About RPG Maker

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

About RPG Maker

Postby gm2987 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:16 pm

I hate toolkit, one of the worst of the RPG maker's
gm2987

About RPG Maker

Postby Benoit » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:33 pm

I just tried RPG Toolkit. From reading the readme.txt file, it seems like you have to learn a C++ variant called RPGCode to work with it. o_O<br>Moving on, I try to start the demo game. Doesn't work.<br>I try to start the editor itself. It closes after the Tip of the Day each time.<p>What a waste...
Benoit

About RPG Maker

Postby Coldfury » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:14 pm

Yeah I saw that Benoit... I even called my dad up, and he remembered learing PRGCode when I was in grade school. So that's been dead for a while, and I wouldn't know where to look to even start learning it. Anyway I'm too poor to buy any version of RPG maker... so it looks like I'm gonna have to be content with writing more story lines down ;P <br>If anyone has any "legal" suggestions, I'm game.
Coldfury

About RPG Maker

Postby Benoit » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:58 pm

I've been looking for other programs after I saw that RPG Toolkit didn't work for me, and I found Sphere to be somewhat what I was looking for. I'll have to get used to it and explore it first, though.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1111957765[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

About RPG Maker

Postby Gipper » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:09 pm

Gamemaker is a good program to use, it's not specific to RPGs though. You need to have skill at coding to make an RPG, but you can make all sorts of other stuff on it (platformers, side-scrolling shooters, ect.).
Gipper

About RPG Maker

Postby Mage1 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:13 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Arkhan</i><p>Use RPG Toolkit...it's free and easy. We made a spoof of my highschool on it.......w/ Asuka from evangelion running around w/ a machine gun........extra credit project for science :).....we had educational value too...sound waves and stuff :-D.<br></blockquote><p>Can't get the monsters to appear, even though I did what they said.
Mage1

About RPG Maker

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:53 am

I've been using Visual Basic..<p>and as Siren and Laco and BlackSword can attest..<p>My SM MMORPG is cool ^^<p>I can modify it to fit PS also..
Lord Khyron

Previous

Return to Fan stuff