Deus Ex: Invisible War

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:32 pm

This topic is for the members here who've played Invisible War and to share your opinions towards the game.<p>I've bought Invisible War for the X-Box a few weeks ago and just completed it yesterday. It's quite a good game, but I personally feel that it's not better than its predecessor, Deus Ex Machina. <p>What I enjoyed about this game is that you have to make your own enemies and allies, and that indeed effects the outcome of the ending(there are four endings to see in the game!). <p>I've only seen the ApostleCorp ending so far.
ThePeaGuy

Postby Neo48 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:03 am

Dues ex Machina "Translate" God is Machine<p>Is that right?
Neo48

Postby SkymanDr » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:00 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Neo48</i><p>Dues ex Machina "Translate" God is Machine<p>Is that right?<br></blockquote><p>Almost. It means "God from the machine". If you are interested this is where it comes from:<br>The expression means the same as "help from above" in a very litterary sense. in this case machina refers to a crane (the apparatous used to lift things, not the bird). In antique greek plays it was customary for the characters to reach a dead end, with no solution in sight. Then all of a sudden a God decends from the roof via a crane, "ex machina".
SkymanDr

Postby Neo48 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:47 am

Cool!
Neo48

Return to General Discussion