Need free server for 20mb demo

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby gm2987 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:26 am

My demo's been done for awhile and only way to give it out as of now is over AIM or MSN (check other topic if you want to get it that way) however people have been asking me about it (AIM takes to long to download, among other things *wink*) Now then if someone knows a site that will allow me to upload a 20MB zip file (which contains the game) then please post on here so I can get it up! Note: Tryed PScaves server to upload it but my guess is that it wont upload to a 20mb file (Maybe if I can find a tracker I can make a torrent of it or something if I can't figure out anything else)
gm2987

Postby Ultema » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:36 am

Hmmm... I dn't really know how to help you in respect of a site, but I could make a common gmail account people could access if you have the game zipped (it won't take flat-out exe files, for example)... but gmail has one gig of storage :P<p>If that seems like an option, leave a message and I'll give you an invite so you can set up a gmail account everyone could access :o
Ultema

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:44 am

Hello Ultema! It's been 2-3 years since we spoke.<p>We first met on the PSDB when that other chick used IIUltemaII and took your name and you got pissed.<p>So how have you been?
Lord Khyron

Postby Ultema » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:51 am

Aaah! Hello!<p>Wow it's been a while, hasn't it?<p>I... lol, I'd nearly forgotten about that to tell you the truth, now that I look back it was entirely amusing (I think my friend was more annoyed than I was though o_O!) I've run into a couple others doing the same thing, it's quite odd. I'm fine though, thank you! How have you been? Aaa *brings convo back to introductions*
Ultema

Postby gm2987 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:10 am

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Ultema</i><p>Hmmm... I dn't really know how to help you in respect of a site, but I could make a common gmail account people could access if you have the game zipped (it won't take flat-out exe files, for example)... but gmail has one gig of storage :P<p>If that seems like an option, leave a message and I'll give you an invite so you can set up a gmail account everyone could access :o<br></blockquote>That could work yes, please do.<br>
gm2987

Postby gm2987 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:24 am

Doesn't work sadly, I get a page can't be displayed error, I'm re-editing the demo (including the names of the two main characters and other things) I'll work on making a torrent file of it or something, just need a tracker... Maybe Hongfire would allow me to?
gm2987

Postby Ultema » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:33 am

really o_O that's insane. How odd... perhaps I could try for you while you work on that? of course... how you'd get it to me is another thing entirely, hm :( I'm sorry about that.
Ultema

Return to Fan stuff