PS3 Fanfic: Echoes of the Past (New Sectionette, 1/14)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Siren » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:24 am

Am I alowed to make a correction? I think it will save you some edititng in the future...<p> <blockquote>I'm riding on top of >an controlled< explosion</blockquote> <p>There. Other than that, this was a great chapter. Personally, I'm eager to see how John will react to the Palmans and the androids.
Siren

Postby Amwhere » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:20 am

Great? Really? I had to basically rewrite it after I found out what I written (about 2 months ago, mind you), stunk. <p>Correction made (in the originals). Thanks.
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:51 am

100% open source: Written on OS paper ( :D ) with a OS mechanical pencil, typed in a OS Word Processor, and posted using an OS browser.<br>I haven't proofed this yet... think of this as a preview.<p>AW 1278, City of Techna, Palma <p>Miun stood in front of the door to her apartment. The debriefing following her ascent from the sewers took hours, and now was only a couple of hours before dawn.<p>She bent down and moved a rock, and picked up the apartment's keycard with a grime covered hand. She had asked Jager before the debriefing started about taking a shower, but he refused, stating, "Aliens have been known to abduct people is showers. I can't take that risk." The android chuckled softly as she swiped the keycard through the card reader and let herself in.<p>The room was lit only by the flickering light of the television, which was playing at it's lowest volume setting. Mieu was lying on the couch, reading a book. She looked up when Miun opened the door. "Hi, sis. Long day?"<p>"No, Mieu, I normally stay out until the wee hours..."<p>Mieu cut her off. "You stink!" She crinkled her nose.<p>"What do you expect?" Miun replied, closing the door, "I'm been trudging around in the sewers!" She crossed the small living room and opened the bathroom door.<p>"I'll bring you clothes while you're in there," Mieu said. "You go take your shower."<p>Miun opened the bathroom door. "Why? I'll get them after I'm done."<p>"We have company." To her sister's raised eyebrow, Mieu said, "I'll explain later. You take your shower."<p>"Alright," Miun went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Why didn't she just info-burst the reason to me? She shock her head. I guess we're too much humans. Whether that is a good thing... who knows?
Amwhere

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:13 pm

Would you like us to proof it for you, Amwhere? :) <br>Oh, and by OS paper and OS mechanical pencil, do you mean you use something like a Wacom tablet?<p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1090937688[/TIME]][/size]
LaconianShot

Postby Amwhere » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:56 pm

No, I meant wood based paper and carbon based pencil. :)
Amwhere

Postby LaconianShot » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:44 pm

Then what does OS stand for? I'm fairly sure you don't mean Operating System.
LaconianShot

Postby Amwhere » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:41 pm

Open source. I was trying to be funny! :P<p>(Right now, the story is competing with the Baseball sim I'm writing.)<p>[size=small][Edit by Amwhere on [TIME]1090965711[/TIME]][/size]
Amwhere

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:37 am

Eh...I didn't get it. Heh. (@)<br>Baseball sim? Sounds kind of interesting... though I am by no measure a Baseball fan.
LaconianShot

