PSU moving comic

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

PSU moving comic

Postby Mister Death » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:40 am

Not really fan stuff, as it's on the official site, but...

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/downloads_comic.php

I really like this. Its very well drawn, although I'm worried it won't work on slower connections or older browsers. I haven't played AoI yet and there are spoilers for me in it. I'm amazed at how much I had already predicted would happen.

(spoilers)

Central Command = Mother Brain. I mostly assumed this because Central Command = utter, utter bastard who gives orders that are both stupid and pointlessly ruthless, and Central Command = CAST, presumably (I can't see Curtz taking orders from a non-CAST). When I was told that Mother Brain was really going to be in AoI, I immediately thought 'Central Command'. I also assumed Central Command either was or would be in some way hacked right from the beginning of PSU.

Also, wtf how do you get 'Bringer of Death' from 'Ark Guard'? I thought Vol = Death, as in the technique, Vol Opt and the Vol Brothers, all three of which mostly cause death. I can only assume its something to do with the Deathbringer random monsters, who do sort of guard dungeons, and an Ark makes a good dungeon.

(/spoilers)
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby ill-intent » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:08 pm

Yeah, I've been sooo waiting for them to add a mission to AoI where you get to go "purify" Central Command and fight Mother Brain. The De Rol Le fight on Moatoob has already been a welcome rematch trip for me.

About the ArkGuard thing, that's Sega doing an incredibly lousy translation. If you look at the katakana, it does not match what is used for the word "guard" (Gaardo). It's closer to Gald/Guld (Garudo). Considering the who needing to state what it means, odds are it's not supposed to be a "common language" term.
So, I guess the title should be more Arc(h?) Guld.

Sega of America's lazy translations always make my brain cry.... I mean, "Waber"? "Obel"? Try Webber and Orville.
ill-intent
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:45 am

:cry: Lou...
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby Lord Khyron » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:26 pm

I mean, "Waber"? "Obel"? Try Webber and Orville.

Aka "If my TRANSLATION/SPELLING of their name isn't used, then I don't like it. I'm gonna bitch."

Whine whine whine.. The same old crap everytime.

Go bitch about why Kain could be Kein or Kane...

Sigh..
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:16 pm

Khyron, there's no need to be an ass about this.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Lord Khyron » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:00 am

Yes there is! It is ridiculous..

What makes a person think their translation and romanization is better than those paid to do it? When is it alright to completely bash and diss something because YOU don't like how the translation doesn't match yours? When it is right to hate the whole of something because of one translation you disagree with?

I'll be an ass all I want with this Elitism and Purist attitude.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:42 pm

You can point that out without being an ass. In turn, people will take your post more seriously instead of attributing it to an angry fan boy.
BenoitRen

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:19 am

Haha.. My post was in no way indicative of a "fanboy" nature.

It was a valid point. Just because you disagree with how someone translates something, doesn't mean you write the whole thing off.

The one with the opinion is no better than the person to begin with.

Benoit.. Just because you sit by and don't say a word doesn't mean I won't.

Also, just because you happen to think I was being an ass, doesn't mean I was. Mm.. Then again, your opinion about people never was accurate or worth it.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:48 am

Benoit.. Just because you sit by and don't say a word doesn't mean I won't.

I wasn't saying you should shut up. I was saying that you were overly offensive.
Also, just because you happen to think I was being an ass, doesn't mean I was. Mm.. Then again, your opinion about people never was accurate or worth it.

Now you're pushing it. Stop the insults right now. Don't even bother replying "But it's the truth!".
BenoitRen

Postby PSP » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:01 pm

Lord Khyron wrote:
I mean, "Waber"? "Obel"? Try Webber and Orville.

Aka "If my TRANSLATION/SPELLING of their name isn't used, then I don't like it. I'm gonna *."

Oh? Perhaps you should enlighten us about the proper method of romanizing katakana spellings?

No, wait...you're just an arrogant ignoramus. My bad. I suppose you're one of the people who was cool with Final Fantasy VI romanizing the names of the two Vector soldiers as "Vicks and Wedge," despite it being an obvious Star Wars reference to Biggs and Wedge that was simply romanized incorrectly (and later fixed in re-issues of the game on PSX) >_>;

-Corey
PSP
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Mister Death » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:05 pm

garda would make more sense. there were garda items in ps2 and 4.
Eusis saves!
Mister Death
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby ill-intent » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:27 am

Okay, just this once I will reduce myself to countering when someone bad mouthes a translation. (just this once) Here is what gives what I said credibility.

First, my own 15 years of Japanese aside, I have 4 friends, all born in japan, all in Toronto TEACHING japanese (some, the university level) correcting every mistake I make (they live for it). All of whom agree with my general translations. Aside from that, you can look at how Japan writes english names like Webber and Orville as they appear in newspapers, magazines, novels, etc.. and they match(It's called research. You do it when you want to check something). PSO had it too (Matha, written in katakana exactly as they'd write "Martha" Stewart). The fact is, Sega is lazy with their traslations, paid or not. Just look at the first english translations of PSO vs. the later ones. The DC ones were terrible.

Anywho, there. I'm done. It's out of my system for at least a year or two.
ill-intent
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Fan stuff