Discussions about Phantasy Star Zero

PS0, should it be on PSP (EU)

PSP players need a cut of the action
31%
I't wouldnt work
69%

Total votes : 13

Postby Abominae » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Acromaster wrote:only good about war of the lions is a couple new classes...other than that it's and exact replica of the original ff tactics...although a great game too. :lol:

Any system with FFT has already deemed itself worthy of purchase.
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:51 pm

I think buying a game for the second time with the only difference being better graphics is stupid.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Zucca » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:06 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I think buying a game for the second time with the only difference being better graphics is stupid.
A feature like that (better graphics) should come as a "free upgrade". But since we're talking about console games, it's highly unlikely to happen. ;)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Semix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Zucca wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:I think buying a game for the second time with the only difference being better graphics is stupid.
A feature like that (better graphics) should come as a "free upgrade". But since we're talking about console games, it's highly unlikely to happen. ;)

Nothings free, maybe a upgrade that is between £5-£8.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm

You would

Problem is, FFT for PSP only has animated/voice acted cut scenes added to it.
The biggest reason I want the PSP?

duh... are you retarded???

Final Fantasy Tactics on the road!!!!
Abominae

Postby Acromaster » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:58 pm

I think crisis core was a better reason to get my psp than tactics tho...much better than updating.
"Is that a boomerang gun?" "No, you F@$*ing idiot, it's a SLASHER!!!"
Acromaster
Pinchant
Pinchant

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:00 pm

If you want Final Fantasy Tactics portable, you could just emulate it on the PSP.
BenoitRen

Postby Abominae » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:46 pm

BenoitRen wrote:If you want Final Fantasy Tactics portable, you could just emulate it on the PSP.

So what happend to all that talk about how it's just wrong to emulate and people who do it are scum, blah blah blah...?

Also, why would I risk playing an inferior/bugged emulator/rom of a title when I can just buy it since I would already have to have a PSP?
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Emulation was never wrong. Don't put words in my mouth. There's especially nothing wrong with emulating a game that you own.

Why? Because emulators are free.
BenoitRen

Postby Semix » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:13 pm

No problem here now, i got a DSi XD
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Abominae » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Emulation was never wrong. Don't put words in my mouth. There's especially nothing wrong with emulating a game that you own.

Why? Because emulators are free.

I still remember this big debate about emulators and people who wanted to use them to play games they didn't own. I still recall your stance on the subject, and as always, it was contrary to popular vote.

Regardless... I still think using an emulator on the PSP to play a PSP game is just silly. However, for those of us who no longer own functioning consoles, emulators are a way for us to play those games of the past (and present?) that we can't play because of a number of differing reasons.

Still, with the NES/SNES/Genesis pirate consoles being sold, one might drive a hard argument about buying those games outright.

If possible, I prefer to buy games that I want to play rather than using an emulator. Emulators provide a steep level of convenience, but it just feels better when you're playing the game on the console it was intended for.

One game I'd like to get is the Sega 32x: Phantasy Star 4. I'd like to see what it's like. I saw a copy on e-bay a while back but I think it was running about $150 at the time. Probably been sold by now. Good luck finding a copy for anyone who wants to find it.
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Abominae wrote:I still remember this big debate about emulators and people who wanted to use them to play games they didn't own.

I have a problem when using emulators to play relatively recent games that can still be bought, like GBA and DS. I don't have much of a problem with older games.
I still think using an emulator on the PSP to play a PSP game is just silly.

You mean a PSX game.
One game I'd like to get is the Sega 32x: Phantasy Star 4.

It doesn't exist.
BenoitRen

Postby Abominae » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:59 pm

BenoitRen wrote:
Abominae wrote:
I still think using an emulator on the PSP to play a PSP game is just silly.

You mean a PSX game.

No, I mean a PSP game. FFT for PSP has, in my opinion, updates that make it worthwhile (even if it didn't I'd still pick it up. FFT portable? F***in' aye!)

BenoitRen wrote:
Abominae wrote:One game I'd like to get is the Sega 32x: Phantasy Star 4.

It doesn't exist.

Perhaps not the 32x. But I have seen a non-genesis version of PS4 before. It was made for whatever expansion the Genesis had. I don't remember what the expansion was called.
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Abominae wrote:No, I mean a PSP game.

But I didn't! Obviously emulating a PSP to play a PSP game on a PSP is silly. But not a PSX game. And it'd be portable, so it would be silly to pick up the same game again if it didn't any extras.

Phantasy Star IV was originally planned for the Sega CD, with some weird story about return of slavery and galactic federation.
BenoitRen

Postby Abominae » Mon May 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Umm... it does have extras. A lot of extras. New classes (DARK KNIGHTS/ HOLY KNIGHTS!!! FTW!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!), animated/voice acted cutscenes, and from what I hear, more new characters.
Abominae

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star Zero