Phantasy Star: Earths past, fan game(screen shots)Updated!!

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby mikepjr » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:04 pm

Lol, yes im still working on it.. i need to put some new picks up.
But it will have to wait until i get things ported over to RMVX, which im doing right now.

I was using RMXP but it has lag problems and many complain it wont work at all while VX runs great and has no lag running at a full 60fps.

First thing is getting all the old stuff to work on the new maker.
Tilesets work differently so that will take some time to convert.

Given time this may come out diff then most.. people need to keep in mind though that i can not help it if the game does not work when im done on their systems.. .

Ill be back later hopefully with some pics.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:50 pm

I've always had tremendous interest in creating my own games like that. If anyone is willing to teach me how any of these systems operate, I'd be more than happy to help.
Abominae

Postby mikepjr » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:25 am

Lol, it is not easy, that much i can say, as for RPGs though, thats simple.
RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VX, look those up online for making a good RPG.
But for any other style of game im not sure.
As far as teaching, their is not a lot of teaching needed when using the mentioned programs, RMXP and RMVX use a point and click interface, unless you want to change the battle system or whatever to something different, then you have to learn scripting, something i still do not know how to do from scratch.

Anyhow, next time i post anything it will be new screen shots.
While im working on this, can anyone tell me where i can either get a midi or MP3 version of PS generation 1's battle theme?
-EDIT-
Okay here is A screen shot... its all i have for the moment, i need to get some more graphics done before i can post more pics, this is just to show off the grass and dirt trails and houses for villages mainly.
More coming as i get more done, im doing a lot all at once, im doing graphics and event set ups and everything.
Im barrowing some graphics from a cancled fan game on the site.. Dark Millinium...sorry if i spelled that wrong.. anyhow.. and to help with graqhics space, im using the same style for going into homes as they did on the original PS games, in other words.. step into a house it goes first person with a pic and shows the character your talking to in the house, i may even incorpirate a way of talking to diff people or intereacting with diff things in a room.. just something im thinking about.

Here is an example of what i mean, only when im done you will not just see someone standing there, you will see furniture and other things as well when you enter.
Also, here is the title screen for those of you who missed it.

Wow, no one has said anything.. i keep updating and nothing..
Anyhow, im thinking about the story a bit... i kind of wanted it to be a bit of a homage to PS1.. so i thought why not put an algolian cat as a part of your party.
What does anyone think?

By the way.. if no one shows much interest i may just cancel this game..
so someone please give me some feedback.. ty.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Danny » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 am

mikepjr wrote:While im working on this, can anyone tell me where i can either get a midi or MP3 version of PS generation 1's battle theme?

I know where you can get a midi but not mp3:
http://www.midishrine.com/index.php?id=119

I use that site a lot for game midis to use for PRG Maker 2000. If you need any other resources just let me know. I'm using some PSIV and PSIII midis for my PS fan game from that site.

Don't give up on your project. I'm also working on a PS fan game. I had a topic but deleted it since no one replied for more than a week... I'm just going to make the topic again after I finish it and submit it to either Benoit or Missagh.

Note: Most if not all of the midis on that site I posted are remixed, not original. Just a heads up. I think pscave has them too but not in zip format for easy download. You can also download single midis there like here as well.
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby mikepjr » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:01 am

Ty for trying to help me, but they do not have what i need.
I was looking for the remixed battle theme from Phantasy Star Generation 1 on the PlayStation 2

Ill Just keep using the theme im using now..

Has anyone else whos making a fan game used the algolian cat like PS1?
If no one has ill make a cat part of the story line...
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 am

I thought you were going to finish it no matter what? Anyway, I'm interested! Really, I am!
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

HAha

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Mm.. It is only a matter of time.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:36 pm

The screens looks excellent, but please rememeber Mike, you will have to come to a decision if you want to complete it. Feedbacks will be there, positive or negative, and sometimes, feedbacks may not be there... so think it through.

IMO, it looks very good so far so why not complete it and have a proper release so the PS fans will enjoy it!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Surei Uorushu » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Wow, it looks really good. I hope it gets completed I'd like to play it. ^^

I was never able to finish making a fan game on RPG maker or on Flash. >.<
When you think you're finally alone, you're not.
Surei Uorushu
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 pm

I like it and I'll probably play it but I have to admit... I am a bit turned off by the cartoony look of the game. Maybe it's nothing, but it just doesn't... FEEL like a PS game to me. At least from the screen shots.
Abominae

Postby mikepjr » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:38 pm

All i was saying was, why finish something no one will play..
No one seemed all too interested.. but i will finish this.. i hope people do not mind the story though...

Im still working through graphics... mostly graphics since thats where most of my talents lay.

So far i have a fallow the leader system in place.
Im not sure about the battle system.. i wanted the enemys to animate.. but right now im having a hard time getting scripts in place since im not a sripter

Graphics have been a pain to port over the VX.. VX limits it tilesets badly..
I cant seem to get the beach how i want.... i wanted animating coasts.. but because of VXs limits i may have to just go with coast lines like that of PS2 or 4..

I wanted this game to resemble PS1 since PS1 was my fav game in the series.. but it may end up a cross between all the PS games in some way or another.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:14 pm

I would look at more designs for the game if I were you... just to help get a better idea of what people might expect to see in a PS game. Your buildings looked homemade. Although well done, it might not give it that PS edge we're all hoping to see in the game.
Abominae

Postby mikepjr » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:27 pm

Abominae wrote:I like it and I'll probably play it but I have to admit... I am a bit turned off by the cartoony look of the game. Maybe it's nothing, but it just doesn't... FEEL like a PS game to me. At least from the screen shots.

Obviously it is going to look anime.... it is not PSO nor is it ment to look as detailed or anything like that.. look back at the older PS games.. im trying to keep with that style as much as possible.

You also have to understand im having to do everything on my own.. so i can not focus as much on graphics as i would like.

Ill work on the graphics more.. that just means it will take longer.. but do not expect any realisim.. i simply can not do realisim.
-EDIT-
Here is a screenshot from the over world.
Tell me what you think... and no complaints about the clouds.. PS1 and 2 and 3 and 4 did not have much in the way of enviroments, im trying to remidy that.
Clouds rain.. storms.. snow falling.. fogs..sunshine... things like that i want to add for more depth..

Oh, and because of how VX uses tiles i dropped the beach look.. but the coast still animates in that the water moves on and off the shore line.. even though it is lacking a beach...
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Edless » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:24 am

I love your cloud effect.

I also like your map. When I was playing on RPG maker, I always thought maps were too square-like.
Edless
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby mikepjr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:29 am

That's just a test map.. i figured a way around the graphics to make the land less squared and jagged... im using RMVX and it has a messed up set up for tiles, so i had to work around it with my graphics.. and im glad you liked the clouds... last time i was on this forum and showed screen shots of clouds people were like.. thats too distracting bla bla bla.

Though i may use diff clouds that same effect will still be there.
Ill be back later with more... im working on the menu system right now..
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff