Phantasy Star IV:Beneath a New Light.

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Phantasy Star IV:Beneath a New Light.

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:26 pm

View most of the old thread here:

You can continue the discussion in this thread.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Abominae » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:06 pm

You should not have posted this.

I had resolved to say nothing, seeing as how that would be in the sites' best interest, but since you're going to take this route, I must.

Lyla has expressed no interest in returning to the site. You'd be hard pressed to change her mind.

... I probably shouldn't even be saying this... but she cried when she found out all her work from this site had been lost. I think it was an issue of fustration, but I'm not going to nitpick.

She's not going to return. And you really can't blame her... Even the account she made was lost.
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:16 pm

I've read her messages on Fringes of Algo, yes.

So what if she doesn't come back? That doesn't mean that we should throw away a thread she made. From the sounds of it, it was important to her, so your suggestion of not posting this recovered data is... illogical.
BenoitRen

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:23 am

She's not coming back?

That's kind of sad. Even if her account was lost all she has to do is remake it anew again. Most of her information about her games and such was saved from what I can gather, so I don't see why rolling back four months is such a big deal.
Check out my PS fanfics here!
The Phantasy Star fandom's resident yaoi manaic...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Location: On a rocket hurtling through space at the speed of light.

Postby meteor9 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:25 pm

...in tears. She was in tears over a temporary setback in which zero actual information was lost.

That's...uh, special.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Abominae » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Hahaha, she had no idea it would be back.

If I could see you now, I'd punch you in the teeth. You should know better than to make fun of a girl crying... you are married after all.
Abominae

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Chauvinism rears its ugly head again. As in, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't care (as much) if it was a boy crying. :roll:
BenoitRen

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Abominae wrote:Hahaha, she had no idea it would be back.

If I could see you now, I'd punch you in the teeth. You should know better than to make fun of a girl crying... you are married after all.

It makes no difference whether it was a girl or a boy crying. If it was my thread that was lost, meteor9 would tell me to suck it up as well. And I would, because stuff on the internet is miniscule in importance compared to stuff that happens in our real, important lives.
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby meteor9 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:13 pm

Yeah, I mean, if someone's going to have an absurdly dramatic reaction to a website going down (in which no work was lost and only a popular thread, which I imagine is what REALLY matters here as per her tendency to make a thousand threads and post like crazy) I don't give two craps what gender they are.

Lyla always struck me as an attention seeker. Stealing dialogue probably didn't help my first impressions either, but, there ya go. She's not upset over anything real, just internet popularity.

And if she's adamantly not going to come back after learning that we're back up after a slight webhost hiccup, then frankly she's not the kind of person I'd like to have around anyway.

Alright, now cut the internet tough guy routine. You're not going to get any e-sex or any e-dates out of her by white-knighting to such a ridiculous degree.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:43 pm

The web pervades our lives more and more today, though. I wouldn't say that everything on it is minuscule, especially when you can make real money from it. But, admittedly, something like a message board thread doesn't rank high on the importance chart, even on the web.
BenoitRen

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:31 pm

BenoitRen wrote:The web pervades our lives more and more today, though. I wouldn't say that everything on it is minuscule, especially when you can make real money from it. But, admittedly, something like a message board thread doesn't rank high on the importance chart, even on the web.

I agree.

Stuff pertaining to a video game series that pretty much ended twenty years ago(in my eyes) is small compared to important stuff, as much as I enjoy the Phantasy Star games...
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Abominae wrote:but she cried when she found out all her work from this site had been lost.
Work?
What work? Those are only posts... I belive she has her project files somewhere else than in PS Cave.
So those files are still safe.

What's the problem here? An account lost? It takes few minutes to create one.

Call me stupid - I don't get this.
Last edited by Zucca on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Zucca wrote:
Abominae wrote:but she cried when she found out all her work from this site had been lost.
Work?
What work? Those are only posts... I belive she has her project files somewhere else than in PS Cave.
So those files are still safe.

What's the problem here? An account lost? It takes few minutes to create one.

Call me stupid - I don't get this.

I guess what she was upset about was her post count dropping to zero, and the loss of multiple threads of people praising her for her work. That can mean a lot to some forum-goers, especially the kind who require constant praise to continue working.

Frankly, I'm still really annoyed with Lyla about how she plagiarized dialog from my buddy meteor9's Let's Play without asking permission first. He's a really nice guy and didn't let it bother him too much, but I got to watch him invest huge amounts of effort into that project for a couple of months and it infuriated me that somebody could pilfer from it so casually; like it was no big deal.

Crediting it to him after she was called out on it was just an easy way to dodge the issue; I don't think she ever actually asked permission to do so.

Sorry for the tangent, but I just wanted to get that off my chest.
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:01 am

I didn't even knew that. :o
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Black Waltz 0 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:04 am

Zucca wrote:I didn't even knew that. :o

It's true. She probably didn't do it intentionally, or if she did she didn't think anything was wrong with that. Oh well.
Black Waltz 0
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Fan stuff