Fan game questions (v. musk cat sprite request)

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Fan game questions (v. musk cat sprite request)

Postby invol » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:25 am

Hello all, this is my first post in here. Been a fan of PS since PSI came out new. (yes, I'm that old...)
Anyways, I have had a few ideas for a fan game of which the details I will not share, seeing as a watched development never completes. My questions will however give clues as to where I'm going with it.

1. Was there any write-up (fanfic, compendium, etc.) on any of the previous 1000 year periods? I know of the story of the Desans as spelled out in the timeline, but it is a little shall we say... lacking in word-count. It does mention about Agent's Destiny, but seeing as I just found it and it weighs in at 22 chapters, it might take a little time to sort through.

2. Was there anything written about what happens 1000 years after PSIV since the Profound Darkness is defeated?
AKA Phantasy Star V: What Do We Do With All Of This Spare Time? :lol:

3. Are there any Myau / musk cat sprites or anything usable in RPG maker 2K? I also need Motavians and Dezorians, but at least I can adapt PSIV sprites if I need to.

Thank you for any help that you can give. :)
invol
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:29 am

For writing about before PSI and after PSIV, you can check out Beyond Algo.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby invol » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Nice! Thank you! There's definitely some good reading there about future events. There wasn't any stories I could find on the past, which is good since that was the direction I was leaning towards anyways with my game idea. Less writings out there equals more freedom of story line. :wink:

But yeah, hopefully someone knows where I could find musk cat sprites? Image It is kinda essential to the storyline I'm developing. I wish I could just draw it myself, but freehand or tracing is definitely not my strong point. I can make good background images (Example: http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t133/invol713/hope_rewarded_800.jpg) and serviceable midi music, but using a mouse in a freehand artistic fashion... lets just say even stick figures laugh at me.
invol
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby rodrigo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:09 pm

why don't you use ps1 or ps4 musk cat sprites? don't you remember the myst vale from ps4(the old man)?

I got ps4 sprites.
if you want just get raja adventure or kyra quest cause it has sprites of dezorians and musk cat. Grys quest and chaz adventure has motavians sprites and they are ready to use in rpg maker 2000
rodrigo
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby invol » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:55 am

Hmmm, I guess that would be a good place to look for the sprites. Thank you for the reminder! :D
invol
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby Danny » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:55 am

Kyra's Quest has Dezolian sprites indeed, but not Musk Cat ones. That's only in Raja's Adventures. Anyways, if you need sprites and back grounds, this is the best site I've found so far. I used quite a few sprites from this site myself in my fan games (they need re-arranging though):
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/SpritesGenesis.htm

As for midis, I know two good sites that have some remixed ones:
http://www.midishrine.com/index.php?console=sga
http://www.fantasyanime.com/

Pscave also has some great midis and back grounds, so you might have some luck checking here as well. There's also a topic here about resources that you might like to check out:
http://www.pscave.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1724&start=0

I hope that helps. :)
Run for your lives! It's the huge sandworm that never reaches you!
Danny
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby invol » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:05 am

Hey Danny, those links were definitely a help. However they didn't have the musk cat sprites I was looking for, so that was why I originally made this thread. I'll be checking out Raja's Adventure for the sprites... plus to play it too! The game sounds fun.
invol
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby vilkacis » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm

You will not be able to use PSIV's musk cat sprites in RM without editing regardless. The reason for this being, PSIV uses three frames for a walking musk cat which plays 1-2-3, 1-2-3, like so:

It uses a fourth frame for an idle musk cat:

RM uses three frames which play 1-2-3-2, 1-2-3-2:

It also uses the second frame for idle, which means your musk cat will look like this while standing still:

This works for human characters,

but it's not optimal for non-human ones.

Your best bet is to use (or edit) an existing cat animation that's actually made for RM's system.
vilkacis
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Return to Fan stuff