Phantasy Star V - Fan Game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:11 pm

There is no official connection. It's a spin-off series, nothing more. All those Phantasy Star references are for old geezers like me who have played the original games.

Just because there is light doesn't necessarily mean there's darkness. By the way, who says the Great Light is a being of good? I mean, the Profound Darkness only became evil because of being locked up for millenia.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Z » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:56 pm

You, may be right about it all, but can shadows exist without light? Can light exist without making shadows? I don't think so.
And I still got the feeling that SEGA is hiding something, perhaps we'll get a connection some time, and until then, there's always space for theories.

Also, I still believe that the Gurhal system, the system of PSU, is Algo, because of the many references. A very interesting one is in episode 2 of PSU's story: The headmaster says, that Moatoob once was a green planet, that was controlled by humans. Now it's a desert. Isn't that a pretty big reference? To me it sounds pretty much like Motavia (even the name), Motavia was once a green planet controlled by the Earthmen/Mother Brain, and after MB's destruction, it became a desert planet.

Also the names of all planets:
Motavia/Motabia/Mota: Moatoob
Dezolis/Dezoris/Dezo: Neudaiz (New Dezo perhaps)
Parma/Palma/Palm: Parum

But well, it's still just theory, probably we'll find out some time.

And it wasn't offensive meant or something, I don't wanna argue :mrgreen:
½ Austrian, ½ Dane ^_^
Z
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:51 pm

You, may be right about it all, but can shadows exist without light? Can light exist without making shadows? I don't think so.

Yes, light can exist without making shadows, if there is nothing in the light's way. Besides, a shadow is merely weaker light; it's not darkness.
And I still got the feeling that SEGA is hiding something, perhaps we'll get a connection some time

I don't buy it for a second. People felt the same things about PSO, and we all know how that went.
Also, I still believe that the Gurhal system, the system of PSU, is Algo, because of the many references.

But they are just references. Anyone can make a game with those references. It doesn't have to be Algo. Again, it's just nostalgia, and to justify giving it the Phantasy Star label.
BenoitRen

Postby Z » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Ok, ok, it's just my opinion...
Like I said, I don't want to argue.
½ Austrian, ½ Dane ^_^
Z
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:31 pm

I don't want to argue

You're no fun. :(
BenoitRen

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:34 pm

Z wrote:Ok, ok, it's just my opinion...
Like I said, I don't want to argue.

You don't want to ARGUE?! What's the matter with you Danes? Have you guys no bottle for controversy any more?

Pussy.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Z » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Typically, that's always what you get outta trying to be polite on the internet, man... -_- Well, in real life I normally get annoyed pretty fast.
½ Austrian, ½ Dane ^_^
Z
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Z wrote:Typically, that's always what you get outta trying to be polite on the internet, man... -_- Well, in real life I normally get annoyed pretty fast.

Oh, don't have a cow, man. There's nothing wrong with a bit of drama, real-life or otherwise.

And decorum is pretty much a myth on the internet.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Z » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:48 pm

Peegai wrote:And decorum is pretty much a myth on the internet.

Ha! You really are right about that!
Well, let's not get too much into off-topic.
½ Austrian, ½ Dane ^_^
Z
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby LegoMuskCat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:17 pm

I doubt the guy doing this is even working on it anymore.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Z » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:26 pm

His last post was December the second, that could mean two things:

1. He's working very hard on it.
2. He cancelled it.

I really hope it's number 1... :?
½ Austrian, ½ Dane ^_^
Z
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Xavier_Price » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:03 am

I am really kicking myself for having joined this forum earlier. If I had, I would have noticed this many months ago.

Incidentally, I was planning on writing a sequel to PSIV, just a random plot-bunny that bit me. However, I have not started work on this. Instead, I could offer my services as a character writer for you. Character development and background is something of my specialty, and I could help to flesh out any of the characters that still need work.

I've read through most of the comments on this so far, but I still feel I've missed a few things. So, if you can give a post on the characters as they are now, I could give my spin on it. Or you could PM or e-mail it to me, if you want to avoid spoilers and such.

I do still hope everything is going well with the project... I have seen so many of these undertakings fall through for so many series. If this one goes under, I will be horribly saddened. It just looks amazing, and has such a potential!
Xavier_Price
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby HTD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:19 pm

I have cancelled work on this game for these reason:

1. I am working on my own game
2. I need graphic artists and tileset artists
3. I dont feel the time would be worth it

If enough people were willing to go onboard with this project.
Then Id restart it but for now its just too much work with too little pay off.
My apologies feel free to msn me if you wish to discuss it further.

HTD
HTD
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Haha.. I hate being right..

Another one bites the dust. Another project unfinished because the "so-called" fans won't support or help.

You don't see this crap in the FF community or some of the other communities..

Only the PS community. Everyone is so self centered and wants to make their own game. When someone announces a game.. No one wishes to help.

Sigh.. I'm ashamed of the community really. So many good projects gone because the fans don't give a damn to help.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby LaconianShot » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:52 am

Well Khyron, some of us have lives, and if you can't hack a project, you shouldn't start it. Hm, making a game, that'll be a walk in the park. I bet I can do it without much commitment. No. It takes a lot of time and effort to make a game, and you don't just start into something hoping to get support if you need it.
I commend the people who try to make fangames, even for trying and not completing them, but you can't go blaming people who had nothing to do with the project. If I had more time, maybe I would help, but let's face it, I've got a lot of other commitments, and so does everybody else on here. If you want to chastise the community for not helping, then be the change you want to see, and be the first to step up and help out. When you take an active role in these fangames, then you can start harping about a lack of support.
Besides, a community is for fun, and people contribute what they can, when they can. It's not supposed to be a job or a chore.
The black queen chants
The funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the Court of the Crimson King.
LaconianShot
Locusta
Locusta

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff