Guess what I found...

Discussions about Phantasy Star Universe

Guess what I found...

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 am

A Neiclaw!

Ugly B rank claw with two LONG ass blades.

Here's the description in the menu:

A claw said to have
appeared from a
dimensional rift deep
inside a RELICS site. It is
said to have belonged to
a legendary Newman

Six stars

So... Who was complaining that the more recent PS games had no connections to the old PS series and thus were not Phantasy Stars?

HERE BE A LINK!!!

Off to play moar...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Location: Damnation Street, Cocytus City, Northwestern Hell, Inferno. >=P

Postby meteor9 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 am

Except thats more of a PSO reference as Nei Claw and Rika Claw are from that game, and with PSU calling the Rika Claw a Falclaw. Sure, Fal's her original name, but the PSU guys probably haven't played a classic PS in their lives and just went with the literal translation because, hey, who the hell is Fal?

That, and Neiclaws have been old hat in PSU for ages.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

So?

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:52 pm

So it comes from PSO. What's the big deal?

It's a reference anyway. And the reason they kept it as Falclaw instead of changing it to Rikaclaw may well have been since they wanted to keep a standard... let's face it... the translations of the classic PS aren't that great...

It's a reference... How many PS characters have been named Nei? How many Fal? And if you argue about the sheer size of the thing, I may like to remind you to go and check the official PS4 promotional artwork... We get treated to Rika or Fal being equipped with a gigantic claw like this one... And if you tell me that claw is nothing new, well, guess what... I had never enountered that particular claw... =P
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Addendum:

Postby Wing-0 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 pm

I booted Ambition of Illuminus for a quick check if my characters were still there. I pick my newman, go and do a quick run on S rank, and BAM... a Neiclaw...

DAMN...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby meteor9 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:27 am

In PSO it was a reference, but in PSU it feels more like they were just porting over PSO weapons for the sake of PSO nostalgia, which is why they didn't bother to rename the Falclaw for it's English counterpart. That's what I'm getting at.
meteor9
Blastoid
Blastoid

so?

Postby Wing-0 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:32 am

It's still a reference...
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby thriwren » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:03 pm

meteor9 wrote:In PSO it was a reference, but in PSU it feels more like they were just porting over PSO weapons for the sake of PSO nostalgia, which is why they didn't bother to rename the Falclaw for it's English counterpart. That's what I'm getting at.
I agree. Since there is rifts happening and such It looks like PSU is more directly connected to PSO than both of the online series to the previous PS games.
Thriwren - Lvl 140 - Fortegunner lvl 20
thriwren
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 pm

Reposting lost posts from first page:
Neo48, Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:13 pm wrote:I'm convinced that Rykros is Ragol.

thriwren, Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:11 pm wrote:I doubt that since I am guessing since there is bits a peaces of Ragol apearing through "demintional riffs" as random mission that show up now and then.

Neo48, Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:05 am wrote:The rifts originate on Rykros though. That is what MAG taught us.

Mono, Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 am wrote:May I see a screenshot of this Neiclaw?

WING-0, Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:20 am wrote:Subject: May I send it to you?

PM me... or #CC me...

thriwren, Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:09 pm wrote:
Neo48 wrote:The rifts originate on Rykros though. That is what MAG taught us.

Yes, but that does not mean Rycross is Ragol. It is bring an access point(s) to the Gurhal system.

WING-0, Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:24 am wrote:I can't speak about that. That would mean I'd have to come up with a marihuana induced theory to explain that thing and I don't even smoke pot...

My guess is that the developers are just using the name for a fourth planet where the seed originate... That's all.

(In PSU at least)

Abominae, Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 pm wrote:I'd lose all respect for (current) PS game developers if that did turn out to be a cheap stab at the original Rykros. If it's them trying to hint that they'd like to go back and do something with the Algo star system...

Also, Rykros looks nothing like Ragol. How did you come up with that theory?
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Reposting lost posts from second page:
Mono, Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 pm wrote:And how could the find Rykross/Ragol without the aeroprism? It can't be detected by any other way, and not even Wren, who was monitoring the Star System for almost a millenium knew about its existence.

Neo48, Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:38 am wrote:
Also, Rykros looks nothing like Ragol. How did you come up with that theory?

Spreading of the dark cells: Dark Falz's infection.

Abominae, Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:16 pm wrote:I have a bit of a headache, so bear with me here.

Rykros, as seen in PS4, was a planet seemingly covered in crystal formations that even had 3-4 tower-like structures composed (entirely?) of this crystalline substance.

Ragol, as seen in PSO (was there a planet of the same name in PSU?... I won't bother making a reply if the answer is yes. You can already guess what I'll say), was a rich, beautiful planet laced with a wide variety of geography. This is the main point on why it was chosen as the "New home" for the refugees in Pioneer 1 & 2.

I never did figure out what the big story behind PSO. I always think back to that, "Pioneer _ had a population of ______, but records indicate ration consumption at _____." which basically meant there were a lot of people on the ship who weren't supposed to be there.

Neo48, Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:20 am wrote:Hehe, I would have to play the PS games to understand this stuff entirely.

WING-0, Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:12 am wrote:If you ask me, all those theories are just too much speculation... There is absolutely NO evidence to any of what you say... I couldn't even make a connection between Ragol, Rykross and the SEED...

Please explain to me why you think this is so.

Neo48, Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 pm wrote:You are right, it is speculation.

Abominae, Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:01 pm wrote:I don't think there's a connection (or at least, one worth mentioning), but I read the posts on this thread and felt compelled to ask.

Man, I'm f***ing hungry... Should have eaten before I left. Oh well...
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Where did you find the Nei claw? Any particular area?
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Postby Wing-0 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:09 pm

I think it was a seabed facility.
Wing-0
Dominator
Dominator

Postby Mega Man model T 101 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Seabed Facility? Alright, I'll see if I can find it there.
Mega Man model T 101
Locusta
Locusta

Return to Phantasy Star Universe