Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby Daren » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:58 am

Edge wrote:Man, while I been busy working, you been... busy working... Nice job bro! Everytime you post a pic you continue to impress me.

Thanks man, it's all cool ;)
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 am

Alright I've passed the last day remaking the PS 3 world map chipset and so far here's what it looks like.

I've added some shadows, changed the forest, mountain and floor tiles which gives it much more color and fixed the bridge by actually giving it a beginning and ending. In my opinion, it gives it a much needed face lift.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 am

beautiful
I've traveled back in time... 300 years... Just to call you a "Cracker"!
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 am

My reaction in short (positive) way:
:O
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby lyla2284 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 pm

I must say, a vast improvement over the original. Excellent work as usual Daren!
lyla2284
Blastoid
Blastoid

Postby Daren » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks everyone!

Now, since Edge found a way to actually animate the monster attacks in RM2K I'm going to use this day to rip a few monsters out of PS4 or 2. It ain't a short process by any means because of all the re-coloring needed but if I want my game to go to the next lvl then I have to do this.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:11 am

Just a quick update to show you guys where I'm at with the monster animation.

I know I wrote some stuff on them, but think about it, I worked about 18 hours on these and I'm not about to just give them away. You'll have to play the game to see all of these in action, they are all the animations for these monsters, all recolored and all aligned perfectly.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:30 am

Quick update

Three more monster animation finished.

The Fire Eye from PS 2, The Fire Ant also from PS2 and the Sand Newt from PS4.
Next up, The Piercer (PS4) and Catfang (PS2)

Also, I have completely written the script for the second quarter of the game, all that needs to be added are the character texts.

I'm doing some great progress.

Alright back to work.

PS: I hope I didn't insult anyone by not sharing the monster animation, it was not my goal if I did and I hope you can all understand the work that is going into these.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Edge » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:47 am

Oh, I am beyond insulted. I demand these pics without the logo! What kinda idea is that anyway!? You sneaky bastard! I hate you!!

Great work as always, bro. Don't stop impressing us anytime soon, now.
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:04 am

Edge wrote:Oh, I am beyond insulted. I demand these pics without the logo! What kinda idea is that anyway!? You sneaky bastard! I hate you!!

Great work as always, bro. Don't stop impressing us anytime soon, now.

Somehow I knew you'd say something like that you crazy bastard :P But still, thanks
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Eleah » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Daren, this looks so awesome! The glowing tiles give it an ultra-PS2 effect, so appropiate! I can't believe all the hard work you are putting into this! Keep it up! (Don't worry about the monsters, we know that they won't have the words over them in the game... or will they? :wink: I would do the same if I were in your place, :) ) Good luck!
Eleah
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Daren » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 am

Eleah wrote:Daren, this looks so awesome! The glowing tiles give it an ultra-PS2 effect, so appropiate! I can't believe all the hard work you are putting into this! Keep it up! (Don't worry about the monsters, we know that they won't have the words over them in the game... or will they? :wink: I would do the same if I were in your place, :) ) Good luck!

Thanks Eleah, I'm curious, you are talking about the opening titles of the game? And for the monsters, of course they won't have writing on em, or will they? hahaha I kid myself ;)

Alright now for an update.

It's not much because it's only one thing but it's been one huge time consuming thing none the least. You see I was thinking of trying my hand at making a new monster and it's animation. During the process it changed at altering an existing one to see how I could make it look different. So I chose one that everyone loves and here is what I did with it.

Of course anyone will recognize which monster this is. The original animation as 5 frames of body movement for one of it's attack I had to create 2 others for it to make sense with her wings and many more to animate her wings. So in the end, after about 20 hours of work on making her wings and recoloring her (And it's still not done because I want to create 2 other animations for skills and such) this animation as 17 of them.

I also plan to make some new monsters and changing some existing ones to make it a little more original then just using the original from the other games.

Alright that's all for now.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Eleah » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Daren said
I'm curious, you are talking about the opening titles of the game?

No, I meant the glowing floor you used at Dark Force's Lair. I said it wrong, as it was the floor what was glowing, not the tiles... sorry for that.

Wow, it's really impressive! Good luck!
Eleah
Xanafalgue
Xanafalgue

Postby Edge » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:41 am

You pwn. Sorry for being so busy lately, and not really being much help. I'm having trouble in paradise these last couple of days...
Edge
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:06 am

Once again: This looks really good. :)
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff