Gantz

Any discussions related to anime/manga that you wish to share, or curious to know

Gantz

Postby Semix » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Suggestions from elfen lied, the first was Gantz. Anyone seen any of it? I'm on episode 21 or about 26, it seems okay. I like watching it, but it seems more annoying that epic. Kei is attracted to the other guy and so far (potential spoiler) it really doesn't seem like she will anytime soon, I think that's a missed oppurtunity. However it is epic here and there, and funny from time to time. Worth a watch, some bits (one in particular with 2 people you see very little of) is very upsetting, just because of who they are. It's classed under Horror and Ecchi (I love ecchi ;)). It is however a guilty pleasure and very addictive, so apart from some frustrating and confusing scenes, worth a peek.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:22 pm

The anime stops being true to the manga after beating the buddha statue monsters. I wasn't fond of the ending, sadly.

No. 1 reason to read the manga: Reika = BOIIIIING

IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

The buddist part is where im up to. The bit with the grandma though :'(
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Wait was the ending meant to be that confusing and disappointing? It was alright, but I didn't really get it. Help?
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Semix wrote:Wait was the ending meant to be that confusing and disappointing? It was alright, but I didn't really get it. Help?

It's an exclusive ending to the anime, not canon to the manga. Basically Kei dies because despite his FUCK U attitude, the Gantz thing is in control.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:50 pm

thepeaguy wrote:
Semix wrote:Wait was the ending meant to be that confusing and disappointing? It was alright, but I didn't really get it. Help?

It's an exclusive ending to the anime, not canon to the manga. Basically Kei dies because despite his * U attitude, the Gantz thing is in control.

When the other kei died ("Big Titz") I thought it damaged the story, she died to early.
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Semix wrote:
thepeaguy wrote:

It's an exclusive ending to the anime, not canon to the manga. Basically Kei dies because despite his * U attitude, the Gantz thing is in control.

When the other kei died ("Big Titz") I thought it damaged the story, she died to early.

Well she was a copy of the real female Kei.

Her death's the same as the manga, but she doesn't reappear again in the story, as far as I know.

You're better off reading it online if you're a big fan.
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby IndispensablePeaGuy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 am

Reika's ass and crotch <3
IndispensablePeaGuy
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby Semix » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:39 pm

She really should have lived, and not hugging the other guy :S
Semix
King Rappy
King Rappy

Postby LegoMuskCat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:49 am

I was recommended the anime by a friend. I thought everything went downhill [spoiler]when basically the entire cast was killed off, save the male Kei.[/spoiler] At first it was interesting, and this was the anime that made me numb to a lot of cartoon violence, but yeeeeah... The more this anime went on, the worse it got, I thought. :(

Very violent and gory, but the concept of the story was interesting to start.

I ended up reading online to see if the manga was this messed up, and I was glad to see that things actually went pretty differently. But I stopped reading around the [spoiler]vampire (?) bit.[/spoiler] Was okay, but I lost interest.
LegoMuskCat
Scorpius
Scorpius

Return to Anime / Manga