Phantasy Star Earth's Past Fan game, new thread.

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Missagh » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:30 pm

This is truly a shame, but I know how hard it can be to keep the inspiration and ambition up for a project like this. If you ever consider to finish it, that would be great.

I would otherwise advice you to possibly post your graphic work so maybe other fan game creators can use it for their own PS project. Just an idea!

Anyway, hope you will continue to stick around!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Zucca » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:33 pm

;\

The graphics were nice.
You could publish those for other peple who might need some graphics?

EDIT: Hm. Somehow the page wasn't updated and I posted pretty much the same Missagh did.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby mikepjr » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:29 am

This may upset you all, but my graphics are my own, i worked hard on them and im not comfy giving them out, graphics where the only thing i could do really for this project.

It is just too hard to make a game on your own, usualy to make any game requires a team of people, and since i could not find anyone to help with programing which is my weak point in making things, im just giving this up, i had a battle engine going and music and more, but i could not get it to be exactly like any battle system in a PS game already out.

Plus i have other things going on now in life, cleaning up after hurrican Ike hit where i live, about to tear my house down and rebuild.

Anyhow, maybe ill get back to it one day, but for now im taking a super long break from it.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm slowly learning to make an RPG with the SDL library using C++, so maybe one day we could join forces. ;)
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby mikepjr » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:03 pm

Perhaps, i was using RPG Maker XP which has built in scripting for anything you want, i could never use the scripting the way others can, its what got me sick of it.

Maybe one day ill continue.. guess i could do graphics until then for other projects, i have seen some projects on here that could use some major graphics enhancements.
mikepjr
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Sange Mahlay » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:07 pm

A shame. It was looking pretty nice. I'm envious. I was never able to replicate the PS2/4 battle system. Don't feel bad though. Lots of these projects fall apart simply because it's too big of a project to do in your free time. If you do try again, get a team together. There's a far better chance of completing it if you have someone working on it with you.
"I'm broad-minded enough to concede that they might possibly not be complete idiots, but I much prefer the company of people who agree with me."
Sange Mahlay
Locusta
Locusta

Previous

Return to Fan stuff