Phantasy Star V - Fan Game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:50 pm

I wonder how Zio could have had descendants. o_O
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby HTD » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:58 pm

It isnt a daughter of Zio.
Most likely one of Zio's family members carried on the line, for the sake of arguments I will say his younger sister or something like that.
Although the plot points are still in the works Zio would be considered a great failure to his family for not achieving the bloodlines goals, being played off as a pawn by Dark Force.

Compare the whole Lutz storyline, the way Lutz was put in a position to stop evil in the world even if it meant being passed to one host to another for years upon years.
Zios family line is perhaps the opposite to the Lutz line.

I think Zio obviously got the knowlege about Dark Force from somewhere and therefore I find it quite reasonable that his father might have endowered him with this knowlege.

Tell me what you think about those ideas as it helps bouncing ideas off the other members here.
Makes the story become much more solid
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby rodrigo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:39 pm

ok here are my comments on the story revealed till now

I didn't get what the comet is doing, I mean a comet can't make an eclipse over motavia and dezoris at the same time, or where you speaking metaphorically?

one thing that was always poorly explored in the ps series is religion. So it is a good place to start. Wouldn't the events of ps4 be such an important moment that it would change religion and even start new ones, it could be accompanied with the arrival of new kind of prophet. The old religion kind of loose sense since the profound darkness does not exist anymore, they have to change.

Why is there a guy called Aiedo? it is a city's name...

KEI = NEI??

How can the great light be split in two? he never got reunited with the profound darkness. There is no dark in the light.

I really don´t like games where everything is doomed from the beginning. Ps2 for example begins with everything rather perfect, I mean perfect job, perfect friend and a perfect computer running everything. On Raja Adventure I tried to do that. The big disaster of the game should develop with the game in this way you get more involved with it.

one major problem of a PSV is that the Algo system hasn't got a function anymore. It is not a seal anymore, it is just a regular system like the solar. So if dark force would come back why would he want to have anything to do with the algo system ? revenge?

How to put PS3 in the story? that is difficult. But you could put palm in the story. Neilast idea for a new palm is great.
Or maybe everything could really be doomed and somebody gets the plans to construct ps3 world ships and they are trying to make some ships. Or there could be a mission to find all missing world ships. Or they find a world ship that was constructed in motavia or dezoris but was never used.

I think of Zio as minor boss, just some crazy guy, forget zio. Why not a bad esper, a bad lutz. After so many lives why not a life dedicated to bad things. If there is anyone in the galaxy that has the knowledge of making a dark force that someone is Lutz. That could make sense since lutz only has a function when there is a dark force. Maybe there hasn't been a lutz for a lot of time since we don't need one. Someone finds lutz's telemental orb and gets all his knowledge and that someone could be zio decedent...

what do you think?
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby HTD » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:40 pm

Excellent Ideas here.

Okay so I am going to take a little time and write out a description of the story, once I have it more planned out.
It looks like I will be taking on board a lot of what you all have commented on.

The Aeido thing was meant to be the fact he was King of Aeido but your right its just confusing and silly.

Personally I cant see Lutz/Rune not being in this game and being good.
I do like the idea of the Bad Esper though Im not sure I can have one without getting rid of the other, starting to get inspiration from it so maybe I'll try it out and post the concept.
I also agree to you on the fact that it was a silly idea to split the great light in two when all it would do is produce another mini great light :hits myself on the head for being so stupid:.

From the rough premises this is what I have so far:

Nothing is in stone at the moment, just some ideas.
If a writer or writers want to get on board or point me towards their fan fiction please pm me and let me know, thanks.

Dark Force, The Profound Darkness and all other traces of Evil are no longer in Algo.

Chaz and Friends were never recognized for saving Algo and many myths over who saved the planets have spawned causing many rival religious factions to develope.

With a lack of belief over Dark Force people finally started to turn their backs on these churches and began living for themselves.
Wars broke out between Religeous factions and normal people.

A democratic parliament was formed to maintain peaceful co-exsistance between religeous factions and races.

A destroyed ship registered as Alisa III enters Algos atmosphere.
The goverment conclude it is the survivng ship from Palm.
The relect ship must be at least 1000 years old.

Space is sectioned off due to undisclosed reasons.
Planets are put under house arrest and cannot leave the atmosphere to visit fellow Algo planets.

