Reflections on Raja Adventure....

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Reflections on Raja Adventure....

Postby Missagh » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:54 pm

So has anyone tried out Raja's Adventure yet? If so, then please tell us what you think. Me and Rodrigo (in fact, I owe him that, as he has been waiting for this game to be added here for years now) will appreciate it. Even though the fan game was just added to this site, it has been released elsewhere for a great while now.

I never completed Chaz Adventure but enjoyed it a lot. Sure have some memories there :)

Best regards,
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:57 pm

I completed it a half year ago, when I finally got off my ass to play it. I knew about it one year earlier, put it off, and eventually forgot about it.

It's a hard game that could use some tweaking, but the story is nice, especially the directed parts! That's as much as I can say without spoiling it.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:13 am

I've just started playing it today. I love RPG2k, got a game of my own in the works too. 8)

What I like most about Raja's adventure so far is the 'joke' option in the menu. Tee hee... :lol:
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby kilderok » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:55 pm

Haha, I KNOW I'll enjoy Raja Adventure--I can't get enough of that old man. :D
kilderok
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Raja Adventure story

Postby rodrigo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:17 pm

first I would like to thank Benoit for testing the game so we could do the 1.2 patch for the game.

Them I would like to know your thoughts about the story of the game

If you haven't played don't read this message cause there will be spoilers

The following questions passed through my mind in the making of the game. What is the eclipse torch? what is it origin? What does it do?
What happened to the palmans that lived in dezoris in ps1?
Did any palman worldship fell in dezoris?
What did the espers do between ps2 and ps4?
...and so on...

and so we made up this

the origin of the eclipse torch is linked to the destruction of a dark force back in the time of the dezans... Esper mansion stands on the place were used to be altiplam city that was burned down by this dark force and a musk cat sacrificed itself in the flames and the resulting fire is the flame of the eclipse torch. But this dark force is not totally killed and refugees himself in the satellite of dezoris and another dezorian desan called kuralir gets a bad influence from this dark force and since then tries to destroy the eclipse torch.

So this dark force every 100 years make an eclipse on dezoris plus some earthquakes the only thing that stops him is the eclipse torch. By the way ps1 script says :" - An eclipse occurs on this planet once every hundred years. A torch lit during an eclipse is called an "Eclipse Torch" and is regarded as holy by the Dezorians.
This fire was lit during the eclipse which occurs once every 100 years. If you... "

So every 100 years the dezorian in some fancy ceremony shows the eclipsetorch to the sky in the exact moment of the eclipse preventing this dark force of ganing power
and them
I found this in ps2 script:
" The reason the accident happened on the day of a solar eclipse was because the Palm
people didn't pray.
- The Palm people were punished because they didn't take good care of the eclipse-torch."

from that I made up that the dezorian had since lost the eclipse torch and the palmans have been keeping it since alis found it in ps1. But when the palmans escaped dezoris because of the gas problem of ps2 they took the eclipse torch. And this happened just before palma destruction so the eclipse torch is in one of the worldships, one that is very damaged and falls back to dezoris.
so it has passed 900 years since the eclipse torch is lost and the dark force that lives in dezors satellite has gained a lot of power and the earthquakes and eclipses are getting stronger. Until raja adventure starts and he finds back the eclipes torch and goes to kill the dark force on the satellite

Other thing we thought about was that there could be other dezorian underground cities and them we made up Riem and Audnu.

and them we have a peligrination of all the dezorians to see the eclipse torch in gumbios. But the eclipse torch has been lost since ps2, so what the dezorians see till raja adventure is a fake ...

Another thing .When the palmans were in dezoris in ps1 they depleted all laconia but they didn´t use all of it so there is a some in every worldship....

so what do you think?
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:26 pm

It's a nice theory making for some good fan fiction/game, but I never understood this from the game, which is unfortunate, unless the game isn't meant to tell that.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby rodrigo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Phantasy star games are meant to be mysterious and open for interpretation, but there are some hints of the plot on the game.
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby jfmarchini » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:43 pm

We left some hints in a few comments around the game, and in books in some of the cities.
jfmarchini
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby ipfxtwin » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:51 am

I just beat the game last night. It was pretty difficult but manageable. The story line was pretty good, there are a few things I wish I have seen more of though. More towns and more people to interact with, the whole day and night concept was pretty cool though. The telepipe only taking you to one place was kinda dull, but there weren't many other places to go I suppose. The Fire and Ice dews were an interesting touch, though I never figured out what either of them did ( same with the carrot )

Overall though, the engine was well made, and this game really felt like a genuine Phantasy Star game. Aside from the minor iffys I still liked it enough to play it all the way through
Obedience is submission veiled with gravity, I let NOTHING limit or define me
ipfxtwin
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby rodrigo » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:45 am

If I remember the fire dew increase your attack by 15 points and the ice dew increases your mind points.

carrot cures blind status....

Good to know you liked it.

did you played the patched version o f the game?
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby ipfxtwin » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:47 pm

Yeah, I was able to play the patched version. Funny thing is that I never managed to get blind status at all.
Obedience is submission veiled with gravity, I let NOTHING limit or define me
ipfxtwin
Pinchant
Pinchant

Return to Fan stuff