Phantasy Star Movie Screenplay

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Phantasy Star Movie Screenplay

Postby Bryar_McGowan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:00 pm

I am a college student in the States and I am writing a script for the first Phantasy Star. I want to base it on the game as much as I can but I will need help from other Phanatics for ideas and editing help. I want to make this a group project for all of us and I want to see it come into fruition on the big screen. If we can do this, imagine how this could be a classic that will be loved for generations to come like the Star Wars movies. Any help would be appriciated. If anyone wants to help, please post a reply or send me a private e-mail.
Bryar_McGowan
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby LegoMuskCat » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:50 pm

The idea sounds interesting, but wouldn't Sega want some rights? :p
Last edited by LegoMuskCat on Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:07 pm

Actually, a previous user here did finish a ps movie script year ago (if I remember it right). His name is Kevin and he sent me the copy but I never published it as there is not point of adding a fanfic section when there is already a huge one elsewhere. I did advice him to send it to ps pages so see if you can find it here:
http://www.phantasy-star.net/fanfics/fiction.html

other than that, go for it. I myself have written several screenplays and are currently writing one so I might be of some guideline if I find the time.

Best luck,
Last edited by Missagh on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby thriwren » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:38 am

Missagh wrote:Actually, a previous user here did finish a ps movie script year ago (if I remember it right). His name is Kevin and he sent me the copy but I never published it as there is not point of adding a fanfic section when there is already a huge one elsewhere. I did advice him to send it to ps pages so see if you can find it here:
http://www.phantasy-star.net/fanfics/fiction.html

other than that, go for it. I myself have written several screenplays and are currently writing one so I might be of some guideline if I find the time.

Best luck,
I was about to mention that some one already did it. But I think it is to "Hollywood". Did a decent job on it.
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Bryar_McGowan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:17 pm

I know that there would be some problems with the whole copyright with Sega, but if a producer were to like the script and would think it could make money, then all the rights for the movie would be taken care of. I have seen a script for a PS movie a while back but it didn't follow the story or the fan cannon any more than the Gor movies followed the books. If there was to be a script made, I would want it to follow not only the game but also the back story and the rest of the PS cannon that is noted as common knowledge.

I've been thinking though of the relationships between the characters a lot over the past two years and have been adding a lot in my mind about them to make the story a bit more human and emotional. Such as a marriage between Nero and Suelo, a possible love intrest with Alisa and Noah Lutz (mostly because Noah's age really isn't discussed so he could be about 20 if Alis is 17.), and having Odin not only as the leader of the resistance but having him as one of the junior gaurds for the Ossale throne. I want to have more back story not only for the world but for the characters themselves. If anyone could give me any ideas or sugestions...
Bryar_McGowan
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby The PS Logo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:28 pm

I agree with you about the rights, as Sega would be concerned about this if the director wanted to make a profit from a Phantasy Star movie. I can't see them doing that to a movie that'll be free to watch.
The PS Logo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Return to Fan stuff