Skies of Arcadia

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Skies of Arcadia

Postby zoothe » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:43 pm

Okay, so since there's people talking about Shining Force and Breath of Fire, I thought I'd bring up one of my favorite RPGs: Skies of Arcadia. I heard that it was developed by some of the same people responsible for Phantasy Star, but I can't remember where I heard that. Anyone else think this game is awesome or what?
zoothe

Skies of Arcadia

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:59 pm

Yeah, Skies of Arcadia rocks! It was made by Rieko Kodama and co., Overworks!<br>This game is true art.
Benoit

Skies of Arcadia

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:10 pm

I was going to buy the game, but the style of graphics doesn't suit me very well. Any Metroid players out there?
LaconianShot

Skies of Arcadia

Postby zoothe » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:17 pm

Yeah, I actually bought my Game Cube *just* so I could play Legends, heheh.<p>I have been playing Metroid Prime on GC. I'm a little over 80% if I remember right, but got to this boss that kicked my ass so I started playing the PS2 Castlevania and haven't made it back to redeem myself aginst that boss (can't remember who he was).
zoothe

Skies of Arcadia

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:29 pm

The GameCube port doesn't live up to its Dreamcast original. :(<br>I'll only play it for the extra plot and mechanics, but for the rest I'm going to keep playing the Dreamcast version.
Benoit

Skies of Arcadia

Postby zoothe » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:45 pm

Did you notice how crappy the sound in the GC version was compared to the DC? That really pissed me off. <p>Ultimately, I too liked the DC version more. But unfortunately, I was never able to get the full experience because I never got the downloads that you needed to play the extras.
zoothe

Skies of Arcadia

Postby Mizehrith » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:02 pm

I love Skies of Arcadia! It's a shame I can't find any copies of Legends in any of my local retail stores.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Mizehrith on [TIME]1081263949[/TIME]][/size]
Mizehrith

Skies of Arcadia

Postby Benoit » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:25 pm

<blockquote>Did you notice how crappy the sound in the GC version was compared to the DC? That really pissed me off.</blockquote> <br>I only heard about it. It's because of the sound data being compressed.<br> <blockquote>But unfortunately, I was never able to get the full experience because I never got the downloads that you needed to play the extras.</blockquote> <br>You can still get them at http://www.planetdreamcast.com/soaworld. All you need is your browser (either Dreamkey or Planetweb depending on if you live in EU or US), and you have to download it to your VM. For each time you play, you have to re-download it, though.
Benoit

Skies of Arcadia

Postby zoothe » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:15 pm

Is that using a dial-up connection? Because I don't have a dial-up ISP.
zoothe

Skies of Arcadia

Postby Benoit » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:14 pm

Yes, dial-up. Unless you got lucky and have a BBA.<br>There are plenty of dial-up ISPs you can use for free, at least here.<br>Try http://www.access-4-free.com.
Benoit

Skies of Arcadia

Postby ThePeaGuy » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:24 pm

I admit - Skies of Arcadia is a decent RPG, but it's not one of my favourites I'm afraid. I'm not saying the game is crap, it's just that...well...apart from the spetacular ship battles, brilliant soundtrack and the discovery quests, I feel that the storyline was a bit weak, y'know. <p>The GC port, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, is slightly more better than it's original version on the DC in terms of more secrets, boss battles and so forth, but the music on the game is total bollocks. Nothing like the DC version(which was tops).<p>
ThePeaGuy

Skies of Arcadia

Postby zoothe » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:31 am

I used to have the BBA for the DC but I sold it on eBay. Those things are going for like $200!! I'll try thr free dial-up. Thanks :)
zoothe

Skies of Arcadia

Postby zoothe » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:30 pm

<blockquote>I love Skies of Arcadia! It's a shame I can't find any copies of Legends in any of my local retail stores. <br></blockquote> <p>I just went to Fry's Electronics and they had like 12 copies of Skies of Arcadia Legends BRAND NEW for $19.99!!! Or you can try outpost.com, which is their website.
zoothe

Skies of Arcadia

Postby zoothe » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:15 am

Does anyone know what this new "Skies of Arcadia Legends Best" coming out for Gamecube in Japan is all about? It's up for pre-order on videogamedepot.com. Coming out May 20th.
zoothe

Skies of Arcadia

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:05 pm

It's "Eternal Arcadia Legends Best". I'll look up some info on it.<p>EDIT: Apparently it's just a re-release of Eternal Arcadia Legends for GameCube. The exact same game, but for a lower price.<p>References:<br>http://www.planetdreamcast.com/soaworld<br>http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1078412926<p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1081779524[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

Return to General Discussion