The public are notified that it is for their own safety untill the Goverments of Algo have concluded their research into the Alisa III.

Suddenly a great disturbance in the weather of the Algo system has yet again occured, Biomonsters are once again walking the planets surfaces.

The religeous churchs claim Dark Force has returned, people start to believe this is a reality when they witness Biomonsters and extreme enviromental changes ravage their towns and lands.

(The truth is Dark Force hasnt returned at all and that a decendent of Zio is using the remains of the Alisa III to generate Biomonsters and Numens genetically.

The possibility of reviving Dark Force isnt a concearn to Her, using the fear that Dark Force generates is a far better incentive and gives her ultimate power that she could have never had if she became a pawn of Dark Force.)

Note:

Not Nei from PS2 or PS Memorial Cd

Okay so those are some ideas but like I said its obvious my work isnt done and I wont rest untill the story is correct and the community can agree with it at least 90%.

Even if its disheartening to not have got it right the first time, Im glad Rodrigo and BenoitRen have been so quick to pick up on the stuff that makes no sense or conflicts the previous games.
This will eventually lead to a more rounded story that we can all be proud about.

Nothings final expect alot to change guys.
Even the characters I post above might change drastically.
Thanks
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:09 pm

Thinking about this, did people ever know about Dark Force in the first place? If the PSIV heroes were never recognised, and thus their tales don't mean anything, nobody would believe that something named Dark Force ever existed.
BenoitRen

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 am

Maybe I can use that for an advantage.
There must have been curiousity over where all the Biomonsters vanished and dwindled in numbers.
Some one like a prophet could take responsibility for it.
I am sure the Espers were aware of a Dark Force to a certain degree but no way as much as Rune and his comrads become aware of it.

Other concearns is if the Alisa III escaped from Palma then what time period was that, I've heard it was during ps4 and a little after that Rhys adventure takes place.
Maybe if the Alisa III some how returned to the Algo system because someone was able to track the ships and draw them back to their launch destination.
In PS4 there is a slight reference to this in the fact that the computer screen is displaying a similar type of vessel.
So they must have been tracking them.

Man this is so confusing maybe it would be easier just retconning PS3 from the storyline.

That way I can use the Evil Lutz idea or even a genetics idea similar to the mother brain that is creating the monsters.

I did have an idea of letting the player explore the derelict Alisa III and meeting up with Mieu allowing her to join the party.

In some ways there would be a chance of extracting the remenants of Dark Force from the Alisa III but to be honest I think it just makes sense to not have Dark Force at all and just work on a different angle altogether.

I like the idea of the Evil in the game being the corruptness of the leaders of the Algo system and a kind of synthetic Evil, instead of Dark Force.

As for another Nei even that isnt really logical but I really love her design and kinda wish I could implement her in it.
I think the story is going to have to be thought out clearly before I make a next post.

Then you guys can give your input into it and hopefully it will work out better than the previous ideas.

Thanks for the comments
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Lord Khyron » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:47 am

HTD.. Make up your own story. Do it yourself. If you keep showing it, you will always have something SOMEONE will get pissed off at. You'll never finish a plot then.

Just like the person who couldn't understand that Zio could have descendants or a family.. Zio coulda gotten laid and had an illegitimate child or two..

Or the person who doesn't understand how the Gl could be two people. Well the PD and GL were once ONE power that split.

If you pull a Xenogears approach, Le Roof is the Will aka Lacan and something could be it's dying body lost Aka Grahf. USING this reasoning, someone could pull a Earthmen approach.

In Ps 2, Nei first was part of the Rebirth of the PD. So a evil scientist could make a perfect body and try and trap Le Roof's spirit into it resurrecting the Great Light and making it evil.

Stop downgrading his story and let him plot it out. There will always be something you disagree with. Let him create his own story and enjoy it. Stop TRYING to get him to make YOUR STORY in HIS GAME. If you want a damn story without a Zio bastard, MAKE ONE!

Besides, If PLOT is so freaking important, then how do you explain ff 1/2/3 for the NES? Hell how do you explain the other ridiculous rpgs?

HTD... Do your own story. PLOT it out as you wish.

