I got Sonic Heroes!

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:54 am

Why would it be drawn better? And there's still the boots.
Benoit

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby HuBBsDoctor » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:21 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><p>Why would it be drawn better? And there's still the boots.<br></blockquote><p>Well first look at the box art on cover of the game. Then look at the ingame raphical cutscenes. Alis looks more, well it just looks badly drawn. As do most pics drawn with a mouse in the 80's. Now the new pictures, they make her look more womanly I think and befitting of her age. She does look rather young and looks her age more so than in the original. I guess Andrew would agree with me(from an artist perspective) if he peeks into this thread.<p>And I don't count the boots. You're just weird. :p
HuBBsDoctor

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Siren » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:39 pm

I don't think Alis looked badly drawn in the original! ~0 <br>It portrayed her quite nicely. <p>If you'll take notice of the pictures of Alis in PSIV, her artwork is well done, yet it's still <b>Alis</b>. <p>So, in the remake, why didn't they draw her in a way that was well done and not drastically changed? <br>
Siren

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:48 pm

<blockquote>I don't think Alis looked badly drawn in the original!<br>It portrayed her quite nicely.</blockquote> <br>I agree. What have you been eating?!<br> <blockquote>And I don't count the boots. You're just weird. </blockquote> <br>Get a woman in the boots she's wearing and then tell me how disturbing it is.
Benoit

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:12 pm

I finished Team Sonic's story yesterday, and started with Team Rose today... and finished it today. It's very easy.<br>The team is a bit different, though the basics remain the same.<br>It features the same stages, but cut in half; I thought there would be separate stages for each team; I guess not.<br>Cream is disturbing and annoying with her voice. You can hear she's only 6... Get her out!
Benoit

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:39 am

And Cream is in Sonic Advance (I don't know which one) too! Stupid, crappy, lame character! How long did it take to think up that Cream? Five minute? Sonic is <i>way</i> better! And why eat hamburger if you can have steak?
LaconianShot

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Siren » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:07 am

Ya and... uh...Cream hits people with Chao's. Creepy.
Siren

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:08 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Siren</i><p>Ya and... uh...Cream hits people with Chao's. Creepy.<br></blockquote><br>She does?! ~0 <br>Am I lucky she doesn't in Sonic Heroes...
Benoit

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Siren » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:21 am

I think it was in Sonic Battle for GBA. I assumed it was in the GCN version
Siren

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:12 pm

I just played the two first stages of Team Dark. The beginning is interesting, but then you're presented with again the same stages... Bummer. Team Dark plays roughly the same as Team Sonic. Kind of a good thing, in my opinion.<p>While I like Shadow for his character, I don't think he is a worthy nemesis of Sonic. Sonic's still better. Shadow uses some kind of jet stuff on his foot to go fast. Sonic doesn't need that, he can do it naturally.
Benoit

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:45 pm

I've finished the game with Team Chaotix today, which means I got "100" on all teams now. Now to get the Chaos Emeralds and a "A" mark on all the stages. This is going to be fun. :D<p>Seriously, this game is so much fun. Funnest game I've played in quite some time. XD
Benoit

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:31 pm

I finally got all the Chaos Emeralds, and played the last scenario. It was good fun. It wasn't that hard, but it was AWESOME! You have to see it to believe it. The CG for that scenario is also of the best.<br>The next goal is getting A rank on everything.<p>Seriously, go out and buy this game! It got everything...<br>Great graphics, music, gameplay. Innovating gameplay!<br>Cool stages, of which some inspired by other Sonic games, but it doesn't matter! What matters is how it's executed. And it does that very well.<br>You'll get good at this game after some time, but that doesn't mean that it's that easy to get A rank on everything! Especially with some bosses, and especially the last one. What I mean is that it has much replay value!<br>The story is basic, but still nice. The CG are well done and the dialogue is not corny.<br>And, most important of all...<br>IT'S GREAT FUN!<p>Sonic Team got themselves a classic here!
Benoit

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:47 pm

Oh! Benoit, not to start a fight or anything, but you asked me what other game has had team play like this...well, I found one. Perhaps you've even played it. Does Knuckles Chaotix sound about right? Highly unpopular, but basically the same as Heroes...hell, Heroes even features some of the characters from it.
LaconianShot

I got Sonic Heroes!

Postby Benoit » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:01 pm

I haven't played it, but Espio, Vector and Charmy indeed come from that game.<br>From what I know, it's not team play to the point of Sonic Heroes. Just two characters that both have connected rings, propulsing each other to reach higher speeds.
Benoit

Previous

Return to General Discussion