Your Desktop II: Attack of the Desktop

The place to chat round the fire, share a tale, and just about anything else you'd like to do

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:51 am

This is the second thread involving the posting of one's wallpaper, but I think it's appropriate to make a new one as the other has not been posted in in quite some time, and it's rather full. So, at risk of our newer members having to wade through endless pages, and at risk of me having to actually find the topic, I give you our sequel. <br>Let's kick it off with my wallpaper...<br>Image<p>The Wicked Wallpaper, that comes this way...<p><p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1119730110[/TIME]][/size]
LaconianShot

Postby Benoit » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:23 pm

Aargh! Enough with the Star Wars references!<br>You meant -desktop-, not wallpaper.<p>As for my desktop, it's still the same except for one less icon.<br>Want to see it? Find the previous desktop topic. :P
Benoit

Postby Siren » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:45 pm

Er...what teh phuk? Nothing wrong with Star Wars...<p>And I'm quite certain he meant wallpaper. Chances are, I couldn't care less if you have the Mozilla icon on your desktop or not, not to mention any other desktop shortcuts.
Siren

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:13 pm

Desktop, wallpaper, little to no difference. One has icons, the other does not. Post whichever you feel like... personally it was easier to get my desktop then the actual image for my wallpaper.<br><blockquote>Aargh! Enough with the Star Wars references! </blockquote> <br>You love Star Wars. Search your feelings... you know it to be true.
LaconianShot

Postby ThePeaGuy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:14 pm

<br><blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>Desktop, wallpaper, little to no difference. One has icons, the other does not. Post whichever you feel like... personally it was easier to get my desktop then the actual image for my wallpaper.<br> <br>You love Star Wars. Search your feelings... you know it to be true.<br></blockquote><p>Too late. Benoit has already been drawn to the dark side. :p<p><p>[size=small][Edit by ThePeaGuy on [TIME]1119726986[/TIME]][/size]
ThePeaGuy

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:09 pm

There, edited Emperor Benoit. Don't use your lightning on me. :p
LaconianShot

Postby Benoit » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:20 pm

Wallpaper and desktop is a big difference. One is just an image, the other shows the user's environment. You could as well make a topic about pretty images in the first case. %) <br> <blockquote>Er...what teh phuk? Nothing wrong with Star Wars...</blockquote><br>Indeed there isn't, but there's been too many references ever since Episode III's release.<br> <blockquote>And I'm quite certain he meant wallpaper. Chances are, I couldn't care less if you have the Mozilla icon on your desktop or not, not to mention any other desktop shortcuts.</blockquote><br>Then why would we care more about which wallpaper the user has set or likes?
Benoit

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:30 pm

<blockquote>Indeed there isn't, but there's been too many references ever since Episode III's release.</blockquote> <br>Big deal, it was a good movie and part of pop culture, so it's to be expected. Might as well complain about all the Zelda references that have been thrown around.<p>For the record, though, I hated Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Good thing George Lucas didn't screw the third one up.
LaconianShot

Postby Monocromatico » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:46 pm

Image <p>Scythian warriors :^P
Monocromatico

Postby Alakai » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:59 pm

This would cover the screen so I'll just put it in a link :) <p>http://img259.echo.cx/img259/92/untitled2rb.png
Alakai

Postby Siren » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:52 pm

ZOMG!!11 peeguey has innerweb exploorur! his envirowment iz awsum an EKSPANSIV!<br> <br><blockquote>Then why would we care more about which wallpaper the user has set or likes?</blockquote> <p>I don't see why people care about a desktop period...yet apparently, the topic is popular. I also don't see why you need to nit-pick what he says; it was quite clear what he was getting at. This constant debate over trivial details is becoming very old, and it makes you seem arrogant. If you have an egotistical complex where you need to be right about insignificant crap, take it elsewhere.
Siren

Postby Benoit » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:06 am

<blockquote>Big deal, it was a good movie and part of pop culture, so it's to be expected. Might as well complain about all the Zelda references that have been thrown around.</blockquote><br>Unlike with Star Wars, I can go through everyday life without being reminded of Legend of Zelda. Star Wars is just everywhere. That's the problem.<br> <blockquote>ZOMG!!11 peeguey has innerweb exploorur! his envirowment iz awsum an EKSPANSIV!</blockquote><br>...You mean Monocromatico. Pay attention. ;)<br> <blockquote>I don't see why people care about a desktop period...yet apparently, the topic is popular.</blockquote><br>It's about the same thing as showing your house. You show your 'living environment', which can tell something about the person.<br> <blockquote>I also don't see why you need to nit-pick what he says; it was quite clear what he was getting at.</blockquote><br>Right. A topic title saying "wallpaper" and then a screenshot of a desktop is clear...<br> <blockquote>This constant debate over trivial details</blockquote><br>It's not as trivial as you like to think. I already explained why.
Benoit

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:55 am

<blockquote>Unlike with Star Wars, I can go through everyday life without being reminded of Legend of Zelda. Star Wars is just everywhere. That's the problem. </blockquote> <br>You're going to have to deal with this "problem" Benoit, because nobody really cares. Big deal, you're reminded of Star Wars... the world will end!<p><blockquote>Right. A topic title saying "wallpaper" and then a screenshot of a desktop is clear...</blockquote><br>Did I not show a screenshot of my wallpaper? It seems I did. My wallpaper on my <i>desktop</i>. Yay! So wallpaper was apt! Do you think you can stop whining now?
LaconianShot

Postby Monocromatico » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:42 am

Oh, good old times are back, when we fight over such little things, and sit around the table for a good laugh afterwards :^)<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Monocromatico on [TIME]1119757499[/TIME]][/size]
Monocromatico

Postby Benoit » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:39 am

<blockquote>Big deal, you're reminded of Star Wars... the world will end!</blockquote><br>Don't exaggarate my words. I just find the endless references irritating.<br> <blockquote>You're going to have to deal with this "problem" Benoit, because nobody really cares.</blockquote><br>Since when did you know everybody's opinion? I know I'm not the only one who finds the endless references irritating. Enough is enough.<br> <blockquote>Did I not show a screenshot of my wallpaper? It seems I did. My wallpaper on my desktop. Yay! So wallpaper was apt!</blockquote><br>It's no longer a screenshot of a wallpaper as soon as it's part of your desktop.<br> <blockquote>Do you think you can stop whining now?</blockquote><br>You're again exaggarating my words. Please stop it now.
Benoit

Next

Return to General Discussion