Conversations Within Orakio's Sword

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby xperroni » Sat May 07, 2005 12:41 am

"Conversations Within Elsydeon" is a hell of a good idea, and the enthusiastic embrace it received from the PS fan community is simply wonderful -- but for a Phantasy Star III fan like me, it's a shame that there are so few of them focused on the people of Alisa III. I figured I could help change it a little by writing some PSIII CWE's myself; I also thought it would be funny if I gave some explanation as to why the children of Orakio and Laya are so rarely spotted around the other Protectors.<p>This is my first take on CWE-style quotes for Phantasy Star III. My idea is that the PSIII heroes spend their afterlifes within Orakio's Sword, only occasionally crossing over to Elsydeon, or receiving guests from there. So, in the vain hope of not being way too sily, I present to you... my "Conversations Within Orakio's Sword".<p>---<p>"Some of us started complaining about how Elsydeon was getting crowded, and that we needed an afterlife of our own. Besides, it's been some time since this sword last saw any use..."<p>-- Orakio, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword<p>"Yes, <b>yes</b>, she's my cousin, I know. Look, here's the deal: when <b>your</b> pretty cousin proposes to you, <b>you</b> dump her for an Orakian dominatrix, alright?"<p>-- Ayn, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword<p>"Why, no, I don't think my parents have any problem with my girlfriend being 1,000 years older than me. Unlikely relationships run deep in the family."<p>-- Chris about Laya, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword<p>"At least you have some armour on you. Now try looking menacing in a <i>dress!</i>"<p>-- Nice Kara to Alis, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword<p>"What do you mean, 'Nial in drag'?"<p>-- Sari, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword<p>"Rhys, Ayn might have gotten away with that 'alternate realities' story, but I'm not Thea. If you don't come up with a much better explanation, you're going to sleep on the sofa forever... and I mean it!"<p>-- Maia to Rhys about Nial, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword<p>"It's been 1,000 years, but I'd know her whining anywhere!"<p>-- Orakio about how to tell Miun apart from Mieu, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword<p>"What is 'Duracell', and what makes you think I run on it?"<p>-- Miun, Conversations About 1,000 Years Uptime Within Orakio's Sword<p>"First he couldn't find my mother before she was adopted by Landen's royal family, then he couldn't retrieve her without sending my father in a rescuing frenzy, then he couldn't prevent him from crossing the worlds after her, then he couldn't force him into giving up his quest, then he couldn't prevent his uncle from taking matters on his own hands, <b>then</b> he couldn't prevent Siren's cyborgs from kidnapping his daughter. Honestly, the only thing Lyle has <b>ever</b> done right is Thea."<p>-- Ayn, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword
xperroni

Postby Gipper » Sat May 07, 2005 12:45 am

Rhys: No, no, Chaz, you have it all wrong. Chirpers and Rappies are the same creature.
Gipper

Postby Dr_Odin » Sat May 07, 2005 1:01 am

LOL! Nice stuff man!<p>/runs off and read more cwe
Dr_Odin

Postby Alis in Wonderland » Sat May 07, 2005 2:07 am

Chaz: AAAAAAAARGH! ELECTRONIC... RAPPIES!
Alis in Wonderland

Postby Joel Fagin » Sat May 07, 2005 7:33 am

Ooo. I'll have to try to remember to check back here and collect them all up once it's petered out.*<p> - Joel Fagin<p>* If it does, that is. I mean, the CWEs never did... :P
Joel Fagin

Postby Benoit » Sat May 07, 2005 11:44 am

Great idea, xperroni. :)<br>Yeah, there has been a time before when PSIII fans acted on it being neglected. However, this is a good idea to do it something about it!<p>Great CWOS. :D<br>However, who's Chris?<br>And I don't understand the "Nial in drag" one.<p>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1115466363[/TIME]][/size]
Benoit

Postby xperroni » Sat May 07, 2005 12:23 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><br>However, who's Chris?<br>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1115466363[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><p>"Crys", actually. The son of Ayn and Sari. Just spelled his name wrong.<p><blockquote><i>Originally posted by Benoit</i><br>And I don't understand the "Nial in drag" one.<br>[size=small][Edit by Benoit on [TIME]1115466363[/TIME]][/size]<br></blockquote><p>The idea is that Sari looks a lot like a female version of Nial -- like "Nial in drag".
xperroni

Postby xperroni » Sat May 07, 2005 9:34 pm

"It's just not fair. No orakian man can resist blue hair!"<p>-- Lenna about Maia, Conversations Within Orakio's Sword
xperroni

Return to Fan stuff