Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Edge » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:18 am

That looks cool ^_^

Nice original looking chipset too, you can hardly tell PS3 was the basis of it.

Nice work, bro!
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 am

Edge wrote:That looks cool ^_^

Nice original looking chipset too, you can hardly tell PS3 was the basis of it.

Nice work, bro!

Thanks man! ;)

Alright, After 10 hours and a freaking migraine, it's finally over and thank goodness to cause I was getting fed up. Anyway here is a GIF picture of the animated veins in Dark Force's Lair.

It's a little slower in the game but you get a good idea of what it looks like. Also, the entire floor is covered of the veins but there is also another floor tile and I forgot to put in the test file, it won't look so dense in the final product.
I've always said that the best game pay attention to detail so it's a start and now that I know how to animate things I'm going to have a little fun with it ;)
That's all for now!
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:39 am

That... is... frikken.... awesome, Daren! How on earth did you manage to animate it like that?! Because I'm also thing of using animated autotiles for the lights in the techno dungeons in my game.

Excellent work, Daren! I'm really looking forward to your fan game more than ever now! :D

You're really good at spriting as well. I love that new tileset/chipset.

8)
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Zucca » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:45 am

Man, you continue to surprise us with every post you post on this thread.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Daren » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks very much Lyla and of course Zucca.

<
lyla2284 wrote:That... is... frikken.... awesome, Daren! How on earth did you manage to animate it like that?! Because I'm also thing of using animated autotiles for the lights in the techno dungeons in my game.

Excellent work, Daren! I'm really looking forward to your fan game more than ever now! :D

You're really good at spriting as well. I love that new tileset/chipset.

8)

How did I do it? Using charsets and building more then 150 different 1 tile animation of the original chipset and I'm sure I could have done at least 50 more of the different directions the blood could have gone, but the basics at there.
After doing that, I'm sure I could attack some lights to see how it could turn out. Lyla, if you send me a chip of what you'd like to animate, I could try and see what I can do :)
I think I'm going to try and animate some branches from the trees in town next but in any case, thanks again you guys and also a special thanks to Edge cause without him, I'd had no clue you could even do that.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby lyla2284 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:28 pm

I'd appreciate that very much Daren. But I'll have to see what I've got. I'm sure RMXP's hi-res tilesets won't be a problem, right? 8)

Of course not. You're a master at what you do. :D Maybe I'll send you a screen of my 'techno' interiors, and we'll take it from there.
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:44 pm

lyla2284 wrote:I'd appreciate that very much Daren. But I'll have to see what I've got. I'm sure RMXP's hi-res tilesets won't be a problem, right? 8)

Of course not. You're a master at what you do. :D Maybe I'll send you a screen of my 'techno' interiors, and we'll take it from there.

Send over! Although I haven't used Hi-res tiles, I'm sure I can do something with em ;) if I can't well you're not worst off anyway.

My e-mail is ( darentheking@hotmail.com ) <-- Yea I know that e-mail sucks but there's a long story behind it

Just tell me what you want done and I'll see what I can do
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:19 am

Hey everyone
Here's a little update

So I've been working on a few chipsets for a friend of mine but you already know that. Today I started work on a dungeon chipset that I wanted to do animated water flowing along the walls that was coming from cracks in the wall.

Some of you will remember the basic dungeons from PS 3 but with the little water element, it gives it a nice face lift in my opinion ;) And also, it's still a work in progress.

Alright that's all for now.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 am

Dude... You're hired, join my team! lol
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Looks awesome Daren!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Daren » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:35 am

Missagh wrote:Looks awesome Daren!

You should see it in action ;) but thank you Missagh.

Edge, I'll join your team of course :P

Missagh, I was wondering, if I could use your monster animations from the site? And also, where did you get them?
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Missagh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:41 am

Oh you will need to contact Wolfgang Landgraf for that. I am certain that he does not mind you using it, as long as you ask permission for it. His mail is: wl[AT]seh.de
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Daren » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Missagh wrote:Oh you will need to contact Wolfgang Landgraf for that. I am certain that he does not mind you using it, as long as you ask permission for it. His mail is: wl[AT]seh.de

Done! Thank you for the help Missagh
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:12 am

Alright here is another update.

The last installment of a series of chipsets I'm making.

The guy I'm making this for wanted the chipset to have an earthy feel to it, have some trees, etc. So in the end I recolored the original tileset and added some animated pools of water, some treescoming out of a cracked floor and of course cracks in the floor itself. It's not done yet though, I'd like it to have cracked walls and some roots coming out of the floor as well but the basic chipset will look kind of like this.

Alright, back to work.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:51 am

Man, while I been busy working, you been... busy working... Nice job bro! Everytime you post a pic you continue to impress me.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff