Screen shots and Story from Fallen Planet; non-linear fan ga

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:45 am

Go and talk to bartender in the Flying Dragon with Karl in your party. (He gave you the clue when he joined)
Jamesfnquinn

Postby KexMex » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:37 am

This game looks very good! I... need... to... play...
KexMex

Postby Daren The King » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:35 pm

The Game looks interesting Jamesfnquinn. It's weird how the old PS1 graphics bring out some nostalgia :D<p>How did you post those screens anyway?<p>Might have to try it out soon, although I do have to finish my demo first ;)<p>Daren
Daren The King

Postby =Aoiga= » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:41 pm

I love non-linear games!<p>And a PS one is great news for me. Good luck on your project. :)
=Aoiga=

Postby gm2987 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:01 pm

Where can I get it thats NOT though my email (my email hates me and when you sent it to me before I couldn't use hotmail for a few days becuasae the messages wouldn't download XD
gm2987

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:31 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by KexMex</i><p>This game looks very good! I... need... to... play...<br></blockquote><p>Hey bro, send me your email adress and I'll send you an ftp link!<br>That goes for anyone else. =)
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:36 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by gm2987</i><p>Where can I get it thats NOT though my email (my email hates me and when you sent it to me before I couldn't use hotmail for a few days becuasae the messages wouldn't download XD<br></blockquote><p>Here's an FTP link for you guys! Yay!<p> https://secure.logmein.com/go.asp?page=click2share&ticket=ZHGdRAhBhy6FZ3U%2E3raFxzJb5KMa1EL9wUhIN4trZ4c <br>https://secure.logmein.com/go.asp?page=click2share&ticket=ZHGdRAhBhy6FZ3U%2E3raFxzJb5KMa1EL9wUhIN4trZ4c<p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1108932750[/TIME]][/size]<br><p>[size=small][Edit by Jamesfnquinn on [TIME]1108932919[/TIME]][/size]
Jamesfnquinn

Postby LaconianShot » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:18 pm

Now that I'm back, it's time for some serious playing!
LaconianShot

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:31 pm

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by LaconianShot</i><p>Now that I'm back, it's time for some serious playing!<br></blockquote><p>Thanks bro! I hope you enjoy! Check out these screenshots from version 2 of my demo. I've eliminated most of the stock rtp graphics and enemies and replaced them with more authentic PS stuff. Also, the next demo will have about 4 times the playing time in terms of story. I'm really proud of how the evil and good storylines are developing, and I think you guys will like it too. <p>Image Image Image Image Image
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Gipper » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:55 pm

This is one hell of a game! Only you need to lower the Encounter <br>Rating in the first cave, I keep getting attacked every four steps, <br>and that is not cool.
Gipper

Postby gm2987 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:16 pm

If you want PS4 monster sets I've ripped a whole set nearly so I can send them though AIM if you want them. *has ripped very single monster type in PS4, as well as every DF and all forms of PD*<p>All you would need to do is give me credit for editing Wolfgang's gif rips (give him credit over me :P)<p>so if you want them pm me XD<br><p>[size=small][Edit by gm2987 on [TIME]1109708425[/TIME]][/size]
gm2987

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:24 pm

Thanks GM! I actually debated using PS4 monsters, but they were the only ones I couldn't justify including in this game. You know, cause they spawned a 1000 years later and everything. The PS 3 monsters were kind of a stretch in using, but I can justify those.<br>Also I agree about the encounter ratio. It will be fixed, I promise. =)
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Siren » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:14 pm

Oooh. Looks nice, though I recommend a few things:<p>1) The old Robotcops (the guards, not the actual robots) need to be improved, and perhaps you can paint a pixel portrait instead of the Guard face they have now.<br>2) The characters seem pretty good, but the sprites seem to be missing something. Do you know what I mean?<p>Anyways, I'll think of more. The dialogue is great, by the way.
Siren

Postby Jamesfnquinn » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:04 am

Hey Siren, I know exactly what you mean. The dialogue portraits for the guards right? I agree they need to look more true. <br>Also, in regards to the characters, I agree that I put some of them together a little too quickly. I don't know if I'll be able to improve them by my self-imposed deadline of March 9th for the next release, but thay'll definitely be looking slick by the time the game is finalized.<p>BTW- I totally appreciate the imput and constructive critisim. Keep it coming. =)
Jamesfnquinn

Postby Siren » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:13 am

Okay. It's alright if you don't make your release date, but as long as I know it will look better in the finalized version.<p>Also, the guard sprites themselves need to be improved, too. They look basic in comparison to Jams (cool name).<p>PS: My favourite dialogue right now: <br>Josh: "I'm going to kick you square in the balls for not respecting my authority!"<p>:P
Siren

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff