Screen shots and Story from Fallen Planet; non-linear fan ga

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:51 am

Phantasy Star- Fallen Planet<br>---Warning! Adult language!------<br>Non-linear storyline! You decide to be a nice guy or jerk!<br>Over 15 cities!<br>Over 30 Mazes and caves!<br>12 playable characters!<br>Three vehicles featuring; the Hovercraft, the Landrover, and the Airship (piloted by an old friend!)<br>The year is AW 1284. The planet of Palm is known for it's affluent culture and beautiful cities. But unknown to the rest of the solar sytem is that all is not well on the green planet, and a dark cloud of doom hangs over it's citizens. You are Jams, an infamous mercenary for hire whose dubious morals can be considered both ingenious and despicable. With an eye for the beautiful women of Palm, and a nose for trouble; he and his best friend and conscience, Josh embark on a quest to find out who trashed Jams' house after he returns home from a job, and this leads them down paths they couldn't ever imagine.<br>Download the demo here:<br>https://secure.logmein.com/go.asp?page=click2share&ticket=ZHGdRAhBhy6FZ3U%2E3raFxzJb5KMa1EL9wUhIN4trZ4c <br> <br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<p>Also I heard from Missagh today and sent him the demo. Hopefully we'll see the game on the site soon!<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1108979199[/TIME]][/size]
Jamesfnquinn

Postby gm2987 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:02 pm

Nice, although in my personal oppion PS1/PS2 graphics don't blend well togeather, but it looks a lot better then how FTG's city was built (Sorry but it was) and it tops mine by far (I used RTP XD)
gm2987

Postby LaconianShot » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:30 pm

Nice! Can't wait to play it! Mayhaps it will satisfy my Phantasy Star craving?
LaconianShot

Postby Siren » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:17 pm

Looks very nice! You obviously put alot of time and effort into it to make it a quality game.
Siren

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:43 pm

Thanks everyone for all your comments! It's very encouraging. I'm working on an expanded demo now, as the one that is currently out ends after you leave the first continent (Abion and Loar City), the expanded demo I'm working on will give you access to the continent with Bortevo (yes it's been destroyed again) and Gothic, as well as three more PC's to play, and tons of story. I'll let you know as progress continues but it should only take me a couple weeks. Also I'm going to post more screen shots today, I'm actually not happy with the ones I put up. =)<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1108759497[/TIME]][/size]
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Benoit » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:48 pm

Looks very nice! Keep up the good work.
Benoit

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:00 pm

Heres some more screen shots for ya. I'm not all that thrilled with these ones either. I suppose I underestimated how hard it was to get a good screenshot! =) But trust me, the game is visually very nice. For 16 bit graphics anyway. Click on one to get a larger view.<p>Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image <p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1108764148[/TIME]][/size]
Jamesfnquinn

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:15 am

I love the integrated graphics and all the screenshots, but my dial-up connection is screaming obscenities at you.
LaconianShot

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:58 am

Sorry bro. The game is about 40mb. It'll be worth the wait I promise. :)
Jamesfnquinn

Postby LaconianShot » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:13 pm

Hahaha! Downloaded the game and it indeed was worth the wait. Very nicely done... and I found something very cool...<br>In the bar, there's a hole in the wall that leads to a room where you can get 10,000 EXP and 1000 Meseta just by inspecting it. You can obtain this little suprise an infinite amount of times. It's cool to outfit yourself in the best armor and be leagues above most monsters, but I think I'll replay the thing honestly to truly experience the game.<br>
LaconianShot

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:25 pm

Haha! So you found the special cheat in the Flying Dragon Bar? Good job! I was hoping someone would find it. I put it there in case someone was getting frustrated and wanted to move things along faster. Another special easter egg for you is after you get Karl to join your party (you have to do the "kill puppy" side-quest to get him), return to the weapon shop in Abion to get the sweet hook-up!
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:15 am

Here's the landscape of Palm circa AW 1284...<p>Image
Jamesfnquinn

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:27 am

It certainly was well hidden, though I would recommend not including it in the full version of the game.<br>In case anyone's wondering, I'm a total jerk in the game... I killed Tad and Plumb's father. Though, I'm polite to the nice looking women, but I couldn't resist cussing Tad out...<br><p>[size=small][Edit by LaconianShot on [TIME]1108870115[/TIME]][/size]
LaconianShot

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:35 am

Just wondering...did you get to the Mad Doctor cult sidequest yet?
Jamesfnquinn

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:42 am

No. I just got past the part where some chick drugs me. Now I don't know what to do. I talked to some guy who wanted a favor and said he'd call me on the Visiphone, but hasn't.
LaconianShot

Next

Return to Fan stuff