Be like a REAL VIDEO GAME STUDIO, give a summary. DON"T tell the whole damn story. Give a synopsis.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edless » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:03 am

That an interesting idea rodrigo. About the PSIII link, in the context of a great danger looming, yeah, some people could feel the urge to build a space ship like palmian did and escape from Algo.
And so they put their efforts in finding new pieces of the crashed space ships.

It sounds credible.

Then, for the Zio descendant, why not.

Then as Lord Khyron said, you should do what you think is good.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:08 am

Okay so here goes

Alisa III, the last ship from a fleet of 400 which fled Palm 1048 years ago, is sucked into a black hole. It emerges on the other side across the galaxy and 2313 years into the past. Barely functional, it crashes on a nearby moon, which happens to belong to Earth, and all aboard are believed killed.

The Earthmen investigate the crashed ship on the surface of the moon.
They use its technology to create a early form of mother brain.
Due to the technology being unstable and new by doing this it has hazzardous enviromental changes to their solar system.
Earths moon is detached from their orbit and drifts aimlessly out of their solar system.

Aw 3099. A destroyed moon containing the Alisa III re-enters Algo.
Joining the Solar system without explicit damage to the other planets atmospheres.

A research crew sent by the Goverment start researching the crashed vessel.
Space is quarentined off due to strick regulations from the goverments of Algo.

Suddenly Bio monsters start appearing all over the planets of Algo.
Destroying many towns and cultures.

This where Phantasy star 5 starts.

........................................................................................................

So this is what I can tell you.

Nei will definately be in the game now, I have the story sorted out of how she is created and what her purpose is.

Kess, Kei, Tiem will be scrapped.
Rune is not in the game, instead a decendent of Lutz will appear.
Iris will be scrapped.

Religeon will still play a roll in the story.

I will be re-planning it as of now.
So keep watching for character updates etc...

Thanks for all your help guys
Last edited by HTD on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby skymandr » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:13 am

Lord Khyron wrote:*snip*

Gah! Give us a break from your uppercase rethoric will you? HTD asked our opinions!
Finding out what people like and dislike is an important part of any serious creative effort. Give HTD the credit of trusting ver to judge what critique to listen to, and what to ignore! I do think ve is quite mature enough to fend for verself...

Speaking of plot, I really don't get your point. You don't think it is important? What would be more important than plot? (Incidentally I dislike ff1-3 so...)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:20 am

I appreciate both your comments to be honest.
I did actually ask BenoitRen and rodrigo for their advice so I am not offended if they disagree because as far as I am concearned a "Fan game called PS V" must have approval from the FANS.

This game isnt solely for me and therefore Id like to make something that is as near canon as possible.

Thanks though for expressing both your opinions.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby rodrigo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:59 pm

First of all I just would like to say that I never tried to impose my ideas to your game. If you make a game that shows dark force back in full power or put the intere Zio family in the game I will play it and I will probably like it.
I am just writing random thoughts that came to my mind while reading these posts.
Like this other random thought: Alisa III already came back in PS2 it is the noah ship that the earthmen used and where dark force was killed by rolf....
But who knows what a black hole can do maybe, it duplicated alisaIII.
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Great point.

Maybe instead of the Alisa III, we could have the Neo-Palm.
I am sure that there is some pressence of Dark Force or Biomonster aboard that ship.
Plus Seans ending doesnt need to be canon for the Neo-Palm to still exsist meaning PS2 still would retain it's place of having Noah as the Alisa III.

BTW I just want to make clear all comments are welcomed on this thread.
You are all helping me out in a big way and I thank you for that.
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Since Sean's ending isn't canon, it's not necessarily true that the Noah is the Alisa III. I doubt it is anyway, the Earthmen could have built their own ship and the Alisa III is huge.
BenoitRen

Postby HTD » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:47 pm

Well I think that the Noah would have been constructed from the knowlege that they gained through studying the crashed Alisa III.
Therefore technically it isnt the Alisa III (either way I can always change it to the Neo-Palm).

Okay as far as characters I am after variety like in PS4.
So for instance people like Ema (Emi) and Sara seem quite similar.
In fighting style and presentation so this will be reworked possibly combining both characters into one somehow.

Wren is the wren from PS4 not 3.
Now Mieu could be from PS3 or a new unit depending on if the derelict ship is the Alisa III or not.
She will not fight similar to Nei or Rika or anyone like that.

I should have an update for you all later tonight that might be impressive I'll just have to see how it turns out.
No promises.

HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff