Need help with something... (MIDI music related)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby gm2987 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:13 am

Okay I have a bunch of MIDI music for my game, most is remixes of PS2/PS4 music as well as some other things, the main problem is that the music's volume is so low normally I have to turn up the sound on my computer in order to hear it, doing so the sound effects become insanely loud, is there any way to get the sound to be louder and then upload it into my game keeping the sound louder without having to change the sound on my computer itself?
gm2987

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue May 10, 2005 12:22 am

Okay...try this, GM.<p>Leave the music's volume at 100%, but when you go to make a sound, put it's volume at 50%.<p>Sorry if I'm not of much help, but that's what I ended up doing for my game...
LegoMuskCat

Postby Gipper » Tue May 10, 2005 12:30 am

She has the right idea. The only other thing I can think of is going into a sound editor and changing the volume of it, or redownloading the files from a different site.
Gipper

Postby gm2987 » Tue May 10, 2005 2:53 am

If I do what dreamer suggests then all of the sound is low and it still needs to be turned up ;_;
gm2987

Postby LegoMuskCat » Tue May 10, 2005 3:06 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by gm2987</i><p>If I do what dreamer suggests then all of the sound is low and it still needs to be turned up ;_;<br></blockquote><br>You don't have to have it that low, turn it up and see how that works out. :)
LegoMuskCat

Postby Lord Khyron » Tue May 10, 2005 5:10 pm

Technically, the sound comes out the volume of your speakers regardless..<p>and the main volume of your AUDIO properties..
Lord Khyron

Postby Alis in Wonderland » Wed May 11, 2005 11:22 pm

i dunno if it helps, but on classic iTunes you can convert midis to mp3s.<br>if the volume's low because it's a midi, it might be worth doing.<br>also, some sound recorders let you record things at a higher volume than the actual input. its primitive, but you could directly record the sound.
Alis in Wonderland

Postby gm2987 » Wed May 11, 2005 11:51 pm

but you can't upload MP3s to RPGmaker2000 and doing that makes every file about 3-4mb... my game would be over 200 mb easy >.<
gm2987

Return to Fan stuff