a copy.<br>
Goldark

Music

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:51 am

I don't really listen to mainstream...RHCP hasn't been mainstream for years...neither have Foo Fighters...I mainly just listen to music that isn't any longer popular. <blockquote>BTW, PS albums are really something worth hearing. Too bad I couldn't find a copy. </blockquote> <br>If I ever found a copy of any PS album, I 'd buy it on the spot. Unfortunately, I've never seen one, nor do I know any shop that sells video game music.
LaconianShot

Music

Postby Goldark » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:29 am

It seems that I can post these links...<p> http://www.gamingforce.com/forums<p>Bofore actually start serching for the FTP section (My Stuff) you have to register, you can''t see it otherwise. I dropped there for a year, until I got bored and left. I recommend reading FTP rules, of every FTP you are going to try, sometime it's incredibly easy to get banned.<p> http://www.slightlydark.com<p>The abandonware of music, every week there's a new album of music that is no longer sold, nor supported. Look thru the archive section, for some time you'll be able to get a copy of PSIV soundtrack ;) <br><p>[size=small][Edit by Goldark on [TIME]1078306290[/TIME]][/size]
Goldark

Music

Postby SheWren » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:06 am

I like everything but Jazz and mainstream crossover.
SheWren

Next

Return to General Discussion