Postby Amwhere » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:07 am

AW 1278, City of Techna, Palma <p>Miun stood in front of the door to her apartment. The debriefing following her ascent from the sewers took hours, and now it was only a couple of hours before dawn.<p>She bent down, moved a rock, and picked up the apartment's keycard with a grime covered hand. She had asked Jager before the debriefing started about taking a shower, but he refused, stating, "Aliens have been known to abduct people is showers. I can't take that risk." The android chuckled softly as she swiped the keycard through the card reader and let herself in.<p>The room was lit only by the flickering light of the television, which was playing at it's lowest volume setting. Mieu was lying on the couch, reading a book. She looked up when Miun opened the door. "Hi, sis. Long day?"<p>"No, Mieu, I normally stay out until the wee hours..."<p>Mieu cut her off. "You stink!" She crinkled her nose.<p>"What do you expect?" Miun replied, closing the door, "I'm been trudging around in the sewers!" She crossed the small living room and opened the bathroom door.<p>"I'll bring you clothes while you're in there," Mieu said. "You go take your shower."<p>Miun opened the bathroom door. "Why? I'll get them after I'm done."<p>"We have company." To her sister's raised eyebrow, Mieu said, "I'll explain later. You take your shower."<p>"Alright," Miun went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Why didn't she just info-burst the reason to me? She shook her head. I guess we're too much like humans. Whether that is a good thing... who knows?<p>Miun took off the remnants of her dress and threw it in the bathroom's blue wastebasket, along with her underwear. She then took her necklace off and frowned at the muck that encrusted it, and set it down on the bathroom sink.<p>Miun stepped in the shower and turned the water on. She began to think about the day before as she scrubbed the caked muck off.<p>Why would Sain do something like this? Who would put him up to it? As she washed her forearms, she accessed the Techna Police Department's records on him. Money laundering, cyborg theft.... nothing even close to blowing up a bunch of people! She sighed. <p>Miun heard the door open. "I've put your clothes on the sink, sis." Mieu said.<p>"Thanks."<p>"No problem. You get all clean now, you hear?"<p>The sisters laughed, and Mieu shut the door. Miun focused her thoughts on the only other clue that Sain left: the Viren. Jager's techs had discovered that the cyborg had come from the "Trance" cyborg theft ring. The ring steals cyborgs, modify and reprograms them, and then sells them to the highest bidder. No doubt I'll be the one to deal with them, too<p>She grabbed the shampoo and began to wash her hair. As she did, she found herself thinking about Akar. The look on his face was one that Miun had never seen before. It almost seem that he knew me... perhaps he knew more about me than he said?<p>Miun shut the shower off and stood there a moment, dripping. One of the systems that Akar's corporation install in her to avoid detection also allowed her to easily dry off from showers. It caused the water to sheet of her body and into the tub.<p> She stepped out of the shower and looked at herself in the mirror, thinking, Then again, maybe not. What man wouldn't want to seen at dinner with me? After all, I look twenty, I'm tall and athletic... not to mention pretty. <p>She picked her necklace of the sink and frowned. The normally brilliant blue gem was brown with gunk, and the chain was so dirty that it was stiff. She carefully washed them off with a washrag. Much better... don't want to have that muck inside me.<p>Miun reached down and popped off a section of her stomach, revealing a small compartment underneath. The compartment was almost empty, save for a couple of pictures and the card that Mieu had given her on her first "birthday". She put the gold chain in the compartment, and then affixed the blue gem to it's holder on the compartment's back wall. The android then replaced the stomach plate, sealed the seams, and then put on the silk nightgown Mieu had brought her.<p>Her sister was still reading when Miun exited the bathroom in a cloud of steam. "Feeling better?" Mieu asked.<p>Miun shrugged as she sat down. "I do smell better, at any rate. So, what's going on?"<p>"The Earthman we saved a couple months ago showed up at our door. He's now asleep in my bed." Mieu replied.<p>"Really? What does he want?"<p>"He needs a identy card, new clothes, and somewhere to live."<p>Miun rubber her chin. "Hmmm.... I'll see what I can do in the morning."<p>"So, sis, what happened at the dance?" Mieu said with a sly smile.<p>Miun chuckled. "Well....
Amwhere

Postby LaconianShot » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:46 am

Great section, Amwhere. <br>Say, do you need it editted?
LaconianShot

Postby Siren » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:45 pm

I'll start, if it makes it easier Amwhere. I can edi<b>tt</b>. <p>By the way, good section.
Siren

Postby Amwhere » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:48 am

I couldn't help but chuckle at you two. (Brothers indeed!)<p>If you want me to help editttttqtt ( ;) ), I'd be more than happy to let you. What do you have in the way of word processors?<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Amwhere on [TIME]1091692100[/TIME]][/size]
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:33 am

Oh, one other thing...<p>If you had the chance to ask one (or many) questions to Mieu, what would you ask?
Amwhere

Postby Siren » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:44 pm

Are you a wet nurse? (lol, I'm actually joking)<p>I'm actually wondering when Mieu will start looking human, like she does in PSIII. Right now, it seems she is quite unpresentable as a human, and an obvious cyborg (android?).<p>Amwhere, are you going with the belief that they're cyborgs, or do you think that they're androids?<p>We both have Microsoft Word.<br>
Siren

Postby LaconianShot » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:46 pm

Word Processors...how does MS Word 2003 (If I'm not mistaken) sound to you?<br>If I was to ask Mieu a question...hm...wait, what type are we talking here? Personal? Social?
LaconianShot

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff