Phantasy Star: Genesis

Discuss/post fan stuff (images, fictions, games...)

Postby BenoitRen » Mon May 03, 2010 10:13 pm

I think the stone pathway tiles, the fountain (duh), and some of the trees fit, but the rest feels out of place, like they have a different style to them. I especially feel like the door isn't a part of the wall it is in.
Get Xenoblade Chronicles!
BenoitRen

Postby Daren » Mon May 03, 2010 11:11 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I think the stone pathway tiles, the fountain (duh), and some of the trees fit, but the rest feels out of place, like they have a different style to them. I especially feel like the door isn't a part of the wall it is in.

I fixed the door issue, how about the house? it's part of the original chipset along with the flower bushes, the well, I just recolored some of them.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Thu May 06, 2010 7:03 am

Evening everyone

Just a quick update

I'm working on a new battle animation for the magic user in the group named Lana (Numan) She is the only one who can yield magic instead of techniques which are Fire, Wind and Thunder, but lately I thought that if a 1000 years have passed since the events of PS1 I figured that other magical spells could have been invented.
I'm working on an Ice Spell which would come after Wind and Before Thunder as she levels up.
I'll post an animation of the spell when it's completed but here is a preview of two of the many cast animation.

I know it says Thunder but disregard that ;)
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Sun May 09, 2010 4:00 am

Quick update

So as everyone know, I've been slowly replacing old chipsets with original new ones for the game but I keep thinking that to make a new game I can't just make some new chipsets and keep the old Phantasy Star products here and there, so the game is getting a complete face lift. If I want to make a new game it must look like a new game.
So lately I've been taking a look at old battle animations I ripped from PS 2 and 4 and I have to be honest, I'm not happy with them. So we all know what PS2's Nafoi looks like right? Now here is the new version.

What do you think? Good or Bad my friends.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Mon May 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Alright it's been a while even since my last update but I've been working on all sorts of things.

The script for the second chapter of the game is coming along very nicely.

The Foi animation and it's 2 other variations (GiFoi and Nafoi) are done so I've scratched those PS 2 animations out of the game. I will start working on the Tsu and Wat techs soon.

I've finished another dungeon that will come later in the game

I've also finished working on the Loar city situated on the 3rd continent.

And right now I'm trying my hands on something I've been wanting to do ever since I've started this game, a completely new battle animation for a character attack. Here is a picture of the first of 5 frames (The others have yet to be started)

It's inspired by the Chaz battlers as you can see but I'm trying to make him attack from the side, he would take out his sword from the side and swing it diagonally upwards towards the opposite side. I have to say this is probably the hardest challenge I've given myself since starting the game but I have a feeling it will turn out nice.

Alright back to work
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Thu May 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I have bad news this morning...

Yesterday night my computer crashed, now I've managed to fix the problem but I did loose some data from the game. The good news is that I had done a backup of the game just 2 weeks ago so I didn't loose a whole lot but I still lost 4 maps and a few battle animations...
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Thu May 20, 2010 3:39 pm

That sucks. :( It's very good that you had such a recent back-up, though! Reminds me to make another one of my own...
BenoitRen

Postby Daren » Thu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm

BenoitRen wrote:That sucks. :( It's very good that you had such a recent back-up, though! Reminds me to make another one of my own...

Yeah, but I did have to learn my lesson before starting to make those backups. Back a few years ago I lost 80 gigs of unbacked music, video and other stuff, that was one of my darkest "computer" days ;) So I try backing everything now.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Zucca » Thu May 20, 2010 5:53 pm

I only backup my system (settings) and my own works (heaps of scripts). All the good music I have is also bought, so those are safe in CDs.
I am NaN!
Zucca
Neifirst
Neifirst

Postby Missagh » Fri May 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Harddrive crashes are the worse! It has happened to me far too many times, and everytime I tell myself to backup files more frequently :S

I hope that you will find the inspiration to catch up with the work that you lost and continue the development!
-- Missagh Alami, webmaster of Phantasy Star Cave.
Missagh
The Administrator
The Administrator

Postby Daren » Fri May 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Alright, I know I talked about making a new attack battle sprite many times before and did try in the past but ended up stopping because I found that that task was too hard. But after a few days of trial and error I have a final product that I feel I can show you fine folks. Although it's not perfect, I think for my first one completed that it's pretty cool.

It's a little choppy but in the game it's much smoother. Now like I said this is my first real finished product and I'm sure I'll get better at it as the next ones are done.
Have a good weekend guys

(EDIT: I've fixed the speed of the GIF picture so that you see the sprite move the way it does in the game.)
Last edited by Daren on Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Fri May 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Missagh wrote:Harddrive crashes are the worse! It has happened to me far too many times, and everytime I tell myself to backup files more frequently :S

I hope that you will find the inspiration to catch up with the work that you lost and continue the development!

Heck yeah Missagh, this is just a minor setback and nothing more ;)
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby Daren » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Alright folk here's my new update

As everyone who reads my posts knows that I'm in the process of changing all of the original PS animations from my game and making my own ones for each characters. Last week I posted my very first of a series of animations depicting Chaz in a new animation which I have yet to change (I will redo the character to change the resemblance to Chaz soon) That animation was a test to see if I could do it but this week I have a something new, a character that did not exist before and this animation is for my Numan character.
So here's what it looks like.

This animation is the first of 2 parts (The first claw hit) I need to make a few other frames of her attacking with her other claw but so far this is what I have.
I welcome you to comment on it even if it's negative as I asked you guys last week which no one as done :roll: I need to know if I'm doing something right or wrong and I need some feedback so please discuss.

Back to work!

PS: I know she looks naked but really she is covered by 2 small layers of tight spandex open in between her breasts and wrapped around the back of her neck.

EDIT: I just fixed the speed of the animation that looked too fast.
Last edited by Daren on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Don't worry, the animations you make are excellent!

Is this the final look? For some reason I'm not liking the yellow on her.
BenoitRen

Postby Daren » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:08 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Don't worry, the animations you make are excellent!

Is this the final look? For some reason I'm not liking the yellow on her.

Yeah that's a problem with the color choices I have. From what I can see, I have to choose between 64 colors for the battle animations and that color was the only one that looked like a skin color. Actually, this is something I don't understand, why do I have a choice between 256 colors when I'm making buildings, trees, etc for towns and dungeons but when it comes to battle animations I have 64... Anyone?
And of course, thanks for the comments Benoit.
Daren
Scorpius
Scorpius

PreviousNext

Return to Fan stuff