Phantasy Star III2K Released!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Gipper » Tue May 03, 2005 10:00 pm

<blockquote>There's a bug that gets you stuck that I found out about today - don't go back into the room where you fought the Layan Guards after you're done with Satellite Control; since I take away the Moon Stone, the event in that room thinks you don't have it and won't let you leave. That's a really bad one. </blockquote> <br>Just make a Switch that is turned on that allows you out if it is on thatactivates once you kill the guards.
Gipper

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue May 03, 2005 10:16 pm

Damn opening song is too sad o.o I am disliking that variation of it..<p>Anyways, another bug I notice..<p>When you exit the forest to get to MAia, you're still playing the forest BGM.<p>You're back on the overworld, so the overworld BGM should be there.
Lord Khyron

Postby Benoit » Tue May 03, 2005 10:34 pm

Not Maia. Mieu.<p>Another bug I forgot to mention: the rain in Shusoran doesn't seem to be consistent. You enter a fountain, there's still rain, but after that, not anymore.
Benoit

Postby Lysander86 » Tue May 03, 2005 10:47 pm

Mieu's forest is intentionally like that - since you're still in the forest, I thought I'd keep the music playing.<p>I wanted to keep the rain going in the Shusoran sewers (it made it more interesting-looking), but if it keeps raining inside the castle, that's wrong. If you leave the castle, does the rain come back on?<p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Gipper » Tue May 03, 2005 10:53 pm

All you have to do is set the teleport event to also set the weather to rain AFTER you teleport back.
Gipper

Postby Lord Khyron » Wed May 04, 2005 12:48 am

Thanks for the correction. <p>I didn't consider that area part of the forest, for it is on the overworld, not the forest map.<p>You can also go to the west entrance to get back into the forest, so it isn't the forest area.
Lord Khyron

Postby Lysander86 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:04 am

Yeah, it's one of those weird things that looks like a mistake but was actually intentional. It made sense at the time, I guess. :D <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby Benoit » Wed May 04, 2005 7:59 pm

<blockquote>I wanted to keep the rain going in the Shusoran sewers (it made it more interesting-looking), but if it keeps raining inside the castle, that's wrong. If you leave the castle, does the rain come back on?</blockquote><br>The problem is that once you leave the sewer, the rain disappears. I think I can only get the rain back if I leave town.<p>Forgot to mention some more bugs:<br>-when you get antidotes from the biologist's assistant, it says that you received 0 antidotes<br>-I received an Old Relic from a woman in Rysel, and later found an Old Relic in the desert. However, when bringing them to the archeologist, I only had one<br>-Lyle's Long Reach skill always seems to miss<br> <blockquote>Does it seem like the ANT Cartridge is the only one that behaves that way?</blockquote><br>Yes. Though the first time I wanted to use the NER Cartridge, I seemed to have to insert it twice to get the Techniques. Worked okay afterwards, though.
Benoit

Postby Zylo » Wed May 04, 2005 10:48 pm

I was wondering which game I should play, it was 30 minutes past midnight where I live when I downloaded this game. So far it seems to be one of the best RPGmaker games I have played. Keep up the good work.
Zylo

Postby Kalbelgarion » Thu May 05, 2005 3:31 am

Lys, I never made the connection between you and the fella who made "A Blurred Line." You learn something new everyday, eh?<p>Anyway, to avoid repeating verbatum what I said on the PSDB, I'll just say that I really like your game. It's very well done, and I can tell you're a RM pro. I should have known that this wasn't your first game.<p>We obviously have different goals with our remakes--your's is mainstream appeal for this gem of a game, and mine is "what PSIII would be like if it were made by PSIV's team." And, hey, the more Phantasy Star, the better. :)
Kalbelgarion

Postby Lysander86 » Thu May 05, 2005 12:26 pm

I agree 100% - it was a great day when I found my way here and saw lots of Phantasy Star fangames in hiding. :p<p>I haven't played PS4 yet, but I'm looking forward to it - it'll have to be really, really good to top PS3, though. In my opinion, anyway. :D <p>Lys
Lysander86

Postby halla » Thu May 05, 2005 7:12 pm

Well they are different in lots of ways. Most people like 4 the best but if you really like 3 than you may like it more since its a lot different.
halla

Postby halla » Fri May 06, 2005 6:26 am

Good work so far good added stuff<p>[size=small][Edit by halla on [TIME]1115361646[/TIME]][/size]
halla

Postby Benoit » Fri May 06, 2005 4:21 pm

There's a wall tile in the castle of Cille that you can go through.<br>When having acquired the BIO Cartridge, strangely you can see the Ant Cartridge in the menu. o_O<p>I finished the fan game. Saw both endings.<br>The last scene is so "WTF?!". It's not even a change, it's something added!
Benoit

Postby Lysander86 » Fri May 06, 2005 4:53 pm

"WTF?!" is totally the reaction I was going for, so I'm happy. :D <p>It's not quite as crazy as it seems at first glance, but it's definitely supposed to stir things up a bit - especially for people who haven't played the original. Since we've all played the original game, we know what's really going on there (and that someone is being misled), but people new to the series are supposed to be bewildered. ;) <p>Lys
Lysander86

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff