My Fanfic, Thread II (New section, 9/20)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Siren » Mon May 30, 2005 12:26 am

Hey, it's alright. We're all pretty busy. I should re-read, because I've forgot alot of the details...
Siren

Postby Amwhere » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:50 am

Post forum crash bump!
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:58 pm

With the air now clear, Mieu realized that she was very close to were Miun died. She brought the Land Rover to a halt and hopped out of the cab.<p>Mieu stared at the sand under which Miun was buried. She didn't cry; she had a thousand years to come to terms about never seeing her sister again. The android saw a faint heat sigature coming from underneath the sand, but she dismissed it as her mind playing tricks on her,<p>She turned back back to the land rover, and then stopped Figuring it couldn't hurt to double check, she asked her backup AI if there was indeed a heat signature under the sand. To her complete surprise, the AI confirmed the observation. <p>Can it be? Mieu thought to herself, Can Miun still be alive down there?<p>Mieu dug furiously into the sand with her bare metal hands and uncovered an arm. It was Miun's right arm, which, when Mieu saw Miun last, had been ripped off. Mieu's hope flared brighter. Miun's power and repair systems must be active, and there could be some chance that Miun might still be alive. That possabilty made Mieu work even harder, and she quickly uncovered the rest of her sister's body.<p>Miun's clothes were in tatters but the skin underneath was in perfect condition, as if whatever caused the damage to occur had never happened. The was no reason Mieu could see that explain why Miun was unconcious, and all Mieu's sensors picked up was the normal readings created by her sister's spoofing system.<p>Mieu put her hand on her sister's temple. She applied a very specfic series of electral current and pressures that only she and Miun knew. A very small patch of skin came off in Mieu's hand, revealing a dataport. Opening a small panel on the back her hand, Mieu pulled out a thin cable and connected it to the dataport.<p>Mieu was now directly connected to her sister's subsystems that handled the interaction between Miun's brain and body. The subsystems also included the sub-AI that took over if Miun was incapatated in some way.<p>After some investigation, Mieu found that the system responable for bringing Miun back to conciousness was caught in a loop; it was getting stuck somewhere and starting over. A bit more digging revealed that the subsystem that enforced orders had been removed, and the awakening program couldn't function without it.<p>Mieu could have replaced the control program, but she quickly decided against it. She wasn't sure how Miun removed the program, but she wasn't going to be the one that put her sister back in shakles. Instead, she rewrote that part of the awakening program, and disconnected herself.<p>Mieu had just finished stowing the connector cable when Miun sat up, blinked, and said "Mieu? What I am I doing in Aridia?"<p>"You don't remember how you got here?"<p>Miun shook her head. "No. The last thing I remember is entering the palace with Orakio... then, here, now, looking at you? What happened?"<p>"I don't know. We found you wandering the desert with an arm missing and half your face gone, searching for Orakio. After you saw Orakio's sword, you collasped... I thought you had died, so I took your claws. I can give them back to you, if you want."<p>"That's alright, sis. You've earned them." Miun rubbed the sand off her chin. "Something very bad must have happened then..." Miun sighed. "Perhaps it is a blessing that I don't remember anything. Where's Orakio?"<p>"Orakio disappeared a thousand years ago."<p>"A thousand... I've been here for a thousand years?"<p>Mieu nodded.<p>"That explains why I'm completely dry. Do you have some water?"<p>Mieu went to the back of the of the sandrover and retrieved a large container of water, while Miun continued. "Did Orakio defeat Dark Force? Was his death not in vain?" Miun sounded as if she wanted to break down in tears, although she couldn't until she had some water.<p>"No," Mieu sat the water jug down in front of her sister, "But he did seal it for a thousand years."<p>"So Dark Force returned then?"<p>Mieu nodded. "I was part of the group that defeated him."<p>Miun smiled at her sister. "Well done, Mieu. If you will excuse me..." Miun opened the jug and drank it in one straight pull. "That's better. You know, our sisters would have ran out of power if they were in my place."<p>"Yes... we're lucky we're so redundant."<p>"Indeed we are." Thanks, Dad. Miun thought to herself, spitting out the sand that had collected in her mouth. "What are you doing out here, anyway?"<p>Mieu told her sister the important events that had happened since Rhys found her sixty years ago.<p>Miun smiled, revealing that there was sand caked to her teeth. "I'm proud of you, sis. You did what Orakio could not; you defeated Dark Force."<p>"Not without help."<p>"Orakio had Laya, Siren, and myself to help him. It seems that we could only manage a draw."<p>Mieu nodded.<p>"And, now, we are about to land on a new world; and we'll see things our creator could never imagine."<p>"Well, you can explore Earth, if you want, sis."<p>"You can come with me."<p>"I doubt my master would allow it."<p>"Master? You mean..."<p>"Yes, my sister. I, unlike you, still have to take orders from others."<p>Miun reached out and held her sister's hands. "I'm so sorry Mieu. Pyre had always meant to release you too, but he was never ready to do so."<p>"I'm used to being ordered around. That's what robots are for, right?"<p>"Mundane ones, yes." Miun wrapped her arms around her sister. "But not you. I wanted you to be free as long as I have been free... but that wasn't my choice to make."<p>"I know, sis."<p>"Orakio gave me something to give you just before we left to battle Dark Force. I'm not sure why he didn't give it to you personally, though. It's in my stomach compartment; I'll give it to you when I get a chance too. I've got enough sand in me already."<p>Mieu smiled. " I suppose you do. Come on, let's get going."<p>The sisters climbed in the the sandrover's cab as the sandstorm returned with full fury.
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:23 am

I'm sorry this took so long.... I'm going to start updating more freqently now.<br>If you're a regular reader, feel free to post. It lets me know you care. :) <p>The winds buffeted the sand rover as Mieu drove at a crawl towards the cave that lead to Landen dome. Turning to Miun, Mieu said, "How are you, Miun? You've been through a lot these last thousand years."<p>Miun frowned. "It's not good, sis."<p>"What? How so?"<p>"My auto-repair systems made a mess of jury rigs to get my power systems back up and running."<p>"How long is it going to take to make proper repairs?"<p>Miun sighed. "I'd have to be hooked up to a large power source for two or three days."<p>"There are plenty of taps in the hanger area."<p>Miun nodded. "I know, but it will take us a least a couple days to do what we need to do. I don't know how long these repairs will hold out."<p>"Just how bad would it be, Miun?"<p>"I'd be on emergency reserves; I'd be immobile until I was hooked up to some sort of power source."<p>"I'll take care of you, sis, whatever happens."<p>Miun reached over and hugged her sister. "I know you will, Mieu. I know you will."
Amwhere

Postby Malakai » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:25 pm

Ah, good. I thought you had flaked out like so many other fan writers.
Malakai

Postby Amwhere » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:28 pm

I've got something like a 70 page backlog to type, and it's getting greater everyday. I'm just flaking off on typing things, not writing them. :)
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:12 am

AW 1278, City of Techna, Palma<p>Miun emerged from her room wearing a long black dress that framed her athletic build quite nicely.<p>Mieu looked up from the book she was buried in. "How much did that cost, sis?"<p>"Too much." Miun answered.<p>There was a knock on the door. "Coming," she called out, adding under her breath, "He's two seconds late!"<p>Mieu giggled. "Have fun."<p>The chauffeur, unlike the one Jager had hired, was human. "Good evening, ma'am," his voice was impeccable, "If you will follow me?"<p>Miun followed the white haired driver down the stairs to the waiting hover car. Akar spared no expense, she thought to herself as she sat down on the luxurious back seat, But when you're the sixth richest man on Palma, I guess you can do that.<p>After a perfectly smooth ride, they arrived at the restaurant. The building was of the blue dome style favored in Camineet, and it looked completely out of place in amongst Techna's grey, block like structures.<p>The chauffeur lead her to the front door, and the head waiter opened it for her. "You're Miss Rydori, yes?" The waiter spoke with a strong Camineet accent, "Mister Sa Rilk is waiting for you." The waiter took Miun through the dining room into a small back room. Miun detected the unmistakable presence of a sound suppressing field.<p>"Mister Sa Rilk is in the bathroom, and will be with you in a moment," the waiter said, pulling out the finely crafted wooden chair, "Please have a seat."<p>Shortly after Miun sat, Akar entered the room. "Miun! It's nice to see you again."<p>"Likewise."<p>"I'd like to thank you for that dance we had."<p>That's it? Miun thought to herself. "Of course."<p>"I did a little digging," Akar said abruptly.<p>Here it comes, Miun said to herself.<p>"And I've found out what you are, Miun."<p>"Huh?" Miun acted confused, "I'm a colonel in the military. Anyone can find that out."<p>"That's not what I'm talking about, Miun. It took a call to a high place to find this out."<p>"General Pyre?" Miun asked, hoping.<p>"The one and only."<p>"Then you know that..."<p>Akar interrupted her. "That my date is a highly illegal uncontrolled sentient android? Yes, I do."<p>Miun nodded.<p>"I found out that you were created by someone in my company. Who is secret information, hidden even from me. Do you anything about who created you?"<p>Miun shook her head. "No. When I was activated for the first time, there was a Doctor Lenz there. He said that he wasn't my creator, though."<p>Akar nodded. "I can believe that. Lenz is a fine scientist, but there's no way he could have created something... someone as extraordinary as yourself. What happened after you were activated? I know some things, but not all of it."<p>Miun hesitated for a moment, unsure on whether or not to answer. If Pyre told him about me, I don't think withholding how I was trained really matters. "I was put through a long series of tests just after I was activated to make sure I was functioning properly."<p>"All of our products go through that..." He stopped and shook his head. "No offense, Miun. You have no right to be called a product."<p>"None taken, Akar."<p>Akar nodded. "Thank you. Please go on."<p>"After the tests I was trained."<p>"Why? You're a robot, Miun. Why couldn't you just be programmed with the knowledge you need?"<p>"I was born knowing a lot of things," answered Miun, "but I had no experience, and experience trumps knowledge any day."<p>"True. How long did your training last?" <p>To Miun, it almost seemed like Akar was disinterested in what she was saying. "Twenty hours a day for four straight years."<p>Akar whistled. "Only an android could do that. Why didn't you train the entire day?"<p>"The other four hours were our own time. Most of us used it as a change to gain social experience, which you can't really train for. Some of my sisters took things a bit too far, though, but none of us ratted them out."<p>"A little too far? It's not important. What did your training consist of?"<p>"A lot of things: Combat, demolitions, hacking, forensics, forging... if it could have any use to us, they made us experts in it. Now," Miun leaned forward in her chair and cupped her chin in her hand, "android or not, I am your date tonight. Are you going to show me a good time, or are you going to break out the toolkit and take me apart?"<p>Akar blushed. "I'm sorry, Miun. I forgot myself." He pressed the button on the table and the head waiter immediately stepped into the room. "What do you want, Miun?" Akar asked her.<p>"Whatever you're having is fine."<p>"We'll both have the stuffed chripper." Akar said to the waiter, "and a bottle of your finest."<p>The waiter nodded. "Very good, sir." He exited the room.<p>"I don't really like wine," Miun said.<p>"Neither do I. Oh well, I'll just have to buy the restaurant so I don't have to pay the check."<p>Miun laughed.<p>The food was delivered, and the pair found it to be bland and rather uninspired. "For this price," Akar said, "I'd expect food better than what I could make at home."<p>"No kidding," Miun said.
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:12 am

This hasn't died by a long shot... but my 70 page backlog is something like a 200 page backlog now. :)
Amwhere

Postby Amwhere » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:16 am

I've tossed it out and started over - I'm become a much better writer that I was back then, and I wanted to use a different approach.
Amwhere
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Fan stuff