Another complete fan game, Kyra's Quest

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby mikepjr » Sat May 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Yeah but, once im done with something, im not the type to want to bother with going back to fix something like that, as long as what they read the understand thats all that should matter, but after this.. gahh.. forget it lol
I was wanting to change things over anyhow, i have plans for a Slayers RPG.. i dont know.. maybe i should lend my graphics know how to Danny here.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Sat May 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Mike, if you are interested, I'd be happy to go over the script and correct the errors for you. Also, if you're not the kind to let things like that out for fear of being ripped off (something I'd completely understand... I've been there) then you can copy the entire script into Microsoft word and do a grammar check on it. But be mindful to go thru it one piece at a time as it may correct things you had a certain way for a reason. And Yahoo! E-mail can do a spell check for you as well.
Abominae

Postby mikepjr » Sun May 11, 2008 6:17 am

Well, it just struck me as pretty shitty that anyone would be worried about something like that when its a free thing someone made and they do not have to pay a thing, plus it is still very understandable.
Even i understood what was being said without caring about the grammer and spelling.

And danny is right, it's hard as hell to do all this on your own, it is easier in groups when you have diff people with diff jobs.

Im still working slowly, i just got a bit ticked at people worrying about spelling.

Im a born and raised US person, and my spelling sucks major ass..
Anyhow.. don't mind me, i just was hit the wrong way by the situation about spelling.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Sun May 11, 2008 3:24 pm

mikepjr wrote:Well, it just struck me as pretty shitty that anyone would be worried about something like that when its a free thing someone made and they do not have to pay a thing, plus it is still very understandable.
Even i understood what was being said without caring about the grammer and spelling.

So what if you are making this game in your spare time? That's a lame excuse. There are plenty of other developers out there who take the time to correct the spelling and grammar mistakes in the story's dialogue.

Don't bother to post topics concerning your video game projects if you can't handle criticism.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Mono » Mon May 12, 2008 1:36 am

If you put it in the balance, grammar and spelling mistakes aren´t really all that of a blow for a fan made game.

However, if you have put effort into making the game so other people could enjoy it, giving them a game with poorly done texts just give them the impression that it´s a rubbish work "wtf that can´t even get the spelling right lol omg". This lets all of the good stuff you have done down, specially in a RPG, where text is the axis mundi for the gameplay, and there is no way to not pay attention to it. Even your reputation as a game maker/programmer will be affected. You will be known as that guy who "can´t even get the commas right lol wtf" thoughout the internet. Your friends might love it, but most people aren´t friendly, but sharks willing to feast on your flesh.

I sugest a revision. Most people here could help with that, if you trully have hard time with grammar/spelling (well, no one is perfect).
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Danny » Mon May 12, 2008 4:43 am

Could we please try and stay on topic? I don't mean to sound rude but this discussion has started to trail off a bit. Anyways...

I've re-sent you the game BenoitRen. The grammar mistakes you've mentioned have been corrected. The enemies, port and Great Light thing seem not worth really editing... Besides, you beat the game which means it's both playable and beatable. I'm still thinking about whether I should change all that but I probably won't. This will most likely be the final version of the game.

Also, let's try and be supportive to our fellow PS fans. :wink:
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Abominae » Mon May 12, 2008 7:42 pm

I am being supportive. I'm trying to help you creat the best game you can possibly make. I know I'd appreciate help like that (but as I have nothing you can actually play, just yet, I'm not pinning for it) so I do what I can to help out even if it's only pointing out mistakes.
Abominae

Postby Mono » Mon May 12, 2008 7:53 pm

I am supportive. I am just not nice :^P
SEGA owes me money!
Mono
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Abominae » Mon May 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Both are true... which is exactly why you may be the very first person I look up when I need someone to beta test my stuff.
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Mon May 12, 2008 8:54 pm

New version has been uploaded. Try it.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Danny » Mon May 12, 2008 9:26 pm

I was refering about the comments made towards Mikepjr, not my fan game. As I said, I consider and accept constructive critism.

Thanks for uploading the game again BenoitRen. The text should be more visually appealing now.
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby rodrigo » Fri May 16, 2008 6:20 pm

I finished playing Kyra´s quest. It was not that difficult, specially because you could buy unlimited star dews...

I missed more difficult mazes...

I liked the new cities and places you invented. I for one do think that dezoris still has a lot of mysterious places.

I did think that by the end of the game Kyra got a lot more strong then she ever gets in ps4... I got curious to find out what happened to the other playable side heroes in the ps4 time period.

I think there was a great improvement from grys to kyra's adventure. I will be looking forward to the next one.
And Maybe someday we could work together in a ps fangame.

again good job

rodrigo
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Danny » Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 pm

Thank you very much! :D

I still have yet to think of why the three side characters don't appear in PSIV... The mazes are also another thing I need to work on, they're all mostly one way and are too small. The caterpillar script was the same one as in Raja's Adventure. All I did is change a few things around but it's still the same basic thing.

I would also be honored if we could work together on a PS fan game someday. I bet it would be one if not thee best PS fan game ever, heh. :)
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Danny » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:30 am

Sorry for the double post, I justed wanted to let you guys know that the current version of this game is the final one. I would be honored if Kyra's Quest would also have a section like Gryz' Quest. And of course, you have my full permission to do so. :D
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Send me some screenshots, and I'll put up a page. :)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff