Post-less members

Questions, suggestions and comments regarding Phantasy Star Cave goes here

Post-less members

Postby Semix » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:38 pm

After an evening of difficult managing of my clan. I looked through the members section. And there are more than many members who have 0 - 2 posts or something. Its nice to not be annoyingly repatative like me, but a member with so little/no posts isnt really a proper member. Am i stupid or does anyone see what im trying to say. Sorry for posting more myself, i know i post too much and i apolgize. ^^'
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 pm

I believe that people with 0 posts should be deleted, as they're just taking space in the member list. However, Missagh is very relunctant to do this.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby GaryOak » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:36 am

BenoitRen wrote:I believe that people with 0 posts should be deleted, as they're just taking space in the member list. However, Missagh is very relunctant to do this.

Might I add that people with 0 posts and who have been here more than (for example) 2 months.
GaryOak
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:27 pm

GaryOak wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:I believe that people with 0 posts should be deleted, as they're just taking space in the member list. However, Missagh is very relunctant to do this.

Might I add that people with 0 posts and who have been here more than (for example) 2 months.
How about six months of inactivity == member temporary deletion (does not show up in any statistics)
?
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Zucca wrote:
GaryOak wrote:

How about six months of inactivity == member temporary deletion (does not show up in any statistics)
?

What so they can re-activate it? Also Ben i agree with you. Also may i add (just a off-topic idea) i think it would be cool if there were more levels. Not just some that are higher than demilicious, but to stop some from being spaced out. Back to subject, yes, go to members, total posts, and decending, at about page 4 all of the rest have 0. To about page 8.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Missagh has a complex about numbers it seems, let alone having new content for this place.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Re: Post-less members

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Semix wrote:After an evening of difficult managing of my clan. I looked through the members section. And there are more than many members who have 0 - 2 posts or something. Its nice to not be annoyingly repatative like me, but a member with so little/no posts isnt really a proper member. Am i stupid or does anyone see what im trying to say. Sorry for posting more myself, i know i post too much and i apolgize. ^^'

Another thing: could you stop apologising for having a brutal, honest opinion about the site? It's cowardly when people do that.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:39 pm

i was just trying to be nice. I know i rush to conclusions sometimes
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Semix wrote:i was just trying to be nice. I know i rush to conclusions sometimes

Don't worry about it, mate. Missagh isn't going to suddenly ban you for it. Free speech for the win.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:43 pm

phew
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:03 pm

I would give anyone with 0 posts 1 month to make a post and delete the account. 1-9 get 3 months, and 10-19 get 6. 20+ should get a year.

This is a sort of standards for other sites I've seen altho some cut the limit at 6 months for every account regardless of activity (0-infinite posts) And others do yearly check-ups on member inactivity.

You also don't want to see your members list look cluttered up with a bunch of titles nobody uses anymore. People might come to this site, post once or twice, decide they don't care for it and never come back.

I just think it makes things a bit more organized to delete unused accounts.
Abominae

Postby Neo48 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Odd....I was curious and looked through the members list a couple days ago. There sure are a lot of people with zero.
PSO (GC) - NEO: HUcast LV 176
PSOBB Schthack (PC) - Redrian: HUcast LV 25
PSU (PC) - Neo: Male Cast Acrofighter LV 161 R.I.P.
PS0 (DS) - Neon: HUcaseal LV 82
Neo48
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Neo48 wrote:Odd....I was curious and looked through the members list a couple days ago. There sure are a lot of people with zero.

yeah it must be over 50%
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Return to Site related