Fanart of my Silver Millennium take on Rune

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Fanart of my Silver Millennium take on Rune

Postby Thray_Walsh » Sat May 03, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm doing a fanfic series called "WAELAS" [When a Esper Loves a Senshi] which is set both in the past and the present and over time, I'll be posting further materials from the project including a link to my own take on Phantasy Star IV; "From Age to Age..." which is quite interesting in its own way.

In the meantime, I'm posting a couple of artpieces of the Silver Millennium equivalent of Rune; Thray Lanai [and yes, the name is deliberate! :D] and his lover; Amiri who becomes Ami Mizuno aka Sailor Mercury in our time period.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/BorgmanJayce/AmiriandThraybyYuzuriha.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/BorgmanJayce/AmiriandThraybyLadyHiko.jpg
Thray_Walsh
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Abominae » Sat May 03, 2008 4:47 pm

What concerns me is the fact that more work seems to have gone into getting her breasts just right rather than her facial features... which could use work...
Abominae

Postby Lord Khyron » Sun May 04, 2008 12:30 am

Oh my god.. what a pathetic complaint!

Do you think Urushihara thinks about getting the face before the figure? Did Takeuchi do the face before their figures?

No no.. Let's bitch about bad faces and forget that the body must be right too..

You and your negativity Abo. It is pathetic.

P.S. If you want some ideas.. I'll give you the groundwork for my SMSSP I was working on long ago. It went to 6 chapters and had fanart. It was "Sailor Moon Super Star Phantasy.."

Was quite nifty.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mono » Sun May 04, 2008 1:50 am

I like the first work specially. The girl looks quite expressive.
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Abominae » Sun May 04, 2008 7:07 pm

*Sigh* I just lost a lot of respect for you Khyrron.

The idea was that the body seemed to have more effort put into it than the face... which is the center of each figure. Most of the detail goes into a face.

Now, I'm not knockin' his art... just pointing out a few things.

Next time, think before you speak.
Abominae

Postby Lord Khyron » Mon May 05, 2008 1:51 am

*Sigh* I just lost a lot of respect for you Khyrron.

I could give a damn less what the person who can't even spell my name lost. I don't need your respect, nor do I even need to care you exist.

The face the center of the figure? Please.. Lots of manga artists to the body first and then work on the face. Get the body correct. Carnelian, Urushihara, etc all work on the body then the face.

We should be happy the proportions were done right. Oh but wait.. You'd rather see a PERFECT face and a ugly body.

That is quite pathetic. When you can do better artwork then you can knock someone elses work.

Get off the damn high horse about faces. If that really mattered, things like Lucky Star wouldn't be made. Let alone half the ugly moe crap churned out.
~Ima Ga Sono Toki Da!"
~Imagination and memory are the same thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names~
Lord Khyron
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:42 am

Lord Khyron wrote:I could give a damn less what the person who can't even spell my name lost. I don't need your respect, nor do I even need to care you exist.

The face the center of the figure? Please.. Lots of manga artists to the body first and then work on the face. Get the body correct. Carnelian, Urushihara, etc all work on the body then the face.

We should be happy the proportions were done right. Oh but wait.. You'd rather see a PERFECT face and a ugly body.

That is quite pathetic. When you can do better artwork then you can knock someone elses work.

Get off the damn high horse about faces. If that really mattered, things like Lucky Star wouldn't be made. Let alone half the ugly moe crap churned out.

Um, Khyron, buddy, giant purple guy angry at micronians, are you familiar with Constructive Criticism? Seriously, any artist should be thrilled to get it over the usual 'omg kyute!' stuff you get at dA. Lord knows I'd love to get it, and yet I never do. Probably because of reactions like these.

Seriously, man, calm down. This is a bit of a dramatic overreaction, to be honest.

(Also, the notion that only 'better' artists can critique is insanely broken, man.)
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:49 am

Critque is critique. I know what a picture should generally look like. It's not a pyramid scheme... :o
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby mikepjr » Tue May 06, 2008 6:32 am

Um, please do not get upset at what i say... the female look really good all around to me, but Rune could use just a little work... over all i think it is really good... but um.. why does it look like Rune is with a Sailor Scout?
Where do Sailor Scouts belong or fit in with Phantasy Star? lol
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Thray_Walsh » Tue May 06, 2008 9:51 am

mikepjr wrote:Um, please do not get upset at what i say... the female look really good all around to me, but Rune could use just a little work... over all i think it is really good... but um.. why does it look like Rune is with a Sailor Scout?
Where do Sailor Scouts belong or fit in with Phantasy Star? lol

Basically, Rune learns that in a previous life, he was actually Lutz's twin brother; Thray Lanai and that he was also Queen Alis' Ambassador to the Moon Kingdom which is where he met Ami's Silver Millennium incarnation; Princess Amiri.

As for the fanart, I didn't draw it myself, heck I can't even draw Chibi if I wanted to! :cry:
Thray_Walsh
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby mikepjr » Tue May 06, 2008 5:32 pm

I can, i just have no way of scanning images.
So.. okay.. fanfic meaning made up not really supposed to connect to the PS games then?
If so, it helps answer a lot of questions in my head, lol.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Wed May 07, 2008 5:49 pm

lol, I think someone's getting tired of this site.

I wasn't saying that less work should have been put into the body. I was making my point because, all too often, I see good art that could be better if someone speaks up and says what needs saying. You don't get enough people speaking up about things like that. Nobody wants to say anything that might be mistaken as "mean" or "insulting" when it's just someone trying to help the artist improve on his art.

And I really don't care enough to worry about spelling your name right. No use worrying about the small stuff...

Geez man... go take a nap.

Oh, and I probably should have mentioned this b4, but I was only referring to the second handdrawn pic. The first one looks fine.
Abominae

Postby mikepjr » Wed May 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Abominae wrote:lol, I think someone's getting tired of this site.

Me?
Im not getting tired of this site.
*Looks confused*
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Wed May 07, 2008 7:53 pm

I meant Khryon :wink:
Abominae

Return to Fan stuff