Side scrolling game

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:06 pm

I wouldn't steal the resources! Goodness no! But yeah, the system he is using, would be perfect for a Phantasy Star side scroller like you say.

And, people do post tutorials, and things called libs.(Not sure what it means, but hey, it's what it's called.)

Mostly the libs were for sprites for characters, with slight mechanics to make the characters work. These things were released for GF and GM and other game making programs alike.

The GM website has tons of games there, I'll see if I can find one that I can possibly base my system off of.
Last edited by Mega Man model T 101 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edge » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:22 pm

I *think* libs is for library's... It'd make sense anyway... If you need any help with graphical stuff, or story, let me know... I'm excited to see what you do.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Well, after looking around, the GM takes a lot of work, a lot more work and can get very confusing. But, as I found out, the Games Factory 2 is a step to the GF, and it still has a similar system setup, and easy programming, yet as good as GM from the looks of it.

Anyway, Edless is working on the two main characters I think, which are going to be Nei and Neifirst.

The general plot, is that they're on a new planet, and have no real idea what is going on, and they don't even know each other are alive because they were brought back to life in two separate parts of the lab building, and they escape by going two different directions.

Mostly I have ideas for the areas they explore, but as for enemies and such, like who the main enemy will be, I haven't figured that out yet. But the enemies they would fight would be ones from the Phantasy Star games.

Mostly I need the sprites that Edless is making, and the backgrounds he used for his images. And if you would like to contribute to the fields I mentioned, that would be great. :D
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Edge » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:03 am

lol, it looks like you got all the fields covered.
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Hey Edless, how's the progress on those sprites coming along? I hope you haven't had any trouble along the way.
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:30 am

Any updates here? :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 am

Sadly, no. Edless hasn't posted here in forever, and he hasn't replied to the PMs I've sent him. :(

And I am the main programmer, but I can't do anything without the sprites or backgrounds Edless is supposed to provide.

And this pic here, pretty much shows the game project we're going to be working on.

Though, it's a pic he made, not one I captured from the game, as I haven't even done anything, besides think of the basic parts of the plot and some stages ideas, which I can't do without the sprites and such. :?

*sigh* So therefore, this project is on hold, until Edless, or someone, makes a fully animated Nei and Neifirst.
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Daren » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:55 am

Mega Man model T 101 wrote:
*sigh* So therefore, this project is on hold, until Edless, or someone, makes a fully animated Nei and Neifirst.

This project looked like it was going good for a while... Why don't you try at making some animations yourself? You're probably not going to be so good in the beginning but you might get good at it pretty fast. Especially since Endless left the Castlevania sprites in this tread, seems to me that it's mostly a re-coloring thing.
Do you have Photoshop or Paintshop?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:02 pm

PHHHHHHH! Me? Make the sprite animations? HA! All I'm good at is recoloring, and adding one or two details. That's it. Trust me, I tried to add animations to the Camilla sprite years ago, and it turned out horrible! I couldn't even making just a few frame running animation! And I tried just using a small number, not the amount in other Castlevania sprites.

But, I guess I could try.....but I still need more of the backgrounds Edless used for his pics. I have just a small amount, and I do know some that I can rip myself, but still.

I do have a fully recolored sheet of the Camilla sprite into Nei colors, but, to add the new animations like running, walking, actual ducking, attacking with the hands and such, jumping and landing........that I really don't know if I can pull it off without it not looking like a real horrible sloppy mess. :cry:
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Zucca » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm eager to learn to do some sprites. For this I have compiled Grafx2.
I will, for sure, post if I get anything done, but it will take some time.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Daren » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Zucca wrote:I'm eager to learn to do some sprites. For this I have compiled Grafx2.

Please do, I'd love to see what you can come up to. Have you ever tried before?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:14 am

Zucca wrote:I'm eager to learn to do some sprites. For this I have compiled Grafx2.

Really? That would be great! For Nei, use this style.
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww69/megamanmodelt101/design_Nei.jpg?t=1270606339
Well, at least for the outfit and such. :wink:

For Neifirst, use this style.

I look forward to the result. :D
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Re: Side scrolling game

Postby Haaiku » Thu May 19, 2011 7:48 pm

what do you think?
Attachments
Nei Sprite Preview.PNG
Nei Sprite Preview.PNG (728 Bytes) Viewed 18736 times
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Haaiku » Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Something like this?
Attachments
Nei Sprite Preview 2.PNG
Nei Sprite Preview 2.PNG (682 Bytes) Viewed 18732 times
Haaiku
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Here's the edit to the boot portion.
Attachments
nei01.png
nei01.png (1.3 KiB) Viewed 18727 times
My story, The Children of Destiny: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1619534/Mega_Man_Model_T_101
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff