PS Tabletop RPG

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:46 pm

That sounds cool. It's definitely possible, but we'd have to get someone who knows PHP well to modify the board's script.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Eradose » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:52 am

Abominae wrote:Eradose - You lost me at "diablo" (I wonder how many people know that diablo is spanish for devil :D) Please elaborate.

As in the popular game that Blizzard made before World Of Warcraft. I have the official D20 campaign book for Diablo II. It goes from the Rouge Encampment, all the way to the final battle with Diablo himself. There is even an epic level combat section of the infamous secret "Cow Level". (an online enhancement you can find here) http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=d2/d220010302x

Now, take that, and set it in a Phantasy Star like setting. That's what I'm trying to do.
Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.
~Dinobot
Eradose
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Redeemer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:48 am

The board based character stuff sounds a lot like Gaia in a manner, though far more entertaining.

However, had a pretty startling rememberance that might heavily influence my game, and I thought it might be worth sharing. Since my game is roughly 2000 years after PS4, the colonists (From Earth :wink: ) have since spread far and wide upon Terranova (Motavia) since they've been there for roughly 300 years now, and are rather technologically advanced. Communications networks via satellite systems, via maglev train lines and ground wiring, wireless networks in almost every moderate sized town up to the metropili of the future. It dawned on me that when Wren had deactivated Daughter within Valhal Fort (my storyline will assume they had accomplished the quest Silver Soldier) it is my belief that after her being shut down, she was largely ignored once more, hardly posing much threat.

But somehow, far into the future she could have been activated once more, either by a meddling excavation team or by the small manifestation of Dark Force I had mentioned previously, there is a lot of room to work this idea worth. I think this could be a very interesting plot twist for the game, with Daughter out to regain control of what she believes to rightfully be hers to control, plus more with the discovery of surface telecommunications activity and the idea that that too needs to be under her control, thus leaving much of the planet's fate at the hands of the group. Could pave the way for an epic quest.
Once I was Valis Warrior, and then the Redeemer. But now, I am back, with 7 years experience to my belt here.
Redeemer
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Abominae » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Right now, I'm working on my own two games (Phantasy Star Galaxy & The Guardian Legend: Remix) but I'd really love to help you work on yours.

Since it's your idea, you'll be given credit as it's creator and lead designer, but if you want help, just e-mail whatever details about the game you have and I'll e-mail you whatever I come up with. I can guarantee I'll have a good amount of input to contribute.
Abominae

Postby Dorrinal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 pm

My brother's created a set of rules for playing Phantasy Star with the Fuzion core system. You can find his rules to download here:
http://b3ed.tripod.com/

Generic Fuzion rules can be found here:
http://www.talsorian.com/software/fuzion.pdf
Dorrinal
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:15 pm

I just recently signed up to another PS site (psotavern) and noticed that they're using a system for the forum not unlike what I have mentioned. However, they (for only God knows what reason) have opted to use the "Gil" count instead of the PS based "Meseta".

Without knowing the extent of this system, I can only offer the statement: "What the f***?"

Or maybe I just discovered that my idea has been ripped off... *is sad*
Abominae

Previous

Return to Fan stuff