Phantasy Star IV PC

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Shall we do English version instead of Russian?

Yes of course
100%
No, man
No votes
I just dunno
No votes

Total votes : 11

Postby AirWolF » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:26 pm

Guys! The problem with Logo is SOLVED! Also solved problem with sound. I/ve found all original MIDIs from the game in MP3 Format without changes... Now what we need is the backgroud for menu and text dialogs... you know that blue background with fence or how it called...
We need that in a new style for Main menu,game menu, battle menu, and dialogs menu... we are not a professional drawers on PC so... we need all of your help in that! :)
True power comes with true responsibility...
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Well, it seems you have an entire army of rabid fans backing you up. I'll start working on the midis and logo as soon as I can... which can be as early as wednesday, as I have a few things I'll need to dig up in order to begin work.
I wonder what people will see in the final days?
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby skymandr » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:06 am

Heroic_Chaz wrote:Well, it seems you have an entire army of rabid fans backing you up. I'll start working on the midis and logo as soon as I can... which can be as early as wednesday, as I have a few things I'll need to dig up in order to begin work.

If you're short on time, then maybe you should read his last post again. Says he's got the logo and music covered... ;)
skymandr
Scorpius
Scorpius

;)

Postby Zucca » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 am

skymandr wrote:
Heroic_Chaz wrote:Well, it seems you have an entire army of rabid fans backing you up. I'll start working on the midis and logo as soon as I can... which can be as early as wednesday, as I have a few things I'll need to dig up in order to begin work.

If you're short on time, then maybe you should read his last post again. Says he's got the logo and music covered... ;)
Haha. :)
At least people are willing to give support for this project, which is nice. It gives me some realistic thoughts that this game really could see it's final version some day. :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby AirWolF » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Damn! I think problems will never end! Now internet of our 3D modeler is off for some reason and he wont be online waybe 1-2 weeks... thats too bad... but all you can help the project :) Right now I've finished intro like in original PS IV before the main screen... all I need is that blue background with fence just in modern style and in different sizes who can draw it on PC please contact with me by ICQ
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Missagh » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:47 pm

AirWolF, did you recieve my email?
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Abominae » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:43 pm

I almost don't want to post here at all. I AM looking foward to this game quite a bit... but Midi files? That's NES quality music and the phantasy star games for the Genesis were no exception except that they had overlays. Maybe someone can get him the PS4 Sega CD sound files? I really would not recommend using someones "remix" of the songs.

Damnit... I could have done some quality work on those files if I still had my keyboard...
Abominae

Postby AirWolF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Yeah I received it on my second email and now answer is flying to you :)

One more time - we NEED blue background with fence in modern style in TGA fomat in different sizes - please contact me! The project cant move on without that :(
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby AirWolF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Now by the way - you may visit my upload page on FileFront and download there beta of menu of PS IV PC just to see what the game will look like in 2D objects :) There is one track - End of millenium now you can give me advices how to change this music to better :) Also in my page you can find betas of my earlier game Naruto Battle Chronicles - 2D fighting about Naruto... ist become a little popular in Russian internet but game in English - who wanna try - you're welcome. :)
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:09 pm

I agree with Abominae.
Using midifiles is problematic. Especially when people have different instrument files. The music can really sound different on other platforms.
If you really want to use midis, would you consider of using .mod or .xm or some other tracker music formats?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

I cannot download.

Postby Zucca » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:15 pm

The downloading fails. It just brings me to the same page when I click to download the *.rar file.

EDIT: Enabling all cookies and opening the download link in a new tab solved the problem.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 pm

skymandr wrote:

Actually, he messaged me not too long ago asking if I could help with the music... I don't know if anything's changed since then, though.
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby AirWolF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 pm

First of all I said earlier that these music in MP3 format so it will run on each platform. Heroic_Chaz, download the demo of menu and if you can make sound better than that - keep going :) Any comments on beta-menu?
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Heroic_Chaz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Got it. I'll see if I can make it better. As for the battles, I'm gonna make them from scratch... I enjoy doing that. For the battles, should I make them slightly higher-quality than the original ones but the same, or slightly remixed versions of it?
Heroic_Chaz
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby AirWolF » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Do whatever you want. You know... after 7 years in music school I lost all interest in music so I dont mind. Its just must be good for ears. :D
AirWolF
Locusta
Locusta

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff