Phantasy Star IV PC

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Shall we do English version instead of Russian?

Yes of course
100%
No, man
No votes
I just dunno
No votes

Total votes : 11

Phantasy Star IV PC

Postby AirWolF » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 am

Restorate team had started a project of remake PSIV.
It'll be 3D version for PC, if I'll be able to port it, it may be for *Nix OS and for MAC OS as well.

We are programming this fabulous game on BlitzBasic3D language.

Screenshots aren't available now, cuz we are just finished only Piata acadamy and started makind 3D models of Chaz&Rika.

Of course we need help. Especially we need designer for 2D graphics. (Its menu& all other stuff lika that)

We are planning to make movies instead of manga-screens in some places, like death of Alys.

Also we want to make voices of characters, but we are from Russia&Kazakhstan so maybe only I can speak English freely without accent so it'll be difficult.

Screens will be in about 1-2 weeks.
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Missagh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 am

This sounds like an excellent idea. I am very curious of how this will turn out. So could you please write a list of what exactly you are searching for? I might be of assistance with the voice over if you need one? :)

By the way, do you have any idea what happened with this russian Phantasy Star fan site?:
http://phantasystar.net.ru/

Please keep us updated with your project.
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby AirWolF » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:40 pm

First, this site is down cuz its not very popular& administration of site hadn't enougn money to pay for hosting... maybe cuz our mentality dont like to give money. :)

Now, lets get down to business :D .
We need some help with menu graphics, especially backgrounds, cuz we dont like just blue background with lines, like in original PSIV. But, we have a designer,who is making main character portraits, the first is done, but we need to color it & make it more maybe digital...

look at this&share your opinion. Remember! Its just uncolored & unshaded version of portrait. :)

Chaz's portrait
True power comes with true responsibility...
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby AirWolF » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Sorry for off-top.

This is for Missagh - all Russian PS fan sites had "died". There are still 1 forum which is also "dying"... that's why I came here. :) Maybe I should create my own PS fan site with forum... I'll think 'bout it.

Ah, also, I forgot. When we'll finish this project we'll make PSV. And 1 more question - are your PSV project alive?
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:14 pm

AirWolF wrote:look at this&share your opinion. Remember! Its just uncolored & unshaded version of portrait. :)

Chaz's portrait
It's not bad at all. I expect the end result to be even better. He actually looks his age, and it has more of an anime feel than in the Genesis game itself, IMO.
I wonder what people will see in the final days?
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 pm

I'm not artistically minded at all, but I am fluent in English, and I'd love to help with the voice over.
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 pm

I could help with that as well. I just got a new mic four days ago and I'm dying to test it out. Although, Chaz would prbably... not be my forte. My voice is a tad too deep for that. Maybe I could to Gryz or Hahn.
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby AirWolF » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:09 am

Thanks for all your helping hands, but we decided to make a voices only in a few CG movies, so I think with help of my classmates here, in Kazakhstan we'll be able to do it. One more reason to do it is that we all living in different cities, and countries, and it'll be difficult a little to make it.

One more thing we are worrying about. Its battle system. I dunno what to make with camera - still it in back like in original PSIV, or make some improvisation and make camera more lifeful like in FF VII,VIII,IX. What do you think?
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby meteor9 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:41 am

AirWolF wrote:
One more thing we are worrying about. Its battle system. I dunno what to make with camera - still it in back like in original PSIV, or make some improvisation and make camera more lifeful like in FF VII,VIII,IX. What do you think?

Keep the original camera angle for menu selections and stuff, at least. And if you're feeling adventurous, sure, have the camera be more active when attacks or skills are playing out.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:13 pm

AirWolF wrote:Thanks for all your helping hands, but we decided to make a voices only in a few CG movies, so I think with help of my classmates here, in Kazakhstan we'll be able to do it. One more reason to do it is that we all living in different cities, and countries, and it'll be difficult a little to make it.

And here I thought I finally had my chance to voice a blue, furry lumberjack. Ah well. In any case, different camera views would be a great innovation. Although, it'll be a lot of work to remake all the monsters in 3D, which you may have to do anyway. But the attacks, particularly the combos, such as Grand Cross and Destruction, will look absolutely gorgeous. IT'll be a lot of hard work, but don't give up! If there's anything I can do to help, just tell me.
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Abominae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:33 am

Well, I think that's kind of silly to make an english version of this game and use people who are almost certain to have heavy accents.

I may be wrong about the accents... but I doubt it.

In any case, it's your game, it's your decision. However, I would reconsider. I don't have much voice-over experiance, but I have sang for rock bands before. I was pegged as the guy who could do Journey and Megadeth songs really well.

I was also asked to sing Judas Priest: Diamonds & Rusts (Ripper version) with a local band at the Sunset Station here in San Antonio. It went quite well, I should add. Not sure how well I did, but it got me laid that night :wink:

That's all the references to my voice I can make. That, and... well... I've been told I sound younger than I am (23).

I think I'd make a good Zio.
Abominae

Postby meteor9 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:12 am

Abominae wrote:I was pegged as the guy who could do ... Megadeth songs really well.

I think I'd make a good Zio.

Now I'm just picturing Dave Mustaine (sp?) as Zio, and that's alternately funny and frightening.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:21 am

Umm... I think I put a picture of myself up somewhere around here. It's here, I just don't remember where.

I think that'd... ease your nerves. Maybe.
Abominae

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:28 pm

I'd make a good Gryz, so I found. I used my mic to record and slightly alter my voice, saying some of Gryz's lines. Turns out it sounds better than I thought it would. Good for someone who's never really done voice acting, anyway. And still a helluva lot better than Baten Kaitos' voiceovers.
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby AirWolF » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks for giving a help, BUT as i said already we will be able to create voices by ourselves (Im and my classmates, are studing english in a special school :D ) so the problem of accents is "killed" :) About 1-2 hours ill put a screen here of our work :D
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Next

Return to Fan stuff