WHY Microsoft is bad

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:36 pm

This page, and more specifically this one, does a great job at explaining why Microsoft is bad.<br>I've always hated Microsoft, except for their brilliant Windows 95 OSR2, but putting it in words was always difficult. But now I can refer them to that site. :D I'm glad.<p>And I hope people will get with this exactly why I remain on Win95 OSR2.
Benoit

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:43 pm

I would have to disagree here. I like Microsoft. As an operating system maker and as a console maker. I don't like Linux nor will I ever use it.
HuBBsDoctor

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Redeemer » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:26 pm

Only a couple reasons why I like Microsoft. I like the mechwarrior games, xbox and thats about it.
Redeemer

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Monocromatico » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:36 pm

Microsoft or any other oversized company is bad because they supress the smaller companies that can´t compete with them, causing unemployment.<p>Oh, and completely bugged releases. That´s not good.
Monocromatico

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:56 pm

What exactly do you mean by bad? That's a pretty general thing to say. Do you mean they're bad software programmers/designers or do you mean that they play dirty, business wise? Or bad platform/game developers? Specify please.
LaconianShot

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:41 pm

Despite what you say Benoit, and reading one sided articles only showing bad, not good..<p>The PC market would not be where it is now without microsoft.<p>And each "ANTI MICROSOFT" and "LINUX 4ever" user is a hypocrite. Half of them do not use command interface and what do they rely on? A Windows Emulator! Even back on 6.2 redhat it had X-windows emulator.<p>Without point and click, most Linux users would not be able to use any new software or hardware.<p>We can thank Apple and more importantly microsoft for spreading GUI and POINT AND CLICK mouse interface.<p>But no, Let's not talk bad about what Apple did, No let's pick on the BIGGEST Pc company. Let's do it because we're bored and want to conform.<p>I won't say anything else on this matter because hypocrisy will show itself. If you hate microsoft products, Get rid of WIn 95 and all mouse interface. Run old programs where letter B pressed ment BACK on a sub menu.<p>Anti-microsofters are all hypocrites. <p>End of my part of the debate.<p>I hate hypocrisy..<p>P.S. Microsoft may be evil, But it has good points also. Mainly THIS.
Lord Khyron

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Prince Noah » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:32 pm

I'm with HuBBs on this one. He's right. Microsoft is NOT bad. It's just more like what you have more luck with. I like it. No problems. MACINTOSH is bad in my oppinion. I used it, and I hate it. MICROSOFT....NOW we're talkin. :D
Prince Noah

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:51 pm

Sorry, but I'm not hypocritic. I use Windows because I must. That's one thing all you Microsoft-lovers will never understand. I use Windows because I'm basically forced to, not because I like it! And I DID say that I liked Win95 OSR2!<br>If you say you like Microsoft, you haven't read that article and looked at the facts. They are downright dirty.<p>Everyone who says that without Microsoft we wouldn't have gotten to this is wrong. We would be using using superior Macintosh computers, probably, or another alternative would have come up, since Microsoft DIDN'T CREATE ANYTHING. It merely bought existing technology or copied it LIKE IT DID WITH MAC OS.<p>But nooo, Microsoft is good because we all have Windows. Windows is good because it's point-and-click (which wasn't invented by Microsoft).<br>Just because we use Windows doesn't make it good. You have no idea what kind of monster we are up against.<br>Know Windows Longhorn? Well, that's another story, but rest assured that they will rape your wallet and limit your PC use to the death.<p>You're blinded by Microsoft.<p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1081727781[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:07 am

Benoit, you bring up some good points...like we're basically forced to use Microsoft, and that they drive smaller software companies to go out of the business...but, you're being a little one sided. There are some good aspects to Microsoft, like the user friendly interface, and some of their programs aren't half bad either. <br>More importantly, I hope you aren't insulting the Microsoft programmer's skills. It is plain ingnorance to deny that they have at least some expertise in their field.<br>What makes me shy away from Microsoft is the price of their frickin' software. $300 for a decent word processor! Yeesh! :@ <p>In everything good, there's at least a little ill, and in everything ill, there's at least a little good. To say something is all bad is just as blinded as you claim us to be.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1081728502[/TIME]][/size]
LaconianShot

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Prince Noah » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:09 am

Ahem. You can bash Microsoft all you want, but it's not gonna get me to get a MAC. :p MAC..... [shudders]
Prince Noah

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:15 am

I hate MACs. They have so many problems. The new ones are decent though, and the digital notebooks are decent, too.
LaconianShot

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:20 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Monocromatico</i><p>Microsoft or any other oversized company is bad because they supress the smaller companies that can´t compete with them, causing unemployment.<br></blockquote><p>Or not. How about the bigger company expanding some more and hiring more people. Thus eliminating unemployment.
HuBBsDoctor

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Prince Noah » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:20 am

I say that's half true. MAC sucks regardless. :p However, if ANYTHING sucks, it's Comcast. They're the ones making money off SLOW (not high speed like they say they are) net access. And I know, because I have it. %) <p>Comcast....yuck....(I think....I'm gonna be sick....) "Comcast forbids you to block this sender." <br> %) Wow, I never knew COMCAST had the right to tell me who I can and cannot block. :@ <p>[size=small][Edit by Prince Noah on [TIME]1081729496[/TIME]][/size]
Prince Noah

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Siren » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:18 am

I, also find that there is no other alternative to using Microsoft, because the way they monopolise everything. <br>Personally, I find Microsoft a decent program, but it's got many, many flaws. Lot's of these flaws are there, not because the programming is crap, but because of the way Microsoft persuades you to buy their top-of-the-line junk. They purposely put stuff in their basic programming that forces you to upgrade to have something somewhat adequate.<p>For example: word pad. Microsoft's Windows program comes with a virtually useless word processor (if you need to do something that looks professional, like a resume or report). The price of an adequate word processor: 200-300 dollars.<p>I don't like Microsoft. They play dirty. Recently, there was some monopolization charges towards Microsoft. But due to the fact that everyone, including schools, buys from Microsoft, we have little alternative.
Siren

WHY Microsoft is bad

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:25 am

This might look like I'm saying it's all bad, but that's not my stance.<br>Like I said, I LOVE my Windows 95 OSR2!<br>They did do something for the market. And their programs are good enough.<p>BUT I still want to point out what they do with those same programs and market. Sure, good programs, but they ask more resources for almost no new features. Just an example.<p>I hope this won't go on for too long anymore, it's starting to be a disaster.<br>The market is evolving way too quickly and we have to throw our money at it. Not right.
Benoit

Next

Return to General Discussion