A PS MMORPG fan game (just an idea)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Myau Froto » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:16 am

I have an idea, of hosting a phantasy star MMORPG, using the Konfuze engine. If anyone likes/dislikes the idea, post. Post suggestions, if you would be willing to make sprites, etc. I think it would be a great idea for all of us to play as our favorite characters, adventure together, and chat in real time. I mean come on, we all love the game, why not everyone participate and make our own?<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Myau Froto on [TIME]1113120980[/TIME]][/size]
Myau Froto

Postby Malakai » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:22 pm

I don't mean to be a detractor, but I honestly don't think this will take off since we already have PSO and that is a great game itself. I offer this only to save you time and effort should this idea be other that what you expect, mind you.
Malakai

Postby Butoden » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:44 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Malakai</i><p>I don't mean to be a detractor, but I honestly don't think this will take off since we already have PSO and that is a great game itself. I offer this only to save you time and effort should this idea be other that what you expect, mind you.<br></blockquote><br>I rather see a fanbased MMORPG than another RM2K game based on PS series which we also already have ( PS 1, 2, 3, 4, Gaiden)!
Butoden

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:33 pm

Why don't all you people, Who are claiming to wanna make a PS MMORPG, Just get together and make ONE DAMN PROJECT?!<p>I mean god, we have 6 projects stated that will never be finished.<p>When all 6 of you could combine and make 1 project finished.<p>O.o Common Sense can?
Lord Khyron

Postby halla » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:56 pm

Yea im not using Konfuze or something like that though im coding stuff myself so I can have any aspect how i want it.
halla

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:01 pm

Never heard of modules? Shared ideas?<p>Then again, I'm wasting my breath.
Lord Khyron

Postby halla » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:44 pm

I made my topic and said if anyone wanted to help me contact me... so if any of the other projects wanted to help me thats fine but they must not if they havent contacted me.
halla

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:45 pm

Take into account Wizard's 1st, 3rd and 9th rules..<p>And you have why no contact.
Lord Khyron

Postby halla » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:01 am

What rules?<p>And I dont care im workin on my project daily and I could release an alpha if I wanted now.
halla

Postby Mage1 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:04 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Lord Khyron</i><p>Take into account Wizard's 1st, 3rd and 9th rules..<p>And you have why no contact. <br></blockquote><br>I don't see any no contact here.<p>
Mage1

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:50 pm

Wizard's First rule<p>"People are stupid. They believe something because they want to or are afraid it is true."<p>Wizard's 3rd rule<p>"Passion rules reason"<p>Wizard's 9th rule<p>"A Contradiction cannot exist."<p>add those up and you get why these so called "MMORPG" maker wannabees will never contact each other.<p>Think about it, I'm sure we have some intelligent members here.
Lord Khyron

Postby halla » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:30 am

I dont know im just doing my own thing they can do theirs... whats the deal
halla

Postby Malakai » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:12 pm

Obviously the Wizard's rules have not been grasped by those who need most to apply them...
Malakai

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:57 pm

The first rule comes off as violated because..<p>Someone believes they can do it by themselves and most of the time they give up because it is too much work. If they would ask for assistance, they could have a easier time. They instead decide to believe the lie that they can do everything by themselves. This has led to so many abandoned projects.<p>Anything on a grand scale needs teamwork. MMORPG's and <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=video%20games" onmouseover="window.status='video games'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">video games</a> don't get designed by just one person usually.<p>The 3rd rule is violated because in their passion to make it, They disregard reason. Reason would state they would ask for help and offer to work together.<p>I might have violated 1st and 3rd by being pragmatic and rather condescending. <p>The 9th rule is self explanatory<p>P.S. Was your comment aimed at me Malakai?<p>[size=small][Edit by Lord Khyron on [TIME]1113508688[/TIME]][/size]
Lord Khyron

Postby Malakai » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:37 pm

It wasn't aimed at you Khyron. Go back to your first reference about the Wizard's rules:<p> <blockquote>Take into account Wizard's 1st, 3rd and 9th rules.. </blockquote> <p>Then apply my comment to the next two consecutive posts/users after that one.
Malakai

Next

Return to Fan stuff