Phantasy Star Fan Game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:19 am

So, apparently it's already being done but I had my own ideas for a PSV... I already have a basic plot in mind and right now I'm planning on using RM2k3 unless I find a better system. The question, does anyone know of a better system, or where I could get some Phantasy Star Chipsets, OR would anyone be willing to help me out with any of those or even help me due to my somewhat limited knowledge of the Phantasy Star universe.
LaconianSandals

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby gm2987 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:01 pm

Storywriting is my thing really, even thought I'm trying to make a game.<p>Basic advice: If your not going to put your heart into it don't even start.
gm2987

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:14 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by gm2987</i><p>Storywriting is my thing really, even thought I'm trying to make a game.<p>Basic advice: If your not going to put your heart into it don't even start.<br></blockquote><p>I have every intention of my heart gonig into it, do you really think I'd start something like this, announce it in front of everybody, and not have my heart in it? What do you take me for? A slacker? I'm at school right now, so this post can't be too lengthy, but when I get the chance I'll include some of the details on the storyline and characters and such.
LaconianSandals

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:30 pm

Ok, as promised, here are the promised details.<p>Setting: The algo system, 1000 years after the defeat of the Profound Darkness. Motavia is starting to develop as more than a desert planet, this time due to self-established research begun by Professor Holt and Hahn (Professor can't remember his last name right now). The events of Phantasy Star IV have been recorded in Histories written by the ancient (and now long dead) priest, Raja of Dezolis. As such, it is commonly accepted that the Profound Darkness is dead and such Evil will no longer Plague the solar system. Due to the efforts of Piata's scholars, space travel has been re-established between the two planets remaining in the solar system. Bio-monsters are nothing more than a myth in these days, but the Hunter's Guild still remains as a mercenary police force as well as hired go-betweens. For the most part they only deal in petty crime however, as most of the solar system is presently at peace. Motavia now has an established dual government run by Palman's and Motavians together (Almost like a system of elected nobility, with Gryz's descendants wielding a large portion of political power, even though Gryz's days are long past) and the Dezorians have a similar cooperative government. It would seem as though Algo is experiencing a Golden Age.(This is where the Algo universe is at the beginning of the story, more details in later posts)
LaconianSandals

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby mikepjr » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:01 pm

Their is allot of "systems" that are better then 2003.<p>As is, game maker, games factory, and Rpg maker Xp, are way better then Rpg maker 2003.<p>What i will say is a bad idea, is to go with Rpg tool kit.<br>That thing sucks.<p>Rpg maker XP is really good, but it has a scripting feature and that makes it even better.<br>Rpg maker XP's only problem is the default battle engine, it sucks.<br><p>[size=small][Edit by mikepjr on [TIME]1127491364[/TIME]][/size]
mikepjr

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:22 pm

XP would work I guess... is the scripting feature easy to learn though? Also, the game will need some artistic talent (mostly drawing) something I am severely lacking. Is there anyone out there who would like to contribute artistic talent?
LaconianSandals

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby mikepjr » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Rpg maker XP's scripting feature is Ruby game scripting system, or RGSS.<p>It is not bad, actually that is what i am using, and right now you can not get it for free anymore.<p>Got to download.com, search for RPG Maker XP, if you want it you have to pay for it though,<br>download it, and then buy the license for 60$ credit card only.<br>And yes it is in fully English by ENTERBRAIN themselves.<p>Which it why you can not get it for free anyplace anymore.<p>I bought the Japanese version.<p>If you want to see what can be done with XP, check my fan game thread.<br>It is called phantasy star earths past.<p>I'm good with art, but i am already busy with my own project.<p>Right now, i am just about done with my battle engine.<br>
mikepjr

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:00 pm

Ah... problem there is me is broke. I think my friend has it though I'll just program it on his compy or something. Still lacking artistic talent though.
LaconianSandals

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby mikepjr » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:38 pm

Good luck there.<p>And don't let Enterbrain find out you have an illegal copy.<br>They are starting to come down hard on people now.<p>As for art talent, it seems like everyone is already busy with their own thing, so it may be hard to get anyone to help there.
mikepjr

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby gm2987 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:21 pm

If you want the best type of BS and one taht mostly relates to PS series use RPGMaker2000. And your storyline sounds interesting but I want to hear more.
gm2987

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:48 am

Well, the story starts with a yet unnamed Numan (character names are the hardest part for me). Unlike normal, this Numan is a knife/sword wielding male (though he still has the healing abilities common in Numans). He, hereafter referred to as HERO, is accepted for what he is because the (rare) experiments that have led to the creation of Numans are publicized. HERO is a Ranger (I think that's the right term, what Anna was in PS2? Kind of Hunter Hunters) who is hired by the Motavian government to investigate a terroristish event, supposedly a racial hate crime committed by Parman Hunters against Motavian farmers. The plot thickens from there... but here'es a rundown on HERO,<p>AGE: 8, but like other Numans, he atures mentally and physically at an accelerated rate.<br>Weapon Preference: Daggers and Knives, but is also quite talented with a sword<br>Prefers light armor in combat, skilled with healing and other similar techniques.<br>(combat wise kind of a Chaz/Rika cross)<br>While HERO was created in a lab as part of a project assisted by Demi (Wren, as far as is known, has been rendered inoperative by time) he has developed into a person with, basically, the mindselt of a young adult Parman (Mental Age of about 21 to 22). While he is "accepted" he is not liked because he's far different from everyone else. In his short youth he was subject to racial discrimination which made him detached toward other people's aggression. He is still very compassionate toward the hardship of others and does his Ranger work on a mostly volunteer basis. (there's more developement, but it's coming in pieces)
LaconianSandals

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LegoMuskCat » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:26 pm

Interesting so far. <p>
HERO is a Ranger (I think that's the right term, what Anna was in PS2?
<br>Anna wasn't a Ranger; she was a Guardian. :)
LegoMuskCat

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:46 pm

Guardians... still I had the right concept right? Basically Hunter Police.<p>Anyway, here's the next character to be outlined.<p>Fyrn<br>Motavian, age 19<br>Fights with an axe and heavy armor<br>A member of the town police in the town where HERO is investigating. He is HERO's contact with the local government that hired him, and accompanies him during his investigation. While he is willing to fight, he tries to avoid violence for the sake of his family.
LaconianSandals

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby Forge » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:17 am

That sounds pretty cool. I look forward to hearing more.
Forge

Phantasy Star Fan Game

Postby LaconianSandals » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:42 pm

Well, I'm trying to do this without giving away too many spoilers (and thus ruining the game for those who would play). So I'm trying to decide what characters to reveal and which ones to keep hush hush. Can RM2k or 2k3 be downloaded anywhere for free? or is it licenseded? I know that's a typo. Anyway, expect the next character to be revealed... sometime within the next week or so.
LaconianSandals

Next

Return to Fan stuff