Phantasy Star III2K - new fangame on the way!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby halla » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:00 am

He will release it when hes ready
halla

Postby Zubon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:23 am

Yeah. Besides, I still have to play the original PS3 before I play the two fan versions!
Zubon

Postby halla » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:12 am

yea that would be a good idea... its a different game (from other rpgs)
halla

Postby Lysander86 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:11 pm

You'd better get crackin', then, Zubon - my First Generation is about two weeks away! :D <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby halla » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:40 pm

Does that mean your going to have a release after each generation till its done?
halla

Postby Lysander86 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:05 pm

I think it'll only be this First Generation release and then the full game release - by way of caveat, though, there is another game that I've promised myself I'll finish first, so after the First Generation it'll probably be awhile until it's completely done.<p>But the First Generation is self-contained enough that you'll be able to tell if you like the way I make games, so it could be you won't be interested in the full game anyway. ;) <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Zubon » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:42 am

<blockquote>You'd better get crackin', then, Zubon - my First Generation is about two weeks away!</blockquote> <p>Argh...Well I'm about to complete Phantasy Star...<p>So I have two weeks to complete PSII and PSIII? It's a challenge, I guess!<br>*starts the A-Team music*
Zubon

Postby halla » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:47 pm

Depending on how much you play you could do it<p>Take it your going in order
halla

Postby Lysander86 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:47 pm

Okay, it's looking like I'll have a release of the First Generation sometime towards the end of next week - I have mainly battle balancing and some tweaking of skills left to do. #) <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:54 pm

If it's not as hard as Tonoe Basement then your battles aren't hard enough. :)
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Postby halla » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:00 pm

That can be tricky if you go straight there.
halla

Postby Lysander86 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:37 pm

I've been pretty submerged in wrapping this thing up for the last few days, but the end is in sight! I'm thinking Friday will be Release Day. #) <p>And for difficulty, I've implemented two different settings: Normal and Hard. Here are some of the differences:<p>1) Battles have more monsters at a time on Hard Mode (but the extra monsters don't give you XP or Meseta; otherwise it would make it less of a challenge and more of a gimme).<br>2) Certain monsters on Hard Mode have more techs and higher stats (such as bosses).<br>3) Purchase prices for certain skills/items are higher on Hard Mode.<br>4) Some sidequests are more difficult to complete on Hard Mode.<br>5) You can only save in Orakian towns on Hard Mode. (But don't worry - my dungeons are smaller than in the original). :D<p>Oh, and purists rejoice! An artist friend of mine tweaked Maia's sprite, so now she has light blue hair, like she's supposed to. :p <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Dorrinal Blackmantle » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:51 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lysander86</i><br>I added Hard Mode. Now you have to spend more time leveling and golding to win!<br></blockquote><p>...at least for younguns and people who don't believe in playing the game straight through.<p>To answer a previous post, Tonoe Basement is delightfully difficult but beatable on your first time in. Just save your cash up to that point and equip with Titanium armor and don't forget to use Crash, Vortex, and Wat!
Dorrinal Blackmantle

Previous

Return to Fan stuff